Wintersun Time II Update

bran

"Here´s the reality. TIME I & II and even couple of the next albums would have been out already, if I would have a studio. BUT I don´t have a studio. Studio is like an instrument of making music and I don´t have that instrument, so it´s pretty fucking hard to make albums, especially as complicated as the TIME albums are. TIME II is in good place mixwise, it´s sounding pretty damn spectacular, but there are still some difficult obstacles I´m battling with. Tuska Festival weekend is coming and I´m gonna get wasted! I´ve been working nonstop since January (and not just the TIME II, new material and there´s some other new things boiling under as well). So don´t come ask me at Tuska "when´s TIME II coming out?" hahah! Unless you buy me a beer! "- jari

this is from his facebook.

some bad news it seems, but still pretty cool he is working on new stuff while mixing time II.

yeah he is on nuclear blast. it sold 4,000 copies in a week in the US landing on the billboard charts at #109

finland it was #2, germany # 21 austria #33

it sold reasonably well for a melodic death metal album with 10+ minute songs :lol:

i was just hoping it would be out in time for christmas, but im not that optimistic. jari is the axl rose of metal it seems. unlike axl i have faith we will hear this stuff i just wish it wasnt in 8 year intervals.

Shit...

I remember when Time was supposed to be one fucking album. I appreciate what's going on here, but I'm not that patient when it comes to Wintersun, since their material is damn good.

yeah im definitely with you on that. it is kind of cool that he is working on new material while mixing it, it just sucks because like you said they are too damn good.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...