NBA offseason Thread

So Mello is staying in NY.

They are going to be mediocre again next year. And then will try and "build" a championship team by bringing in a couple big name free agents.

Gotta think that Mello just went for the money with this deal.

Wow, kinda suprised by this. But NY is his home. I would of thought Chicago would of been too good to turn down. Edited by Mike420

The only thing that i would be thinking about of I was mello and I chose to stay In my is that if I can get NY even just one championship I'll be a hero in Ny forever. They've been mediocre for so long and ny loves basketball so if him and phill can pull it off they town would go wild. It worked for kg and Paul pierce, they only got one ring but after that they are now "Celtic legends" lol.

They are going to be mediocre again next year. And then will try and "build" a championship team by bringing in a couple big name free agents.

Wow, kinda suprised by this. But NY is his home. I would of thought Chicago would of been too good to turn down.

Do you give him credit for staying "home" and not leaving.........or do you think he doesn't care about titles and just stayed for the Max contract and because he knows he can be the "star" for the team, regardless if they win or not. He'll get to jack up 25 shots every game and not have to share the spotlight?

I liked the Mavs giving Parsons a contract offer. He would be a really great player for them, imo.

Wow, kinda suprised by this. But NY is his home. I would of thought Chicago would of been too good to turn down.

Do you give him credit for staying "home" and not leaving.........or do you think he doesn't care about titles and just stayed for the Max contract and because he knows he can be the "star" for the team, regardless if they win or not. He'll get to jack up 25 shots every game and not have to share the spotlight?

I liked the Mavs giving Parsons a contract offer. He would be a really great player for them, imo.

With Mello I think its both the money and playing in front of your "home" fans. Obviously the money is a big factor, but I wouldn't say its the only factor. Didn't Carmello grow up a knicks fan? I know if I was a pro athlete I would rather play for Detroit teams than any other franchises. If a "to good to be true" offer came down the pipe, than I would have to leave. But I guess as far as Mello is concerned, the Bulls were not to good to be true. I'm not sure Mello made the right choice. He very well might have just gambled away any chance at a ring, but he is getting paid. Lots of great/ hall of fame players never won a ring, Carmello might be this generations Ewing, Malone, Barkley, etc.

There's no way I would have went to the bulls with the offer they could give mello it was like 4 and 77 mill or somthing not even max money which I think is 4 and like 95. When I could get a max guaranteed contact for 125 for 5 years. That's a lot of money he is literally just turning down. I for sure would take nothing less then a max deal he's only got this contract and one more and that next one he will be around 35 so that's not forsure a max deal. This may be his last chance to get a max deal. Let's be honest this is these guys jobs and they only can do this for a relatively short period of time.

• Like 1

Honestly the heat arnt that good of a team without lebron anymore that's why he's considering his options. Look at the rest of the squad they truly have no one.

Shabazz.jpg

Lol you know this guy won a lot, played a long college career, and hit some big shots.. Hmm remind you of anyone??

Mario chalmers 2.0!!!

I'm other news Greg popovich signed a multi year deal today! Expect the spurs to be a strong team for years to come, business as usual.

O and I never mentioned but this is old news. Patty and Boris are back both signed deals. And I really like the kid they got from ucla he's big can pass the basketball like crazy and just looks like a guy pops would love.

I'm so optimistic about our (the Sixers') future but it is scary that it's such a "wait and see" approach so we don't have much tangible to satisfy us yet. I've been very happy with what Noel has shown in Summer League, though. I know it's just Summer League but he's been a beast on defense and has shown much better form in his jumper than we've seen before, so his ceiling could be even higher than previously believed. I also love the idea of him roaming around on defense altering shots on both the perimeter and around the rim with Embiid anchoring the paint.

All I want to see from MCW this year is an improved jump shot. It was pretty brutal this past season.

We'll probably be a Top 3 pick again this year. I think next off-season is where we begin to make moves in free agency and the such that push us towards the playoffs. I could see us target some younger free agents to add to our core and bench, like Alec Burks, Iman Shumpert, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Tristan Thompson, and whoever else.

Klay Thomson would be awesome I've said this team needs a pure scorer now. MCW is not a scorer rly Noel and embiid are not going to be crazy offensive skilled players ether. Put a guy like klay and some shooters on this team now and you got a very formidable team.

Hold up isn't your nfl team the packers or am I thinking of another poster?!?!? Cuz if it is that's crazy I'm a sixers/packers fan lol!

Nah I'm a Colts fan.

My only real complaint with Lebron is in how long he is taking to make his decision. There are a host of teams and players that are waiting and are basically stuck until he announces his choice.

Mavs put an offer to Parsons, which puts the Rockets in a tough spot. If they don't get Bosh I'd think they would love to bring Parsons back. But they can't match the Mavs deal now as it would cut into their available money for Bosh. Great move by the Mavs to get the ball rolling and to make teams start making choices and taking risks. If they lose Parsons and don't get Bosh, what does Houston do? Ariza? If I was the Mavs I'd go after another one of the available free agents that are waiting around for Lebron's choice.

