NBA offseason Thread

So since the last nba thread was sopposed to be for the playoffs I'm going to make a new one for everything Involving the NBA offseason.

This is turning out to be one of the most exciting offseasons of all time so let's get to talking!

Nba summer league in Orlando taking place. I don't have my NBA tv anymore so I've only seen Afew highlights. Seems my boy from Philly Nerlons Noel had a very solid showing In his first game (19 points and i don't remember the other stats). Rookie heat pg Shabaz Napier had what looked like by his stats a really bad night (I think he missed like his first 10 shots and ended with like 8 turnovers. He even got crossed pretty nasty in a video I saw lol.

According to espn recently mello is seriously considering LA only way I buy it if they can convince him they will get Add more pieces to the roster. Kobe even if he can stay healthy and mello arnt winning the West by themselves next year.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/485980252381130752

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/485980989676859392

I'm kind of hoping Melo ends up with the Lakers. Just want to see how the team functions with both him and Kobe.

Was just about to talk about these big big news coming soon a lot of moving pieces right now. I'm hoping bosh goes to Houston lebron back to Cleveland and mello to la

Cleveland has the talent to be an instant contender if they get LeBron. But the front office and coaching is an issue. While I have seriously doubted LeBron would ever go back to fan Gilbert, Ohio is his home. He lives in Akron during the off season. As he gets older that may be what's most important.

Cleveland has the talent to be an instant contender if they get LeBron. But the front office and coaching is an issue. While I have seriously doubted LeBron would ever go back to fan Gilbert, Ohio is his home. He lives in Akron during the off season. As he gets older that may be what's most important.

All true he would I'm sure he would love to be looked in his home town as a hero again and at least get them one ring. Honestly who wouldn't. The cavs would be contenders for years if he went back to Cleveland. They could beat anyone in the east for sure. And lebron would Finnally have a point guard which can play with guys like tony Parkers and Derek roses of the world so he wouldn't have to guard them and play point forward so much. There's a reason he has cramped out of games he exerts so much energy on both sides of the court. The cavs could beat anyone in the east next year with bron bar mello going to the bulls and D Rose being MVP level again after not playing 2 years which in my mind is highly unlikely.

As with la I hope they get mello I think he's a solid pickup for them. But he's not bringing them a ring anytime soon alone. Kobe is not going to be the mamba again if he' can even last the whole year. If he gets hurt again Kobe retires I think he always said he didn't want to be an aging vet who couldn't play. So even if he's healthy the 5 would be Nash Kobe mello gasol (if they get him) and plug in a center. That's just not good enough in the west to win again okc spurs or even the clips and Dallas and golden state and blazers might beat them. Nash is not going to be healthy let's face it he's done (it's hard for me to say he was once on of my fav player), Kobe is in my mind if healthy only going to be above average and not amazing anymore, gasol is past his prime. Mello would carry the team to the playoffs but first round exit I see in that teams future.

Now if somehow la gets mello and can get another piece like Kevin love in a sign n trade they can maybe compete but I just don't see it happening.

Apparently the spurs have interest in pau gasol and he a little to them. If he goes and is healthy ring up another championship run for the spurs. He fits perfectly. One of the best passing big man in the league and he can hit afew jumpers. It's basically an upgrade to splitter. Duncan/gasoli would be such a killer front court in pops system. I think gasol would shine again under pops and have his best year in along time.

I doubt LeBron goes to Cleveland unless there's serious promise of them grabbing another piece. However, they have 3 first round picks next season, their first rounder this year is no slouch, LeBron to Cleveland could be big. They just need a big man to rebound.

As I said Cleveland is easily the best place for LeBron to go. The whole "redemption" storyline, a young team, etc.

They might not win the championship next year, but a lineup with Kyrie at PG, Wiggins at SG and LeBron at SF? Good luck topping the talent of those 3.

