What are some good Zeppelin-esque bands?

IRanOutOfIdeas

In my musical research, I've consistently seen Rival Sons heralded as the modern Zeppelin. I don't really agree with that statement, but nonethelessI picked up Great Western Valkyrie yesterday and I'm digging the hell out of it.

My quest for finding new Zeppelin-esque bands continue though. And aside from Rival Sons, I've also found Parlor Mob and The Answer. I'll be breaking into them soon enough. Any other suggestions?

The difficulty in answering that question is that Led Zeppelin didn't have just one sound. Although when people say Zeppelinesque they usually mean bands that play songs that sound like Whole Lotta Love.

The Black Crowes (who even did a tour with Jimmy Page in 2000) fit the bill to an extent: Girl From A Pawnshop sounds a bit like Ten Years Gone, Thorn In My Pride has shades of The Rain Song etc.

Guest Len B'stard

They're interesting in that regard actually, thinking about it, there's a helluva lot of bands that are labelled Zep influenced but you'd be hard pushed to find a band that actually sounded like them.

They're interesting in that regard actually, thinking about it, there's a helluva lot of bands that are labelled Zep influenced but you'd be hard pushed to find a band that actually sounded like them.

True, bands tend to gravitate towards a certain side of their style, but ignore the others. The closest I've heard is the Tea Party, they had the heavy, and the acoustic, the folksy, the blues, and especially the eastern exotic stuff, and I dare say Tea Party took it further than Zeppelin. But they fell short in other areas, they didn't do the samba, country or reggae dabbling, nor did they have the high pitched screaming vocals, as Jeff Martin was more of a Morrisson soundalike than anything else.

Joe Bonomassa has some great riff rockers that are Zeppelin-esque to an extend. Check out the song 'Blue and Evil' and see if that is what you are looking for

I second that. Bonomassa is a good recommendation for Zeppelin fans