The Alice fucking Cooper thread.

Towelie

he's opening for motley crue tomorrow night. ryan roxie is doing a free M+G with other members of alice's band. i want to see the raskins (newest member is ronnie simmons from the art, one of the best australian bands, and also features johnny martin from adler) but don't really like alice's stuff except school's out, i'm eighteen, no more mr. nice guy and that song he did with slash, along came a spider.

You'll regret it if you miss Alice.

well that's the thing, i'm going to have to see him because i refuse to miss the raskins :shrugs: i tried to listen to some of his songs but i just can't get into them

He's got his patches of greatness, obviously the group era was great once they found their sound. Nightmare was great, Goes To Hell was decent, and then... poof, he forgot how to music. From The Inside?!?, Dada?!?, Flush The Fashion?!? NO.

Then Desmond child wrote him some hits, and he was back with Trash, and from then on he's been more good than bad. I liked his Nu Metal era, his garage revival era, and the concept album Along Came A Spider. Wasn't crazy about Nightmare 2, but I didn't hate it. Having Orianthi in the band was a stroke of genius, she wasn't any better a player than some of the other guitarists he's had before, but it was a pretty notorious gimmick to have the girl who was Michael Jackson's guitarist in the band.

He's got his patches of greatness, obviously the group era was great once they found their sound. Nightmare was great, Goes To Hell was decent, and then... poof, he forgot how to music. From The Inside?!?, Dada?!?, Flush The Fashion?!? NO.

Then Desmond child wrote him some hits, and he was back with Trash, and from then on he's been more good than bad. I liked his Nu Metal era, his garage revival era, and the concept album Along Came A Spider. Wasn't crazy about Nightmare 2, but I didn't hate it. Having Orianthi in the band was a stroke of genius, she wasn't any better a player than some of the other guitarists he's had before, but it was a pretty notorious gimmick to have the girl who was Michael Jackson's guitarist in the band.

From The Inside is a great album :max:

From The Inside is a great album :max:

Axl's favorite lyricist wrote most of the songs and it's based on Alice's stay in the hospital when he was getting sober. It's one of his best post-classic lineup albums.

I just met Ryan Roxie and the hot girl in Alice 's band. Ryan laughed when i had him sign my copy of Ain't Life Grand and said i was an old school RR fan. Alice goes onstage in about 30 minutes

Nita Strauss is her name; when people were speculating on who should replace bbf I suggested her.

I just met Ryan Roxie and the hot girl in Alice 's band. Ryan laughed when i had him sign my copy of Ain't Life Grand and said i was an old school RR fan. Alice goes onstage in about 30 minutes

Did anyone do the M&G with Ryan besides Nita? I guess everyone in the band (besides Alice of course) does it from time to time. I met Chick when I went to it last year, and I know someone who met Tommy Henriksen at it once.