Pink Floyd-The Endless River OUT NOW!

RussTCB

This should be interesting, I really like The Division Bell so I am sure this would be cool

I hope they tour, even without Rogers I would love to see PF, Pulse is such a great live album

I saw both nights in Detroit on The Division Bell Tour. I'd take another tour in a heartbeat.

This should be interesting, I really like The Division Bell so I am sure this would be cool

I hope they tour, even without Rogers I would love to see PF, Pulse is such a great live album

I saw both nights in Detroit on The Division Bell Tour. I'd take another tour in a heartbeat.
Dude nice!! I have some boots from that tour and it sounded like it was some good stuff. Even without Waters and Wright I think that a tour would be so badass

This has potential to be really good or really awful.

Hopefully they utilize modern techniques of art and psychedelic music instead of just trying to rehash what they used to do. The worst thing an artist can do is base new material on old sessions. It never works.

I don't want old sounding music with modern production. I want new music from musicians that still have creative inspiration.

This has potential to be really good or really awful.

Hopefully they utilize modern techniques of art and psychedelic music instead of just trying to rehash what they used to do. The worst thing an artist can do is base new material on old sessions. It never works.

I don't want old sounding music with modern production. I want new music from musicians that still have creative inspiration.

Have you heard the album Gilmour did with The Orb?

Should be pretty safe I think, just going off Gilmour's On An Island I doubt it will be a disgrace or anything.

Dude nice!! I have some boots from that tour and it sounded like it was some good stuff. Even without Waters and Wright I think that a tour would be so badass

Yep, I was there July 14 & 15, 1994 and both nights were amazing. The second night was even more incridible for 2 reasons. One being that I had 4th row, center for that show. The second reason being that they played the entire Dark Side of the Moon that night for the first time in 19 years. I still can't believe I got to see that in person. After that night, they did it every night for the rest of the tour and of course included it on Pulse. Being there for that first time was amazing though.

So it's basically just an album of Division Bell outtakes?

I'm down with it!

Same here.

• Like 2

You fuck! I was 3 during the Division Bell Tour :(

I saw Roger perform The Wall a few years ago and it was amazing, I'd love a final Floyd tour as well. Heck, I just want to at least see Gilmour!

I saw Roger perform The Wall a few years ago and it was amazing, I'd love a final Floyd tour as well. Heck, I just want to at least see Gilmour!

I might as well pile it on now... lol........here's me meeting Roger prior to the concert you're talking about:

8x51lw.jpg

dfeiro.jpg

No Roger Waters I believe.

No Waters, then it's not Pink Floyd.

The Watersless Floyd stuff is ok, but it's just not Pink Floyd to me. It's like saying Contraband was the next gnr album.....

What's wrong with you people??...

You would really except a Wright and Waters less Pink Floyd as Pink Floyd? That's like Adler and Slash calling themselves gnr. If Waters will tour as Pink Floyd with Gilmour, then I'd accept it, but no Waters, no deals....

TDB is my favorite album by PF and High Hopes my favorite song. Having an album based on that and with a name that was part of HH's lyrics would be great, at least for me.

This post fails on so many levels....

Edited by Mike420

The Watersless Floyd stuff is ok, but it's just not Pink Floyd to me. It's like saying Contraband was the next gnr album.....

You would really except a Wright and Waters less Pink Floyd as Pink Floyd? That's like Adler and Slash calling themselves gnr. If Waters will tour as Pink Floyd with Gilmour, then I'd accept it, but no Waters, no deals....

TDB is my favorite album by PF and High Hopes my favorite song. Having an album based on that and with a name that was part of HH's lyrics would be great, at least for me.

Wait. What? Someone can't like The Division Bell the most, enjoy High Hopes and be excited about more material from those sessions? That's a fail? I guess I just don't understand that.

As previously mentioned, I've seen Floyd without Waters twice and I've seen Waters without Floyd around 6-7 times. Each and every show was amazing for different reasons. I didn't feel the need to get caught up in who should be called what. When I was watching Dave, Rick & Nick play through the entire DSoTM, I wasn't concerned with what name was on the cover of their latest album nor the name on my ticket. Same thing with when they were playing newer, non-Roger cuts like What Do You Want From Me and Sorrow. I've never seen the need to get involved in the whole "It's not (this band) without (that guy)!" thing.

I might as well pile it on now... lol........here's me meeting Roger prior to the concert you're talking about:

8x51lw.jpg

dfeiro.jpg

Dude, that is awesome. Was it just a freak occurrence? And I loved that show. Cool we were at the same show. Did you prefer The Wall tour or Pink Floyd with the Division Bell?

Pink Floyd existed before Gilmour, and it existed after Waters. You may not like it but it happened! There is a ton of great material on A Momentary Lapse and Division Bell, and the tours were awesome. TDB may not be close to my personal favorite Floyd album, but High Hopes is a fantastic song. Not surprised if someone likes that one best.

