The Alice fucking Cooper thread.

Towelie

I bought Alice's live at Montreux album

Not one of his best live outings.

It's okay, but not amazing. Boring setlist. Theatre Of Death and Raise The Dead are much better.

I don't think he's topped Brutally Live in terms of spectacle recently. I'd say that, 'Good To See You Again' and 'The Nightmare Returns' were the most essential DVDs.

It's okay, but not amazing. Boring setlist. Theatre Of Death and Raise The Dead are much better.
I don't think he's topped Brutally Live in terms of spectacle recently. I'd say that, 'Good To See You Again' and 'The Nightmare Returns' were the most essential DVDs.
If we're talking DVD's then I'd agree (though I'd still add Theatre Of Death to that list). But wfa said he got the album, so I was strictly speaking audio on that last post. Musically, Brutally Live isn't one of my favorites. Great setlist, but I've never been a fan of the sound of that era, even if the songs are great. I like that rawer sound of the band since about Dirty Diamonds. Visually, I agree that Brutally Live is spectacular.

If we're talking DVD's then I'd agree (though I'd still add Theatre Of Death to that list). But wfa said he got the album, so I was strictly speaking audio on that last post. Musically, Brutally Live isn't one of my favorites. Great setlist, but I've never been a fan of the sound of that era, even if the songs are great. I like that rawer sound of the band since about Dirty Diamonds. Visually, I agree that Brutally Live is spectacular.
I thought he's on the raise the dead tour now? Is there a live album from it?

I thought he's on the raise the dead tour now? Is there a live album from it?
Yeah, just came out a couple weeks ago. It is his current tour, but it started over 2 years ago. Unlike most artists, Alice doesn't usually wait until he finishes a tour to put out a live release from it - the past few have come out during or preceding the last leg of the tour.

why not buy any of his studio albums instead? any studio album!

live albums are shit

The energy. You can't match it with studio releases. If you tell someone to get ANY studio album they might end up with Dada, From The Inside, Zipper Catches Skin, Flush The Fashion or Special Forces, and then Cooper is ruined for them forever.

live albums are shit

The energy. You can't match it with studio releases. If you tell someone to get ANY studio album they might end up with Dada, From The Inside, Zipper Catches Skin, Flush The Fashion or Special Forces, and then Cooper is ruined for them forever.

Wash your mouth out! Dada is a good album. Pass The Gun Around, Former Lee Warmer, Scarlet & Sheeba, Enough's Enough, I Love America. All great.

• Like 1

live albums are shit

For me, every studio album (by any band) is essential. Whether the album is a masterpiece or a piece of shit, you're getting the breadth of the artist's scope. After you make your way thru a studio discography, then maybe, maybe, listen to the "live" albums.

Live albums are just greatest hits albums with shitty piped in crowd noise. It's processed energy. Waste of money in my opinion and complete filler used to fulfill a contract in many cases.

Of course, there are some fantastic live albums but they are exceptions to the rule.

As far as those Coop albums go, I like em all aside from Special Forces. I don't like Trash or any album that followed it up until Dirty Diamonds. So everyone has their own tastes.

I love Pretties For You while some hate it, Then on the other hand, I don't really like School's Out

Edited by Sixes

I don't think Alice has ever put out a studio album that didn't have at least one or two great songs. Lace And Whiskey has the title track and 'My God', Zipper has 'I Better Be Good' and 'I'm Alive'. Special Forces has "Who do you think we are'. 'Pain' from 'Flush The Fashion' is amazing.

• Like 2

I don't think Alice has ever put out a studio album that didn't have at least one or two great songs. Lace And Whiskey has the title track and 'My God', Zipper has 'I Better Be Good' and 'I'm Alive'. Special Forces has "Who do you think we are'. 'Pain' from 'Flush The Fashion' is amazing.

Pain is one of the best solo tracks he's ever done.

I agree that even his rubbish albums have at least one great song on them, even "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" ( Be With You A While ) where for some reason he went Sum 41 or something (?)