Help me pick a new amp!

Hey everyone! This coming August- September I want to get a new amp. I want a tube amp that can handle gigs. I don't care about distortion too much, as I plan on buying a nice overdrive or distortion pedal to go with it.

I was thinking of a Fender Blues Deluxe, its in my price range (want to spend under 700), its 40 watts, and it sounded great with my Les Paul. Any other suggestions in that range? I play mostly blues and rock n' roll. The Deville was another option

I love Marshall, but could never get good sounds from them at low volumes. I just always thought they'd be "too much" for me with where my life is right now. The DSLs look cool though, its all tube right?

You have a point about Marshalls. I can only speak about my amp, JCM 900, but it doesn't sound good quiet. The louder it is, the better it sounds. Last Saturday I played a show on 3, fucking pissed me off. The bar owner "you guys are too loud, can you turn down?" I fucking hate that, like I said it was on 3. I didn't turn down btw....

The DSL is all tube. There is a clean/crunch channel that basically is a JCM800, and then the distorted channel adds slight digital distortion but that's it. More drive. When I play I typically use the crunch channel with full gain and use the lead channel as a boost pedal basically for leads. For the price I can't think of an amp that beats it.

Since you already have a pedal for distortion, I guess the OD doesn't mean much to you. Well, what do you prefer as your untouched natural tone? British, EL84 sounds or american/ 6L6 tones?

Blues players usually favor the tight low end and the cleaner sound of an american amp and Fender is known for building this kind of amp so well. The showman series are nice gigging blues amps that can handle some hard rock as well, so I think you got it right on your decision to get a Fender.

Brits, like Marshalls aren't bad for blues either, but I think A fender will take you close to what you seek.

How about a VOX AC30? Good Fender amps got some awesome clean tones. Research is good, but the bottom line is you just gotta check it out for yourself. Go to a music store and just try every amp you think will sound cool and test it with a guitar that's in the style of one you own. Good luck.

How about a VOX AC30? Good Fender amps got some awesome clean tones. Research is good, but the bottom line is you just gotta check it out for yourself. Go to a music store and just try every amp you think will sound cool and test it with a guitar that's in the style of one you own. Good luck.

I was going to suggest the AC30 as a good brit blues amp. Good call.

I was going to suggest the AC30 as a good brit blues amp. Good call.

If you got the cash, a mix of both will be ideal. :P

Since you already have a pedal for distortion, I guess the OD doesn't mean much to you. Well, what do you prefer as your untouched natural tone? British, EL84 sounds or american/ 6L6 tones?

Blues players usually favor the tight low end and the cleaner sound of an american amp and Fender is known for building this kind of amp so well. The showman series are nice gigging blues amps that can handle some hard rock as well, so I think you got it right on your decision to get a Fender.

Brits, like Marshalls aren't bad for blues either, but I think A fender will take you close to what you seek.

Sorry, I wasn't clear lol. I DONT have an OD pedal, I'd get a nice one to compliment the amp.

I do like the AC 30 as well as you guys were saying, but its almost 300 more than the Blues Deluxe Reissue

• 2 weeks later...