What if Houston gets tired of waiting and matches the offer for Parsons and then picks up another B-level free agent. And then Lebron decides to go to Cleveland and Mello stays in NY. Then what does Bosh do? Now the Lakers or Heat don't really have to offer him a Max deal. If I was Bosh I might just say to hell with it and take Houston's deal so I didn't end up getting screwed in the end.

All of us can look at the team's rosters, their coaching staff, their owners, location, how much money they can offer - and see where the best spots would be. Surely Lebron and his "team" have over analyzed every team to death.

Lebron - make your choice so the rest of the NBA can move forward!!!

The one thing I some what feel bad for Lebron about is that no matter what decision he makes, people will be pissed. He has been toying with Cleveland (because of the Cavs making a great offer, not Lebron's fault this time) that if he doesn't go back, it'll be 2010 all over again. Perhaps not as bad, but I bet still a backlash. But if he does go back to Cleveland all of his Miami fans will turn on him. So he is literally damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But he did put himself in this boat because he left Cleveland to begin with (even though going to Miami did work out very well for him). What do you all hope he does? I personally wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Cleveland, finish out his career there. I think they will get one or maybe two rings eventually. If he stays in Miami I only see this team winning maybe 1 more, perhaps next season. Unless they make some crazy moves, trade Wade for Kevin Love and keep Bosh. I am honestly starting to think Wade is the weakest link. Yes Bosh has his weaknesses, but he helps spread the floor, which is perfect for Lebron. Miami really needs an upgrade at at least one guard position, and a big thats going to play defense and grab boards.

Even though Dan Gilbert said some pretty shitty things about him, that Pat Riley rant was pretty shitty imo also. Did anyone see this? He basically said "don't be a coward, don't turn and run home." "He also said if we are going to talk rings, we can throw them all on the table" (basically saying I have more than you do Lebron). I'm paraphrasing, but he was very matter of fact and sorta called him out.

Edited by Mike420

The one thing I some what feel bad for Lebron about is that no matter what decision he makes, people will be pissed. He has been toying with Cleveland (because of the Cavs making a great offer, not Lebron's fault this time) that if he doesn't go back, it'll be 2010 all over again. Perhaps not as bad, but I bet still a backlash. But if he does go back to Cleveland all of his Miami fans will turn on him. So he is literally damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But he did put himself in this boat because he left Cleveland to begin with (even though going to Miami did work out very well for him). What do you all hope he does? I personally wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Cleveland, finish out his career there. I think they will get one or maybe two rings eventually. If he stays in Miami I only see this team winning maybe 1 more, perhaps next season. Unless they make some crazy moves, trade Wade for Kevin Love and keep Bosh. I am honestly starting to think Wade is the weakest link. Yes Bosh has his weaknesses, but he helps spread the floor, which is perfect for Lebron. Miami really needs an upgrade at at least one guard position, and a big thats going to play defense and grab boards.

Even though Dan Gilbert said some pretty shitty things about him, that Pat Riley rant was pretty shitty imo also. Did anyone see this? He basically said "don't be a coward, don't turn and run home." "He also said if we are going to talk rings, we can throw them all on the table" (basically saying I have more than you do Lebron). I'm paraphrasing, but he was very matter of fact and sorta called him out.

Riley's comments just reminded me of how arrogant he has always been.

I'd like to see Lebron go back and finish his career in Cleveland.

I don't mind free agency at all. But I think it is better for a player to spend the majority of his career with one team. Two teams is fine. But when you jump around to 4-5 different teams.......it just doesn't seem right.

If Clev lands Lebron and can trade for Love - aren't they the favorites to win an NBA title next year? Or a sign and trade for Bosh? Cleveland is loaded with young talent and with first round picks the next few years. They are in a good position to trade for a veteran star.

Even if Cleveland lands Lebron and makes a trade for a guy like Love, I still wouldn't put them as the favorites to win it all, maybe the east, but not the whole thing. As a unit they are unproven. I might still have Indiana as the best in the east. Other than Lebron and sideshow bob (thats what I call Varijow, however thats spelled), they don't have any other players that have done anything in the playoffs. Even if they manage to get miller and allen, I still would have to see it first. It just usually takes some time for players to get a hang of the whole playoff atmosphere. Even a player as good as Irving, we don't know how he's going to repond in the BIG moments. So for next year, possibly 2 I don't see the cavs as legit title contenders. Once they get some seasoning, watch out. But not immediatly. For now they would only go as far as Lebron can literally carry them, which could very easily be the NBA Finals. But once they get there, any number of west teams would beat them imo. Keep in mind, this is my prediction for a Cavs team with Lebron, sideshow bob, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and the rest of their young pieces. If they don't get Love, I don't see them coming out of the east. But if they do get all those guys, thats a pretty good starting 5, with miller and allen sharing 2 guard roles. I could see that team coming out of the east, but OKC, SA, Dal, and a Rockets with Bosh would beat them imo.