Somewhat related, but I'm excited for the first summer league game for the Bucks...because it's against the Cavs. #1 and #2 going against each other in their first game.

as this offseason has gone on, the lebron situation has made less and less sense to me. all i hear is how they have it all figured out and all that, yet how is riley supposed to know how much he has to spend, and as a free agent how are you going to commit to anything when bosh,wade, and lebron has yet to sign, it makes no sense to do it this way.

earlier tonight a cleveland(radio host or writer) posted on twitter how lebron was leaning on "coming home" and gilbert's plane landed in miami. according to this guy dan gilbert sent his plane with zydrunas illgauskas down to miami to talk with lebron and that lebron "trusts zydrunas"
so i dont know if this is one of the places chris broussard is getting some info from or what.
now it is also being reported that the rockets are ramping up their efforts to sign chrish bosh. so a lot of stuff going on, we will see soon enough i guess.

brian windhorst is reporting that lebron is meeting face to face with pat riley in the next few days.. lebron james is also going to meet face to face with other teams this week as well. why would you have a "meeting" with other teams when you already had an agreement in place?

windhorst on sportscenter said that the meeting will not be a pitch meeting for riley, but for lebron to tell riley his decision "face to face"

i3PTVm.gif

Edited by bran

The ideal for the Lakers is getting LeBron plus Melo and retaining Gasol. That would be a hell of a starting 5.

lol they can't even fit that. Kobe's contract is so fucking bad. All the Lakers could realistically hope for is Melo, and the combination of Melo with Kobe's contract would basically guarantee mediocrity for the Lakers for the next two years. After his contract finally comes off the books, you just have 32/33 year old Melo as a building block, and whatever Randle turns into by his third year in the league. Lakers would be wise to just blow it up and suck for the next few years.

Right now the vibe I'm getting from this off-season is that nobody knows shit about what's going to happen, probably because the players don't know what they're doing yet. I think the smartest moves for the players would be for Melo to go to Chicago (they instantly become the best team in the East and would almost definitely make the Finals), LeBron to Phoenix (they instantly become the best team in the league, and it'd be fun seeing that team compete in the West), and Bosh to Houston (PF is one of their weaker spots and I still think Bosh has a lot to offer; that team would be a contender). I don't know what Wade would do. He'd probably just go back to Miami and Miami would be mediocre. In this scenario, the East becomes significantly worse than it already was, which is a horrifying thought. Chicago and Indiana would be the only two teams in the East that would be capable of making the playoffs if they were in the West.

Rockets apparently offering bosh nearly max money . That's a lot for bosh but you gotta like how the rockets go after what they want full force. I think he fits great on that team and I'm sure it would take a huge deal to get him away from lebron.

If I were him I would take that deal, I mean it's a perfect fit for him. He's only 30 years old and he is way more capable than what he displayed at Miami( since Dwade and LBJ took the shots) in Houston it would be him and Harden. Plus add Howard as the defensive anchor, it's perfect.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm hoping bosh grows some balls and takes the money and runs. He doesn't owe lebron Miami anything and he should know for damn sure lebron is going to do what lebron wants and is not going to take less money for him so why not leave. These guys need to stop waiting on lebron and take there futures into their own hands. I'd applaud bosh for growing a pair if he went to Houston. I liked bosh in Toronto and would root for him again in Houston. In Miami I despise him :P

Yeah I'm hoping bosh grows some balls and takes the money and runs. He doesn't owe lebron Miami anything and he should know for damn sure lebron is going to do what lebron wants and is not going to take less money for him so why not leave. These guys need to stop waiting on lebron and take there futures into their own hands. I'd applaud bosh for growing a pair if he went to Houston. I liked bosh in Toronto and would root for him again in Houston. In Miami I despise him :P

definitely agree. bosh to me really gets the worst of the whole big three thing in miami. people forget what he was in toronto.

I don't want to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. I'd be happy for their fans but Dan Gilbert acted like a fucking buffoon when he left and doesn't deserve to have him back. That was just a shameful display he put on back then. I'd love to see him in Phoenix. I guess Cleveland would be okay since Cavs fans deserve something but I just really don't like that organization. They've been failures and they have nobody to blame but their own selves.

Josh mcroberts and Danny granger to the heat. I like granger and they got him for pennies so that's not bad. I've never liked mcroberts to much. There advertising him as one of the best passing big men in the league. 4 assists pg which is solid. But he's trash on D and averaged 8 points per game for the bobcats which is not good. He's a bench player and these two signings will not impress lebron at all. Looks like Riley is grasping as watever he can get.

If bosh takes his money and heads to rockets I think lebron is definitely gone unless k love or mello joins him in Miami.