And its great we had Live 8 and The Wall in London in 2010 for some nice send offs. A new album from old sessions is a fantastic idea if the material is strong. This won't just an old unfinished piece, it seems that they are actively finishing it with guitar and vocals.

• Like 1

8x51lw.jpg

dfeiro.jpg

Dude, that is awesome. Was it just a freak occurrence? And I loved that show. Cool we were at the same show. Did you prefer The Wall tour or Pink Floyd with the Division Bell?

I do field marketing for a living, so I scheduled myself around JLA that day on the off chance that I'd catch him. I drove by the back of JLA around 2pm or so, pulled up and asked the security guard if there was any chance he could tell me when Roger would arrive so I could meet him. He laughed and said "Mannnnnn... you know I can't tell you that kinda stuff". I said "Yeah, I hear ya. But it never hurts to ask!" and we both laughed again. I started to pull away and realized how hot it was and that the guard was wearing all black, so I backed up and said "Hey, do you need a water or Coke or something? It's hot out here and I could at least go grab you something". He laughed and said "Yeah right. A Coke would be nice!". So I ran to a party store, grabbed him a couple of Cokes and came back. He was shocked :) He said "Look. He'll be here right about 4:30 according to the schedule. I can't guarantee he'll stop for you, but you can try".

So I came back at 4:15 and just shot the shit with the guard for a while. He got the radio call at about 5 saying Roger was coming. He called back on the radio and said "Is he in the mood to stop? There's a cool fan here that really wants to meet him" he didn't get an answer, but a couple minutes later the SUVs rolled by, one stopped, down came the window and sure as fuck.... there's Roger Waters! I talked to him for a couple minutes, got my autograph, thanked the shit out of the guard and took off! I was literally shaking on the drive all the way back from JLA to Livonia!

As for the two shows.... it's kinda hard to say. If I were comparing a "regular Division Bell Tour" show to Roger's Wall Tour, there would be no contest. Everything about The Wall was superior. HOWEVER, that second Silverdome show gets the edge due to historical significance. Standing in 4th row while they play the Dark Side for the first time in 19 years was quite a sight to behold!

8x51lw.jpg

dfeiro.jpg

I do field marketing for a living, so I scheduled myself around JLA that day on the off chance that I'd catch him. I drove by the back of JLA around 2pm or so, pulled up and asked the security guard if there was any chance he could tell me when Roger would arrive so I could meet him. He laughed and said "Mannnnnn... you know I can't tell you that kinda stuff". I said "Yeah, I hear ya. But it never hurts to ask!" and we both laughed again. I started to pull away and realized how hot it was and that the guard was wearing all black, so I backed up and said "Hey, do you need a water or Coke or something? It's hot out here and I could at least go grab you something". He laughed and said "Yeah right. A Coke would be nice!". So I ran to a party store, grabbed him a couple of Cokes and came back. He was shocked :) He said "Look. He'll be here right about 4:30 according to the schedule. I can't guarantee he'll stop for you, but you can try".

So I came back at 4:15 and just shot the shit with the guard for a while. He got the radio call at about 5 saying Roger was coming. He called back on the radio and said "Is he in the mood to stop? There's a cool fan here that really wants to meet him" he didn't get an answer, but a couple minutes later the SUVs rolled by, one stopped, down came the window and sure as fuck.... there's Roger Waters! I talked to him for a couple minutes, got my autograph, thanked the shit out of the guard and took off! I was literally shaking on the drive all the way back from JLA to Livonia!

As for the two shows.... it's kinda hard to say. If I were comparing a "regular Division Bell Tour" show to Roger's Wall Tour, there would be no contest. Everything about The Wall was superior. HOWEVER, that second Silverdome show gets the edge due to historical significance. Standing in 4th row while they play the Dark Side for the first time in 19 years was quite a sight to behold!

That's a great story. I'm just glad I got to see him perform the Wall and see it with all the effects. If you told me 5 years ago that would happen I would never believe it.

And I know we are GNR fans and get hung up on things like band names, but I have stopped caring. We are in 2014, everyone is old. Just seeing an old legend perform the songs we love is a blessing. It won't be like this in 10-20 years. Is current GNR really GNR, of course not. But, who cares?

Jimmy cracked a joke this weekend saying he should just perform as Led Zeppelin. Obviously, he wouldn't do that and that would not be Led Zeppelin. But, I'd just be thrilled to see him play so whatever. The old legacies of all these guys will always be intact. I'm psyched to see Queen next week and Freddie is dead and John is retired. It isn't the same as in the 70s or 80s but its the best I have, and I am thrilled I have these opportunities.

Sorry guys, I just plain don't agree with your logic. Like I said, the post Waters Pink Floyd stuff is very average imo. Yes High Hopes is a good song, but as a whole those albums don't work imo. Yes they have good songs here and there, but Floyd was always known for their ALBUMS, not songs.