I agree that the cavs with bron would lose to a team in the west but in the east they would be the top contender. The pacers honestly don't have enough offense. Paul George will get Ded up by bron hibbert is inconsistent as can be, and they are going to lose Stephenson. Who is going to score for that team? George hill and d west? Not enough to beat a lebron team. Best chance out there to beat lebron is the wizards. Gortat is probably top center in the east, wall Is great and improving, and beal showed promise last year. They might lose Ariza though who played really good. Exp was there downfall last year and probably will be this year but we will see. I won't count the bulls untill D rose actually plays some basketball

One point in LeBron's decision that seems to have been glossed over is how upset LeBron is with Mickey Arison. Arison essentially did the same thing Gilbert did, and took LeBron's talent for granted. Arison didn't make the same financial sacrifice that LeBron did to come to Miami when putting together the team this season. Without LeBron, the heat were a 6 or 7 seed this season. LeBron put up Jordan-esque averages in the finals, but when your point guards are mario Chalmers and Norris coke and your centers are *insert power forward playing out of position* and Greg oden, it's not a championship formula. Arison didn't support LeBron the same way LeBron supported the Heat. The fact the Heat left that meeting without a committment from LeBron is a bad sign. All reports said that the Heat expected to walk out hand in hand with LeBron, but there's speculation that the Heat did not do enough to convince LeBron anything will be different this season, and that Pat Riley's act has worn thin on LeBron, in particular LeBron didn't take kindly to Pat Riley calling him out.

• Like 1

One point in LeBron's decision that seems to have been glossed over is how upset LeBron is with Mickey Arison. Arison essentially did the same thing Gilbert did, and took LeBron's talent for granted. Arison didn't make the same financial sacrifice that LeBron did to come to Miami when putting together the team this season. Without LeBron, the heat were a 6 or 7 seed this season. LeBron put up Jordan-esque averages in the finals, but when your point guards are mario Chalmers and Norris coke and your centers are *insert power forward playing out of position* and Greg oden, it's not a championship formula. Arison didn't support LeBron the same way LeBron supported the Heat. The fact the Heat left that meeting without a committment from LeBron is a bad sign. All reports said that the Heat expected to walk out hand in hand with LeBron, but there's speculation that the Heat did not do enough to convince LeBron anything will be different this season, and that Pat Riley's act has worn thin on LeBron, in particular LeBron didn't take kindly to Pat Riley calling him out.

Good points. I'm sure lebron looks at the heat and sees no room for improvement only to ether stay the same or get worse. And if they stay the same that's another season of lebron working his ass off untill his body literally gives out on him (cramp game lol). Nappier doesn't make you better Danny granger and mcdaniels don't make you better. Wade one year older, how many games can he play this year? It was 55 last year and he was gassed by the end of the playoffs. Bosh will be bosh. Ray is brought back is older. Battier is gone. This team is just not getting Better then last years. Unless by some miracle mello comes to town. The cavs have tons of possibilities next year and in the future. They have room to trade some guys now and plenty of pieces and picks to do it.

One interesting fact to keep your mind busy until Lebron starts the chain reaction...........without looking it up, can you tell me who is the third highest paid NBA player right now? One hint......he isn't playing anymore. Sitting at home and collecting 22 million per year. This is what he said about it

"The NBA says I get 20-something (million) this year?" he asked to the world at large. "I stopped keeping track."

As it stands according to reports, LeBron's biggest issue with the Cavs is Dan Gilbert's letter. According to ESPN's Chris Broussard's sources the deal would have been done already if it weren't for that.

However, there is more and more coming out about LeBron's disenchantment with the Miami Heat organization. Everything from a lack of the same sort of financial sacrifice from Mickey Arison that LeBron made to come to Cleveland, the Heat amnestying Mike Miller, his mom not getting media passes, and in particular not being told this season that Dwyane Wade wouldn't be in a game until they get to the court and Wade is in a suit. Lastly Riley's post season press conference made LeBron furious, after Riley indirectly but directly told LeBron to "man up" particularly after a finals where LeBron was the only man on the court for the Heat. It was a power play by Riley against the second most powerful player in the history of the league, and it may backfire. Fans pay to see LeBron dunk, not to see Pat Riley smirk in the stands.

Edited by TeeJay410

Wow I guess it's official, he's going back to Cleveland. Still don't like him though. Jump ship to win championships and now go back to your origin. Can't see how fans can accept this really, I remember the season directly after he left the Cavs and joined the Heat. They had to play the Cavs in Cleveland.... so much security and the stadium ringed of boos every time his face was shown or touched the ball. People thought he might get killed.

He's a selfish MFer and at this point just wants to play for stats and the money. Fuck him.