Blink-182 vs The Sex Pistols

arnold layne

Blink 182 was better than people think. The album of the same name was great and they've always been a fun band to lsiten to.

Better than utter shite however still isn't saying much.

Technically, "amazing" is better than utter shite too. But ok, thanks for the input.
Blink 182 are shit though.

I love both. Blink's self titled was one of the first albums I loved as a teenager. Sex Pistols blew my mind when I was younger, I couldn't believe that they said "cunt" and "fuck this fuck that fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat" and "I am an antichrist." Sex pistols were one of the bands that made me want to play music.

Also as far as technical skill, only place where blink have a clear lead is with one of their singers and the drummer. Tom Delonge (guitarist and singer of blink) is actually pretty horrible. Steve Jones is an underrated guitar player.

But. I go with Blink because there's more to choose From and was the soundtrack to my formative years.

The Pistols were tight. I'd only say Paul Cook was a boring drummer.

What's funny is some of their best playing, Cook and Jones, was on Johnny Thunders' solo album in the late 70's "So Alone" where they even play on a song dissing the Sex Pistols.

But in all honesty they're not all that comparable. It's like comparing Avenged Sevenfold to Black Sabbath or Drake to NWA. Same genre broad terms but beyond that not much else. If you want to compare blink to a band from that era you could probably go with the Misfits (musically they were pretty pop punk) and a little later on the Descendents. Steve Jones had even admitted they considered themselves a rock band and got called punk later, he called the song "Problems" basically a Ted Nugent song musically but Lydon made it something unique.

Edited by TeeJay410

What's funny is some of their best playing, Cook and Jones, was on Johnny Thunders' solo album in the late 70's "So Alone" where they even play on a song dissing the Sex Pistols.

But in all honesty they're not all that comparable. It's like comparing Avenged Sevenfold to Black Sabbath or Drake to NWA. Same genre broad terms but beyond that not much else. If you want to compare blink to a band from that era you could probably go with the Misfits (musically they were pretty pop punk) and a little later on the Descendents. Steve Jones had even admitted they considered themselves a rock band and got called punk later, he called the song "Problems" basically a Ted Nugent song musically but Lydon made it something unique.

I definitely agree with that last bit. You take Lydon out and Nevermind the Bollocks has more in common with say Appetite albeit with one guitar, as opposed to most other punk.

tumblr_m1to9nbij41qd0wseo1_500.jpg

Those homos would look like they were covered in jizz.

I definitely agree with that last bit. You take Lydon out and Nevermind the Bollocks has more in common with say Appetite albeit with one guitar, as opposed to most other punk.

tumblr_m1to9nbij41qd0wseo1_500.jpg

Those homos would look like they were covered in jizz.

Didn't think they know Peter North.

• 1 year later...