Josh mcroberts and Danny granger to the heat. I like granger and they got him for pennies so that's not bad. I've never liked mcroberts to much. There advertising him as one of the best passing big men in the league. 4 assists pg which is solid. But he's trash on D and averaged 8 points per game for the bobcats which is not good. He's a bench player and these two signings will not impress lebron at all. Looks like Riley is grasping as watever he can get.

If bosh takes his money and heads to rockets I think lebron is definitely gone unless k love or mello joins him in Miami.

yeah i would agree. granger has fallen off quite a bit in the last 3 years as well. i just dont see how this makes the heat any better even if all three comeback. there defense will still suck, wades knees are still a problem. lebron has to be looking around and thinking about this stuff.

I don't want to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. I'd be happy for their fans but Dan Gilbert acted like a fucking buffoon when he left and doesn't deserve to have him back. That was just a shameful display he put on back then. I'd love to see him in Phoenix. I guess Cleveland would be okay since Cavs fans deserve something but I just really don't like that organization. They've been failures and they have nobody to blame but their own selves.

It makes sense that Lebron would go back to Cleveland.......until remembering how hatefilled Gilbert was when Lebron left. That has got to bother Lebron.

Miami is just picking up spare parts now, I don't know how appealing that is going to be for him.

Has there been any rumors about Cleveland making a trade for Love? They have three first round picks next season. Would a package of those three picks and a young player be enough to get Love? Adding Lebron and Love to their roster and they might be the best team in basketball.

The boring/sad thing is going to be if everybody just goes home. Big Three stay in Miami. Mello resigns with NY. Love doesn't get traded. Rondo stays a Celtic. It could end up being the biggest anti-climatic off season ever.

If that happens, then where do the other teams go? Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles? Phoenix and Cleveland can keep building for another year. But the texas teams, LA and Chicago all need something to boost their teams.

It makes sense that Lebron would go back to Cleveland.......until remembering how hatefilled Gilbert was when Lebron left. That has got to bother Lebron.

Miami is just picking up spare parts now, I don't know how appealing that is going to be for him.

Has there been any rumors about Cleveland making a trade for Love? They have three first round picks next season. Would a package of those three picks and a young player be enough to get Love? Adding Lebron and Love to their roster and they might be the best team in basketball.

The boring/sad thing is going to be if everybody just goes home. Big Three stay in Miami. Mello resigns with NY. Love doesn't get traded. Rondo stays a Celtic. It could end up being the biggest anti-climatic off season ever.

If that happens, then where do the other teams go? Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles? Phoenix and Cleveland can keep building for another year. But the texas teams, LA and Chicago all need something to boost their teams.

I really hope that doesn't happen but there's a decent chance it will. Mello is leaving a lot of money by not taking the ny deal so I don't think he leaves unless it's too an immediate contender for a ring, which would be the bulls, but they don't have the cap space to offer him max money so I don't see that happening. If bosh stays then Miami stays in tact.

A very big free agent which is being forgotten behind all the stars is lance Stevenson. He's young, athletic, one of the best guards in the league and he's getting better every year. He can make Afew teams a lot better. Also luo deng is a guy I like. He's not great offensively but he's a great defender and if he's your third or 4th scoring option he can rly do some damage. Pau gasol who is past his prime could also make a lot of teams better. Okc is really after him and they are smart too. Great passer and he will be there post up presence which they have been lacking for so long (ibaka is a jump shooter). Id be very scared of that team if they got gasol.

A very big free agent which is being forgotten behind all the stars is lance Stevenson. He's young, athletic, one of the best guards in the league and he's getting better every year. He can make Afew teams a lot better.

Haven't heard them mentioned with him recently, but hoping Charlotte picks him up. Just moved, so would be nice to get a consistent Bearcat basketball fix if Born Ready is in town. Have heard Boston, Dallas, and the Lakers mentioned the most with him though.

LeBron expected to meet with Riley tomorrow. And, Milwaukee signed Parker to his rookie deal today.

Edited by ronaldo9

Just woke up and saw this on espn. It's on now Cleveland is all in. If lebron doesn't come back go Cleveland now I'm might actually feel bad for Cleveland lol. If he teases then with his return which he is doing and doesn't return he will never be able to recover his reputation in Cleveland.

They are also after mike miller and Ray Allen. Two guys which lebron values highly. For good reason too. Both guys are smart veterans who on any given night can get hot, very solid additions when healthy coming off the bench. And both are three point shooters which have won him rings.

Edit: horrible grammar. need coffee. :|

Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1