Pink Floyd-The Endless River OUT NOW!

RussTCB

Polly Samson (Gilmours wife) tweeted that a new Floyd record called The Endless River is coming out this fall. It's apparently based around the last work Richard Wright did during The Division Bell sessions.

I'm filing it under "I'll Believe It When I See It" for now, but I'd love for it to be true.

this would be awesome.

The more I poke around the Internet, the more this is looking to be true.

Holy. Shit.

yeah same, the back up singer durga Mcbroom hudson pretty much confirmed it.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/pink-floyd-endless-river-news/

Yep. I went to her fb page to view the post. Several people asked for clarification and she replied a couple times saying it's definitely a new Pink Floyd album!

No Roger Waters I believe.

Yeah, I'm guessing he won't be playing on it for several reasons.

Still stoked about it either way since I love The Division Bell so much.

Was just kidding. I don't know much about them other than the classics.

I hear ya. I was only replying as such because that's a common argument.

I recently listened to A Momentary Lapse of Reason and liked it FAR less than I used to. The Division Bell however has grown on me more and more over time. That's what I'm most excited about with this new Floyd record; the fact that it sounds like most or all of it is coming from those sessions.

I hope waters helped with the sessions!

This is incredible news

Me too, just to have him on there. But honestly, we all know Waters' most valued contributions are writing, themes and lyrics. That's where he shines the most. But it'd still be nice to have him on it.

will remain cautiously optimistic, but it's hard for me to get my hopes up too much i guess. would definitely be more hyped up if waters were involved. still pretty cool, though!

i think one band that could stage a cool comeback would be led zep, but it's probably a good thing that plant was so adamant about not reuniting. i could see them doing a quality album but sometimes it's good to know when to walk away.

don't mean to get off topic, though.

• Like 1

I hope this ends up being a great thing. Waters is the one who has been wanting a reunion lately while David wants to step away from Floyd. I hope they at least reached out to Roger about this.

Still, this could be excellent and I am just beyond excited. This is like Chinese Democracy levels of excitement if they actually have recorded new things to create legit songs.