NBA offseason Thread

Kevin Love will apparently be heading to Cleveland once Wiggins is eligible to be traded: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/04/anthony-bennett-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-philadelphia

Sounds like it'll be Love to Cleveland, Wiggins and Thaddeus Young to Minnesota, Bennett to Philadelphia, and some draft picks involved as well.

I have a hard time seeing a better starting 5 anywhere else. What's scary is that LeBron no longer has to be the point Gaurd and the power forward at the same time. Now, he can just score. I wouldn't be shocked to see his ppg go up and his rebounds and assists drop a bit.

I like the deal - for both clubs.

Love is a great passer. That's one thing people sometimes don't talk about in terms of what makes a great team. Those Bulls teams with Michael Jordan and the Lakers were so great and a LOT of the reason was because of the Triangle offense (thank you Tex) . Why don't more teams use it then? Because you have to have extremely intelligent (basketball wise) players who can effectively pass/move the ball around. You have to be able to read defenses and make proper decisions on where to pass the ball. Love is a great passing big man.

Wiggins has the potential to be a super star. But he is still a young kid who only played one year of college ball. About 50% of top 7 picks over the past 5 years have been busts. Bennett was one of the worst first round picks in NBA history last year (statistically speaking).....but he was injured, had some mental issues and was out of shape. All reports have him doing 100% better this off season - injury free, in shape, got his sleeping issues figured out. So potentially - he could end up being a good player.

This trade was a no-brainer for both teams.

Cleveland doesn't lose a starter and picks up one of the ten best players in the NBA.

Minnesota gets a potential superstar to build their club around, another young stud who could be really good, and another first round pick.

• Like 1

Yeah I think it's a solid deal both ways. I just didn't want the cavs to do it. I was looking forward to seeing lebron play with developing guys like wiggins waiters and Bennett, (waiters is still on the squad atleast) would have been cool to see what these guys games would he like with a really good pg and lebron who definitely makes other players better. I think they are better this season with love but I think the team pre trade had a really bright future if wiggins panned out. Like you said Bennett was looking a lot better and it showed in summer league. I think with k love this year they should be favored to head to the finals. But their defense will get exposed against a western conference team In the finals and they will lose.