☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

Let me know what you think of Axl and Tommy's "wrestling match" as they walk off stage. It could've been a real nice moment, but then DJ happened.

Just saw it. :lol:

I love Axl and Tommy moments so I got upset that DJ had to meddle. It's like he constantly has to be the center of attention. Like a child who can't stand when a parent gives one of the other kids some attention.

So does Richard just pick a handful of people in the first row at all the shows and eye fuck them throughout the performance? He's always grinning slyly at people and making "come fuck me" faces.

I thought he was grinning and making faces at Kat :shrugs:

I don't think they had gotten together in 2012 yet.

One thing crossed my mind: if it got so hard and frustrating to release this DVD, why not include new songs on it? Could be a B-side in the credits, could be something on the menu.. I don't know, they could throw us a bone. It's a shame that the first new band release after 2008 is just more of the same.

One thing I noticed from Ashba's tone and phrasing: I think it sounded pretty close to Going Down's main solo. You know, the one with heavy wah "replying" to Bumblefoot's guitar. Is it known if it's really him on that song?

So does Richard just pick a handful of people in the first row at all the shows and eye fuck them throughout the performance? He's always grinning slyly at people and making "come fuck me" faces.

I thought he was grinning and making faces at Kat :shrugs:

For real? I thought he was married..

He was, but I believe he's with Kat now.

Oh, ok, thanks. Guess Ive been out of the loop for quite some time now.

Let me know what you think of Axl and Tommy's "wrestling match" as they walk off stage. It could've been a real nice moment, but then DJ happened.

Just saw it. :lol:

He's always grinning slyly at people and making "come fuck me faces

Are these observations or something else here mags? :lol:
Richard is sexy as fuck. I'd consider it. :lol:

PC is kind of a downer. It's the last song of the show. Wish Axl would bring some more intensity to it.

Let's be honest, he's a beautiful man. Plays a mean guitar too :D

DJ has missed/wrong notes in almost half of the songs, including on solos he wrote because he couldn't play the original solo. Watch it and take a shot every time they cut to him walking around/posing and not even playing in the middle of a song.

Watching the dvd again.

Right before DJ's solo thing in Patience Tommy's standing right behind him, so close that it looks like he's touching DJ and then he whispers something to him and walks away laughing. I wonder what he said to him.

Then both Dizzy and Bumblefoot starts clapping and then Axl walks on with his "Living the dream!" comment and Bumblefoot's like :rofl-lol:

edit: I just noticed that later in Patience DJ walks up behind Tommy like Tommy did to him.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

Haven't finished watching it yet, but was underwhelmed with "Estranged" and the opening of Catcher which does gradually improve. The opening tracks are killer and "Better" and "Street of Dreams" are great live versions. Some songs are fifty/fifty performance wise but the impressive production (especially in 3D) easily made me overlook that!

If this was a 2010 concert then I would have died a happy GNR fan, but since it was from 2012 then I'm still left wanting more. I'm waiting on something to make me a proud fan, but it just seems this concert missed that. Rockfuel did awesome, but the band (Axl's vocals) just weren't up to par.

• Like 1

I really wish I had a 3d tv to watch my blu ray in 3d :/.. I'm not too into 3d movies though so not really a smart investment for me

Same here. I only have a 3D TV because it was included with the TV I bought last. I never would have paid extra for it.

I do have to say that the 3D in this looked awesome, though.

Guest Gunns

Seeing Ashba ruin patience with his lame stage antics and that solo, that fucking travesty of a solo where the whole band are basically laughing at it and him.

(Did anyone notice during the middle of Dj's solo, you see Pitman standing at the keyboards, and then the camera angle changes and then goes back to a shot with pitman in the background and he's now sitting down.. Like he is waiting for that abomination of a fucking solo to finish.

The most entertaining part of this concert so far has been the band laughing at dj

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

After Axl DJ is a fan favourite at live concerts. Hate all you want lol

Oh I don't deny he is a good stage clown, but for those that care more for the music then the antics, his abilities leaves a lot to be desired.

Guest Gunns

After Axl DJ is a fan favourite at live concerts. Hate all you want lol

Oh I don't deny he is a good stage clown, but for those that care more for the music then the antics, his abilities leaves a lot to be desired.

Guns n roses makes music?

I should have added ' care more for the music to be played correctly ' :lol:

• Like 1

I really wish they had done this with the UCAP tour. Imagine a "Best of" DVD with Philly performances, Mama Kin, Better with Robin, Dead Flowers, Shacklers etc... That'd not leave us wanting more.

Guest Gunns

It's not the best version of Estranged but it doesn't suck either.

Either that performance sucks or you suck. Your choice. :P

Cognitive dissonance. Look it up