I'm just very much on the Waters side in this debate, that's how I feel. Was Waters a dick? Yes. Honestly I think Waters and Axl have a lot in common. Axl probably learned from the Pink Floyd fiasco, that's why he got the name to gnr. He wasn't going to let them kick him out. Which I can understand that train of thought.

I'm sorry if this offends or bothers some of you, but I'm not going to get excited about leftover songs from a medicore era. Especially when Pink Floyd's best writer isn't involved in the process. After everything that's happened, Wright dying, and finally having Gilmour and Waters become civil again, I just can not support a Wright and Waters less Pink Floyd, I just can't do it. It just feels wrong. I also feel it is a dickish move on Gilmour's part, to even attempt this. The only way to ressurect Pink Floyd is with Waters and Gilmour back together, anything else is just a cash grab imo, and lessening a great legacy.

As far as some of the other bands you guys mentioned, Queen and whomever else, they are all dead imo. Queen died with Freddie Mercury. If you want to go and see Adam Lambert prace around singing Freddie's songs, then good for you. But I'm not giving that shit show one penny. Queen with Paul Rodgers was almost as bad, but at least it had some sort of nostalgia type feel to it. IDK what the point of this Lambert deal is, it just screams CASH GRAB again. Many people on here give NUgnr/Axl shit for this, so why accept it from other musicians. Queen died in 1990, this BS should not even have the Queen name attached to it. It should be Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Adam Lambert. Not Queen w/ Adam Lambert. That's a fail imo...

Again these are all just my opinions, if you don't agree, that's fine, to each their own. But honestly you can't deny that my reasoning isn't solid....

Sorry guys, I just plain don't agree with your logic. Like I said, the post Waters Pink Floyd stuff is very average imo. Yes High Hopes is a good song, but as a whole those albums don't work imo. Yes they have good songs here and there, but Floyd was always known for their ALBUMS, not songs.

I'm just very much on the Waters side in this debate, that's how I feel. Was Waters a dick? Yes. Honestly I think Waters and Axl have a lot in common. Axl probably learned from the Pink Floyd fiasco, that's why he got the name to gnr. He wasn't going to let them kick him out. Which I can understand that train of thought.

I'm sorry if this offends or bothers some of you, but I'm not going to get excited about leftover songs from a medicore era. Especially when Pink Floyd's best writer isn't involved in the process. After everything that's happened, Wright dying, and finally having Gilmour and Waters become civil again, I just can not support a Wright and Waters less Pink Floyd, I just can't do it. It just feels wrong. I also feel it is a dickish move on Gilmour's part, to even attempt this. The only way to ressurect Pink Floyd is with Waters and Gilmour back together, anything else is just a cash grab imo, and lessening a great legacy.

As far as some of the other bands you guys mentioned, Queen and whomever else, they are all dead imo. Queen died with Freddie Mercury. If you want to go and see Adam Lambert prace around singing Freddie's songs, then good for you. But I'm not giving that shit show one penny. Queen with Paul Rodgers was almost as bad, but at least it had some sort of nostalgia type feel to it. IDK what the point of this Lambert deal is, it just screams CASH GRAB again. Many people on here give NUgnr/Axl shit for this, so why accept it from other musicians. Queen died in 1990, this BS should not even have the Queen name attached to it. It should be Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Adam Lambert. Not Queen w/ Adam Lambert. That's a fail imo...

Again these are all just my opinions, if you don't agree, that's fine, to each their own. But honestly you can't deny that my reasoning isn't solid....

I'ts not Wright-less and it's not new writing. It's old outtakes.

When Rick passed, the family said there were some unreleased songs he had, I don't know if David also worked on those as well. I know they're unrelated to these songs.

To me this is nothing more than David finding some songs Rick had worked on while he'd been putting together The Division Bell for the 20th, so it's more of a companion to that album than a new Floyd album. I also don't think there was that much excitement about the re-release.

Momentary Lapse is a Gilmour solo album with session musicians under the PInk Floyd name, but Division Bell was a band album.

As far as Roger goes - he's owned up to making a lot of mistakes, one of them being how he ended Pink Floyd instead of making it a band decision and try to end it with a big tour and something more upbeat than Final Cut. I still wish they patched it up a couple of years before The Division Bell and Amused to Death.

In August 1987 Pink Floyd started rehearsing in a hangar at Pearson Airport in Toronto for the new tour. The local anticipation buzz was phenomenal!

They played 3 Toronto shows in Sep. '87 at the C.N.E. stadium (full stadium), we camped out on the sidewalk overnight to get tickets.

Some people lined up for days.

I was at all 3 Toronto shows. It was my first opportunity to see anything Floyd related and it was an event to remember, for sure!

The stadium sound was quite good, very clear!

Edited by Zint