Your Slash favourites

Lio

Slash - Vocalise

One of my favorite Slash pieces and some of his best playing. It is from the Les Paul tribute album, and is Slash's guitar interpretation of Rachmaninoff's classical piece Vocalise. Slash doing classical, who'd have ever thought.

Slash - Streetchild

This is the solo he put down on Elan's Street Child. Totally mind blowing, and stands with his absolute best solos even from his GNR days. It's a shame in a way it was "wasted" on a somewhat obscure indy song, because it should be heard far and wide as his guitar is haunting and you can just feel the emotion in his playing.

• 1 month later...

My new favorites are Serial Killer and Neither Can I, both awesome songs. I have never heard of Rod Jackson, but I really love his voice.

I'm still discovering new ones, the only song that really disappointed up til now was Standing In The Sun. It does nothing for me. Been listening quite a lot to Slither too, By the Sword and Back and Forth Again, great songs. Not For Me is okay too.

I'll probably get laughed off the thread for this but I actually rather like Bad Rain (and the cheesy scooby do esqe video). It's one of the few songs that Myles sings that doesn't grate on me too much.

I haven't listened to that one very often. Will try it some more. It usually takes a few listens anyway.

You should check out the VR songs that aren't on the albums, like Messages and Come on, Come in. Great songs.

Will do. Thanks. Haven't checked out a lot by VR, so I definitely must look into that. My mind can only handle a few songs a time though :lol:

Snakepit:

Serial Killer, Jizz Da Pit, Neither Can I

VR:

Slither, Loving The Alien, Come On Come In

Solo:

Anastasia, Crucify The Dead, Sahara

Guest:

Always On The Run, Fix, Le Freak

Come On, Come In was interesting. I would have liked them to explore that direction. It had a cool vibe, and Scott's melodies really fit the music.

Edited by Rovim

My new favorites are Serial Killer and Neither Can I, both awesome songs. I have never heard of Rod Jackson, but I really love his voice.

Then do yourself a favor and listen to the whole Ain't Life Grand album. It's the best Slash has put out since GN'R. Love Rod Jackson's voice as well.

Bought it last week and put it in my car this morning, it's a banger! Great ballads on it as well and I don't even like ballads.

Thanks to the new layout of D&N, I started following some threads about Slash.

I loved him in GNR, but never followed him after he left. I like World of Fire, Anastasia and Fall to Pieces, but he has so many songs post GNR and that's why I'd like your input. What are your favourites ? It doesn't matter which era, Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, Myles... I would just like to get to know more of his music and it would be nice to know where to start. What would you recommend ? Thanks!

one of my favorite slash solos is the one on "street child", the song he did with elan :

Edited by supercool

Snakepit:

Serial Killer, Jizz Da Pit, Neither Can I

VR:

Slither, Loving The Alien, Come On Come In

Solo:

Anastasia, Crucify The Dead, Sahara

Guest:

Always On The Run, Fix, Le Freak

Come On, Come In was interesting. I would have liked them to explore that direction. It had a cool vibe, and Scott's melodies really fit the music.

Izzy wrote that song

Edited by Crash Diet