Pink Floyd-The Endless River OUT NOW!

RussTCB

I believe so, coma

The only one I found was the Spotify one but you have to have an account for it (lame). If you happen to come across one can you please be kind enough to send it over? I'm just a casual Floyd fan so I don't plan on spending about $40 on the LP before giving it a taste.

My favorite tracks are Sum and Skins. Love Masons drumming on them.

I just finished the first LP. Liked everything on it but LOVED Skins.

Is it (legally) streaming online for free today? I'd like to give it a listen and then decide.

It's on 2 LPs and honestly who wants to bother with all that :P

• Like 1

Is it (legally) streaming online for free today? I'd like to give it a listen and then decide.

It's on 2 LPs and honestly who wants to bother with all that :P

It's not only 48 minutes and on a 2LP is it???

Yes 53 minutes and on 2 LPs.

• Like 1

I just got home and am checking the Blu Ray out. I am on the first of the bonus tracks on the audio portion, TBS9. Loving it so far. I understand why some people aren't into this album but it is exactly what I needed. With the whole breakup with my gal and being lonely in a new town, it is just wonderful to have this surprise album of music that can just "take me away". I meant every word in my review and this is a special release for me.

Glad to hear you are liking it, btw, Russ! Looking forward to your whole assesment.

Thank you Dave, Nick, Rick, Roger, and Syd for everything you have done!

Hey! I am looking for where I saw it streaming. Hopefully I'll let you know soon!

EDIT- Awesome bonus tracks! Nervana is very unusual for Dave! Looks like there are a few other unheard pieces on the visual portion

EDIT 2- Coma, looks like it is through spotify- http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/11/stream-pink-floyds-new-album-the-endless-river/

Idk if you have to make an account there

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

...and being lonely in a new town...

Did I miss something? You were in Lansing right? Where'd you move to? (Just curious btw, not really any of my business lol).

I'm going to give this a second and hopefully third listen today. By way of a long story, I wasn't able to focus on it like I wanted to yesterday. I totally heard some of the things you were talking about though. There were tracks reminicent of Echoes, Saucerful and Machine from what I remember.

The next comment is going to sound like such a FloydSnob, but I really think this album is going over a lot of peoples heads. The critics seem to be mistaking the short track lengths for throw off tracks which I think couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, I applaud the guts to do that and get a lot more ideas on the record. I like that better than stretching out one particular groove just for the sake of making it 5+ minutes.

There were tracks reminicent of Echoes, Saucerful and Machine from what I remember.

Am I the only one hearing a lot of stuff that reminded me of Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt 6-9 as well? Not really the guitar, but definitely the keyboards.

Edited by username

There were tracks reminicent of Echoes, Saucerful and Machine from what I remember.

Am I the only one hearing a lot of stuff that reminded me of Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt 6-9 as well? Not really the guitar, but definitely the keyboards.

I'll listen for that later today. I think the keys in the latter half of Shine On are crazy under rated, so I'd be all for anything close to that.

Did I miss something? You were in Lansing right? Where'd you move to? (Just curious btw, not really any of my business lol).

I'm going to give this a second and hopefully third listen today. By way of a long story, I wasn't able to focus on it like I wanted to yesterday. I totally heard some of the things you were talking about though. There were tracks reminicent of Echoes, Saucerful and Machine from what I remember.

The next comment is going to sound like such a FloydSnob, but I really think this album is going over a lot of peoples heads. The critics seem to be mistaking the short track lengths for throw off tracks which I think couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, I applaud the guts to do that and get a lot more ideas on the record. I like that better than stretching out one particular groove just for the sake of making it 5+ minutes.

Yeah i moved to bay city for a job and my gf and i split. Rough time!

Was hoping you'd moved somewhere closer to me, but you're 2 hours away. Bummer.

Was hoping you'd moved somewhere closer to me, but you're 2 hours away. Bummer.

Where do you live, Russ?

If you ever would want to go to a bar or do something on a weekend I'd be down. I basically travel 1-2 hours every weekend anyways to visit family and friends.

Where do you live, Russ?

If you ever would want to go to a bar or do something on a weekend I'd be down. I basically travel 1-2 hours every weekend anyways to visit family and friends.

I'm down near Livonia. Right at 96 & Inkster.

Oh no shit, I'm down there all the time. I have family in Northville and Novi

Where do you live, Russ?

Right on man. Well, we do our music night thing every Friday and you're welcome to join any time. 800 LPs, beers, music listening and discussion, etc.

Where do you live, Russ?

Right on man. Well, we do our music night thing every Friday and you're welcome to join any time. 800 LPs, beers, music listening and discussion, etc.

Awesome, I'd love to some time! I have some vinyl but no player so I'd love to bring some down. Although I'm sure you'd have a lot of the same albums

Where do you live, Russ?

Awesome, I'd love to some time! I have some vinyl but no player so I'd love to bring some down. Although I'm sure you'd have a lot of the same albums

Maybe, maybe not. I have a pretty diverse collection, but you'd be surprised by what I don't have lol.

Back on the Floyd topic:

After 3 listens, I'm all in. I wouldn't say it's their best since The Wall, but I'd say it's their best since The Final Cut.