SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Slash is really in a great position right now. If the "reunion" is a disaster, Axl stands to lose a whole lot more than Slash or any of the other members. We all know that Slash can still kick ass live and his playing will definitely not be a risk or a weak link for the reunion show(s). But if Axl is out of shape, out of breath, can't sing for shit, shows up 2 hours late, or has a mental meltdown and goes into one of his childish rants...that could make this whole reunion more of an embarrassment than anything else. If so, Slash just returns to what he was doing with MK&TC...nothing really lost.

Slash has always been in the best position. Unless he causes the downfall of this reunion, which there is .00001% of happening, he comes away unscathed. The press says Axl just couldn't keep it together, sounded horrible, started up with his same old crap, and they say about Slash he tried to go back but it wasn't his fault, he played amazing, Slash has more music coming out in the fall! He stands absolutely nothing to lose and never has, and he's so well liked that there's nothing he can do to be badmouthed if this all falls apart. For all intents and purposes, he's along for the ride just to see if this works.

Slash is really in a great position right now. If the "reunion" is a disaster, Axl stands to lose a whole lot more than Slash or any of the other members. We all know that Slash can still kick ass live and his playing will definitely not be a risk or a weak link for the reunion show(s). But if Axl is out of shape, out of breath, can't sing for shit, shows up 2 hours late, or has a mental meltdown and goes into one of his childish rants...that could make this whole reunion more of an embarrassment than anything else. If so, Slash just returns to what he was doing with MK&TC...nothing really lost.

Slash has always been in the best position. Unless he causes the downfall of this reunion, which there is .00001% of happening, he comes away unscathed. The press says Axl just couldn't keep it together, sounded horrible, started up with his same old crap, and they say about Slash he tried to go back but it wasn't his fault, he played amazing, Slash has more music coming out in the fall! He stands absolutely nothing to lose and never has, and he's so well liked that there's nothing he can do to be badmouthed if this all falls apart. For all intents and purposes, he's along for the ride just to see if this works.

If you're referring to the next SMK&C album as Slash's new music, it won't be out in the fall. Alter Bridge will be. Myles will be with AB this year.

Tbh, the reunion is a bit like when Rihanna went back to Chris Brown. Well I hope it works out for Slash, but if not, there is SMKC.

I already miss this stable fucking band that puts out kick ass music. If GNR implodes, this'll be the first time in a very long time I've been disappointed in Slash for a decision.

Oh well, see ya next year Slash and Myles Kennedy and Todd Kerns and Frank Sidoris and Brent Fitz. You guys will sincerely be sorely sorely missed for your professionalism.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I miss these guys too.  Hopefully they'll get guest spots during the Gn'R tour.  They deserve it and I think Axl would not have a problem with it.  Myles was always more than respectful towards him.

Conspirators, we wait patiently for the next album and tour.  We still love you.  :heart:

9 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

The Conspirators opening for GNR with Slash pulling double-duty would be pretty cool, even if a bit masturbatory.

And they have more than enough own material to fill the set without GNR songs.

I still would like to here GNR do Anastasia during this tour. That would be awesome!

Edited by Free Bird

• 2 weeks later...

Oh menn!! I fucking miss Slash & Myles Kennedy and Conspirators! I saw them twice last year. First time was in Helsinki, May 2015 and later I happened to see them in Prague.

Prague gig hast to be my all time best gig I've ever been! True and raw rock n roll concert with cheap Budweiser pints, in third row center stage. Oh man what a great time. Slash was on time and there was no bullshit. Only great music. I want to share you a video of mine from that Prague 2015 gig. Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say.  By then, he's going to have four solo albums in the 2010s to choose from.  Enough stuff along with some VR songs and with the absolute must GNR songs (Paradise City and SCOM).  I just hope by then he can retire Rocket Queen.

Edited by Anguyen92

That's a hard one.

Will he draw as many people as he did in his last tour without GNR tunes? 

The Conspirators and Slash have enough of their own songs that people wanna hear at their shows, but most likely the audience'll be dissapointed completely without GNR songs in the set list. 

Hardcore fans will be happy to hear more deep cuts from Snakepit, VR or even from the self-titled but the casual fan will not. Haha