Tyrant

PITBOSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess we are the only two watching this? I guessed the sheik was gonna show up @ the last minute. Jamal seems a little too tamed down lately compared to the first few episodes. I guess if he goes too crazy barry would just bail and go back to the states.

you are right it will probably be cancelled, just by looking at a small percentage of people here and no one is watching or interested.

you think it's gonna be cancelled because people people are afraid to talk about the subject matter? I suspect it will be cancelled cause people aren't watching it, maybe a combo of both.

I think initially people aren't watching because they can't talk or watch it with other people. It may suck also. It's like reverse of Homeland but the lead is bland Im hoping he's going to be the Tyrant. It should have been you.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Ep 4 and it seems to be developing nicely. Embedded characters providing variety and the political situations that arise are interesting. The main character is like the western consciousness trying to reason with the traditional way of the thinking.

I'm sticking with it, it's been getting a little crazy we are up to episode 8 tonight? jamal is showing his true colors and barry is left to clean up the mess. we are watching a few shows right now but I like this one the best. hurry up and get caught up so we discuss the goings on.

I'll prob watch a few eps tonight. I like to mini binge at least. One ep a week is kind of hard.

I feel like its a topical show, it's looking inside why certain regimes are the way they are. Basically once you have blood on your hands there's no way back, it's all or nothing. So you see Jamal really weighing things up. His life depends on it, it's not like he retires to the after dinner speech circuit.

I have a feeling Barry will in the end get caught in the same trap as Jamal. He'll have committed too many crimes to back out but won't be able to effect much change. Like his Dad and the old guy Jamal killed in the toilet, Barry is the real Tyrant.

I wondered if barry was gonna turn out to be the real tyrant in the end. I don't think someone like barry could come in and singlehandedly sort out all the problems going on there. I do think he wants some revenge on his uncle for framing his dad for the gassing of all those people.

He might have gone in naively, he's sort of getting sucked in. He sees a glimmer to save his family name and his country, but every step forward is 2 steps back. It's just whether he ever really had any other idea. Sons of dictators are often sent to school overseas, grooming them for international politics. But it's probably just getting slowly into deeper and deeper shit. Personally I'd run like fuck. Head back to the US and grow mullet like DLR and live the dream.

• 2 weeks later...

ep 9 and they in deep shit. I can't understand why he'd put his family in such danger. The mentality is interesting though, we might all get killed, let's have lemon and wood sorbet, only the best!

Edited by wasted