Pink Floyd-The Endless River OUT NOW!

RussTCB

Sorry guys, I just plain don't agree with your logic. Like I said, the post Waters Pink Floyd stuff is very average imo. Yes High Hopes is a good song, but as a whole those albums don't work imo. Yes they have good songs here and there, but Floyd was always known for their ALBUMS, not songs.

I'm just very much on the Waters side in this debate, that's how I feel. Was Waters a dick? Yes. Honestly I think Waters and Axl have a lot in common. Axl probably learned from the Pink Floyd fiasco, that's why he got the name to gnr. He wasn't going to let them kick him out. Which I can understand that train of thought.

I'm sorry if this offends or bothers some of you, but I'm not going to get excited about leftover songs from a medicore era. Especially when Pink Floyd's best writer isn't involved in the process. After everything that's happened, Wright dying, and finally having Gilmour and Waters become civil again, I just can not support a Wright and Waters less Pink Floyd, I just can't do it. It just feels wrong. I also feel it is a dickish move on Gilmour's part, to even attempt this. The only way to ressurect Pink Floyd is with Waters and Gilmour back together, anything else is just a cash grab imo, and lessening a great legacy.

As far as some of the other bands you guys mentioned, Queen and whomever else, they are all dead imo. Queen died with Freddie Mercury. If you want to go and see Adam Lambert prace around singing Freddie's songs, then good for you. But I'm not giving that shit show one penny. Queen with Paul Rodgers was almost as bad, but at least it had some sort of nostalgia type feel to it. IDK what the point of this Lambert deal is, it just screams CASH GRAB again. Many people on here give NUgnr/Axl shit for this, so why accept it from other musicians. Queen died in 1990, this BS should not even have the Queen name attached to it. It should be Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Adam Lambert. Not Queen w/ Adam Lambert. That's a fail imo...

Again these are all just my opinions, if you don't agree, that's fine, to each their own. But honestly you can't deny that my reasoning isn't solid....

I hear ya man and I didn't mean for my reaction to come across as hostile. Trust me when I tell ya, I hear what you're saying. I myself am VERY much in Rogers camp. Amused To Death is one of my favorite albums of all time and I think it DESTROYS The Division Bell. However, I have always viewed the Water-less Floyd to still be a legit Floyd for some reason.

you never know what is floating around in terms of unreleased stuff. a lot of bands lose track of master tapes and everything else. some stuff has been found in barns and basements, so you never know a syd tape might show up one day.

I saw Roger perform The Wall a few years ago and it was amazing, I'd love a final Floyd tour as well. Heck, I just want to at least see Gilmour!

I saw The Wall in 2011, something I never dreamed would happen.

Unreal.

Edited by DR DOOM

This is great news! Huge Floyd fan so really excited by this. For anyone expecting a tour, it won't happen, a Floyd 'reunion' without Rick would be wrong anyway IMO. Having said that, Gilmour has a new solo record out next year so if he decides to tour that I imagine some of the songs from The Endless River may make an appearance plus I wouldn't be surprised if Nick guests at some shows. Have to say though, don't know how I feel about Floyd's swansong being without Roger, I thought it was fitting that the last major Floyd event was Live 8 with all of them (bar Syd obviously) there. After Live 8, Nick touring with Roger in 06/07 and David guesting at Waters' Wall show in London in 2010 seems like a bit of a step backwards to exclude him. Still, can't wait!

Edited by BassistSeb

Hmmmm, would have hoped for the announcement by now

And that track list was posted on Neptune pink Floyd.could be fake but seems legit

Floyd posted on fb about today being the anniversary of Syd passing, but that's all I've seen thus far. I saw some fake cover art today as well.

any pics from the recording sessions?

David-Gilmour-New-Album-Studio.jpg

Hmmmm, would have hoped for the announcement by now

And that track list was posted on Neptune pink Floyd.could be fake but seems legit

Floyd posted on fb about today being the anniversary of Syd passing, but that's all I've seen thus far. I saw some fake cover art today as well.

Hopefully they'll announce it soon. The cat's out of the bag, so might as well just say what "The Endless River" actually is.

Fresh from the Pink Floyd fb page:

Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album "The Endless River" in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the Summer.

So there are new recordings then?

I wonder how much will be newly recorded and how much will be kept from the 90s, if anything.

I'm guessing 50/50

Ambient and instrumental... meh, sounds like that track list was fake.

I still hope this is awesome

I would imagine it's going to be. With the re-issue of The Division Bell, I fell in love again or morseso with tracks like Cluster One and Marooned, so I'm very much looking forward to this.

I try to look at it as disc 2 from a Division Bell bonus edition. Makes more sense that way. It also makes sense that Rog isn't involved. It would have been cool, but from what I gather it's just instrumental music he wasn't involved in in the first place. So it wouldn't make sense for him just to re-record basslines he hasn't written anyway (either Dave or Guy Pratt probably has).

Will definitely buy it without thinking twice though.

love ambient and instrumental music so this sounds great to me. also here is some additional info.

“The recording did start during The Division Bell sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled ‘The Big Spliff’ that [Pink Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about),” she explained. “Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them. That’s the song you see being worked on in the photo.” She also added that the album consists entirely of “unreleased songs.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/