SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Still I'm amazed from the show yesterday. The new songs live are killer. Even WOF.

They get almost as much applause as the Guns classics. People went crazy. At least the guys around me.

The man's created classics with every band he played in. And this band is a blast on stage. Musically wise. And this is what it's all about, isn't it? I personally don't need a big pyro show or other show effects. I'm there for the music and this guys delivered it every time I saw them.

It was a lot of fun!

Just came back from Amsterdam. Thought the show was alright. Easily the best setlist of the shows I've seen over the years, yet a 20 minute version of Rocket Queen with Slash pointlessly noodling around kind of ruined it for me. He just doesn't seem to be as focussed as he was several years ago.

Just came back from Amsterdam. Thought the show was alright. Easily the best setlist of the shows I've seen over the years, yet a 20 minute version of Rocket Queen with Slash pointlessly noodling around kind of ruined it for me. He just doesn't seem to be as focussed as he was several years ago.

I fucking prey they play Double Talkin' Jive in Brussels. One of my fave GNR songs!

Edited by The Black

The Rocket Queen solo could be about 5 minutes shorter. I remember really digging the blues solo before Anastasia in 2012, and of course bringing back The Godfather solo in 2010 was great.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that's actually kinda disappointed? I've never liked DTJ that much, and there's so much more off of UYI that's far better IMO, and what about some Snakepit?

If they asked me which songs from the UYIs I would like to see them perform, DTJ is on the bottom of my list. I can't complain when they perform new old material, though.

That guitar sound in DTJ is just powerful as fuck and the video has shit quality.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Am I the only one that's actually kinda disappointed? I've never liked DTJ that much, and there's so much more off of UYI that's far better IMO, and what about some Snakepit?

They do play quite a few Snakepit songs. I'm struggling to think of any other UYI songs I want to hear that are feasible (I can't see the Conspirators playing Locomotive or Coma any time soon). Civil War was great in 2010, hopefully they rotate it in and out again. We've got YCBM which I wasn't expecting before this year. Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up would be neat.

^^ Maybe they just do a keyboard backing track or something? I heard Fitz is a decent keyboard player, but then who will fill for drums?

If it's the same tech they've had since 2010 he definitely could. When Todd went home with the detached retina Fitz played bass and the tech played drums.

They do play quite a few Snakepit songs. I'm struggling to think of any other UYI songs I want to hear that are feasible (I can't see the Conspirators playing Locomotive or Coma any time soon). Civil War was great in 2010, hopefully they rotate it in and out again. We've got YCBM which I wasn't expecting before this year. Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up would be neat.

Well, I didn't mean Just Like Anything (which I must have heard 6 times live from Slash), Mean Bone, or Speed Parade. How about Landslide? Dime Store Rock? Neither Can I? Back And Forth Again? And he never played Serial Killer in my area :( .

As far as UYI to tap into: Bad Obsession, Don't Damn Me, Right Next Door to Hell, Back off Bitch, Dead Horse, Get In The Ring.........80% of the people who go to Slash's shows would know any of those songs.

Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up would be neat.

Could these songs be played without keyboards?

Yes.

I like Back Off Bitch, but I get the feeling everyone but Axl was embarrassed by that song. Dead Horse is an "Axl" song in my eyes like November Rain. I do really like Don't Damn Me but I excluded it because I think those lyrics would kill any lead singer trying to attempt them.

Get in the Ring? In 2014/5? :lol: Would be amusing to see who Slash would choose to rant about...

I find Right Next Door to Hell really boring. To me it seems like it tried to out-Jungle Jungle and failed miserably (WTTJ was great when I saw Slash in 2012 btw).

I'm not a huge Snakepit fan but I guess Neither Can I wouldn't be bad. I'm glad I got Mean Bone because it's one of the few I like (Beggars & Hangers-On was great in 2010 as well).

Personally, I can't really complain about the setlists, I got 6 songs swapped out in 2 nights in Paris, including a live premiere or two. Hope he changes it up again for London next week!

1. Ghost
  2. Mean Bone
  3. Nightrain
  4. Dirty Little Thing
  5. Back from Cali
  6. Beggars & Hangers-On
  7. Civil War
  8. Rocket Queen
  9. Fall to Pieces
  10. Sucker Train Blues
  11. Nothing to Say
  12. Starlight
  13. Watch This
  14. Sweet Child O' Mine
  15. Slither
  16. Paradise City
  17. Standing in the Sun
  18. Halo
  19. Mr. Brownstone
  20. Just Like Anything
  21. No More Heroes
  22. Carolina
  23. We're All Gonna Die
  24. Out Ta Get Me
  25. Doctor Alibi
  26. Anastasia
  27. You're a Lie
  28. Welcome to the Jungle
  29. Avalon
  30. Automatic Overdrive
  31. You Could Be Mine
  32. Wicked Stone
  33. Beneath the Savage Sun
  34. Bent to Fly
  35. World on Fire
  36. Stone Blind
  37. Shadow Life
  38. You're Crazy

38 unique songs from Slash's career in 4 shows I have been to in 4 years (not including Alter Bridge's Rise Today, Zeppelin's Communication Breakdown, and The Godfather solo). For an act that isn't Pearl Jam or Springsteen or a jam band, and who has a lot of fans who want to turn up just to hear the handful of GNR hits, that's pretty good going.

I've been to 13 Axl shows in that same time, I've heard:

AFD

1. WTTJ

2. ISE

3. Nightrain

4. Brownstone

5. PC

6. My Michelle

7. SCOM

8. Rocket Queen

Lies

9. You're Crazy

10. Patience

UYI I

11. LALD (I'll count it as a "GNR song" at this point)

12. Don't Cry

13. November Rain

UYI II

14. Civil War

15. 14 Years

16. KOHD (again, it's almost a GNR song at this stage/in its performance)

17. Estranged

18. YCBM

ChiDem

19. CD

20. Shackler's

21. Better

22. SOD

23. Catcher

24. Sorry

25. I.R.S.

26. Madagascar

27. TIL

I've excluded Dead Flowers, The Seeker, Nice Boys, Attitude, etc. If I'd gone to Vegas instead of Buenos Aires, I would have heard Yesterdays, TWAT and Prostitute, but not My Michelle. Still, that's only about 30 songs in 13 shows. Now, granted, I don't expect that Slash number to go up massively by London, but overall you can see more deviation in the setlist between GNR and Slash.

Obviously Axl's GNR has the expectations of more GNR songs to be played, and Slash has had a more extensive career, so it's not an entirely fair comparison, but the odds of me hearing TWAT in 13 shows should have been better (obviously I'm a bit bitter about that :P ).

I'm not that big on Slash's solo career so there's about 9/10 songs from those gigs that I'm not fussed about having heard (mostly Snakepit, VR and AL songs, I really like the new album, though), and from the Axl shows it's only been SOD which has bored me from the first show (though some of the others have been a slog recently, though I put that down to a lesser performance from Axl than GNR fatigue on my part :P ). Still, I really appreciate what Slash does for his fans in terms of setlists, wish Axl had pulled out TWAT and Prostitute just once or twice at the shows I've attended.

EDIT: Just did a count of ChiDem songs I've heard vs. World on Fire songs: 9 ChiDem : 8 World On Fire songs. And that's from just 2 shows in support of the latter album.

Edited by Amir

Not that passion in there he used to have back in the day but still great. One of my favorite GNR live tunes. Way better than the studio version

The set up he used during the UYI tour was a monstrosity, without that, and Duff's bass tone, DTJ lacks a lot of its power. It's a great performance, still.

As for the "passion", he quit booze and drugs. That's the passion he's missing. :lol:

• Like 1