Have you ever been fired? Do you think you deserved it?

arnold layne

Yes, and on the fence.

I was working in a grocery store and they decided to put me and one other guy on full time night shift whether we liked it or not. No care for our personal lives. So I went and got another job going store to store for Pepsi. Kept the grocery store job as a once or twice a week job for extra pay. Pepsi did my 4 weeks of training 5 shifts a week, and on my days off I worked at the grocery store. Training finishes, Pepsi cuts me down to 2 shifts a week, and it continued for almost a month. Nothing changed, grocery store offered me full time hours, so I told Pepsi what 2 days I would work since that's all they were giving me. They didn't like that, stopped scheduling me, manager avoided my phone calls and inquiries. Finally I get a letter in the mail saying I was fired without reason. Best part was it was dated mid may, I didn't get it till the end of June.

Did I deserve it? Depends. Guess it is kinda douchey to tell an employer what 2 days of the week I'm gunna work, but as a part time employee I feel I'm entitled to that. Depends who you ask I guess.

Nah never, but I quit my last job in fulfilling fashion though. I got so fed up at the end of the week, after another 70 hr week. We were so busy during the summer in the distribution center to the point where us Supervisors weren't even taking lunch breaks. Week after week this was going on, we were all losing weight because of so much sweating and no food. I told my manager one day that I was hungry as hell and i'm going to eat. Now. Dude replied, "Are you really hungry?" Like seriously, what kind of fucking question is that??? And I snapped. I said, you know what, i'm fucking starving, I think i'm going to take a permanent lunch break. I fucking quit. Good luck training these 4 new guys upstairs without me in crunch time while i'm sitting at home relaxing.

After this happened, 6 others followed me out the door days after. Couldn't take it.

Now i'm a Supervisor elsewhere, making more money. One of the best job decisions i've ever made.

• Like 2

Yes & Yes. I was fired from my first job at the age of 16 for getting into a fist fight with another co-worker. A mid 20ish bitch that did not like me and for what reason I've never

figured out. I had confronted her about rumors she was spreading around about me and nicely asked her why she felt the need to do so. She replied " because I can".

I questioned her some more and decided to take the high road but when she started mocking me, what I was saying I lost it.

Thinking I was some bad ass teenage bitch which I wasn't, I shoved her into the wall, held her there and said " This is now over and you owe me an apology, bitch ". I turned around to walk off but

made a stupid rookie mistake ( it was my first fight ) and heard her yell " Hey Sheri! ", I turned around and got socked right in the nose. She broke my nose and I broke her jaw just about and

gave her a pretty black eye. Two of the adult managers there both in their late 40s and both men jumped into the fray and it took a bit for them to separate us. After we were broken up,

our manager came up to me and said I was fired and to vacate the premises immediately. Oh, and by the way it was all caught on the security cameras too. Because, it happened at work the company was

made to pay for any surgery I may need on my nose. Because I was Deaf and the girl ended up mocking me right before I blew a gasket, my parents used it against the company for them to pay my medical bills, and nose surgery I'd need to fix it. I ended up having plastic surgery since she busted it pretty good. Basically, bullying was used as a hostile environment, harassment case and that is on the girls record for life, employment record. She'll have to admit a Deaf girl beat her ass because she bullied the deaf person. In the end I won the fight.

My parents were on vacation when this happened so my big brother picked me up. He asked to see my nose, pointed to the blood spatter on my hat and gave me a big thumbs up. He was so proud of me. I was too until my parents heard the news but all in all it worked out pretty darn good. I still smirk when I think of it. What was I thinking?

First and only job I'd been fired from. :lol:

Edited by Sheri_Rose

Yes and No. I Was fired for reporting a assault on myself. Chalked it up to experience.

Once I was fired for doing my job, seems they just disliked me for no reason, but it was a

blessing in disguise. I got a better job and eventually the most money I had ever made.

I have rarely been fired, I mostly walk out on jobs because I get tired of their shit.

Edited by 31illusions

Freshman year of college I worked in the caf. I skipped during finals week and got fired. Totally deserved it and didn't even study!

Then I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods for a bit. I was a greeter and it was miserable. I called and quit super casually and I think they may have considered it termination.

Either way, deserved that one too!

Who cares, though, got a degree and job now! yay

• Like 1

Yes, I was 17 and working in a knitwear shop weekends. I wanted to use my 4 weeks holiday allowance to do some aid work in Africa. They said that I wasn't allowed the time off, so fired me. What was good though is that they let me work right up until I left the country, and it paid very well for a weekend job.

The company went into liquidation within a year after my departure.

Never been fired, always quit. One employer asked me to do freelance work for them after I quit. I'm selfemployed now.

What brought this on, Arnold ? How are things at your new job ? Hope everything's fine.

Nope. I had a couple of short-term summer jobs (which always sucked). I quit on one because it exceptionally sucked. Started at my first real job in 2006 shortly after I graduated and I still work there. In September it'll be 8 years now. Still doing well and enjoying it.

Edited by username

Never. I've had many jobs since I was 14 and not once been fired. Quite the opposite. I've quit every job I've ever had but have always been welcomed back with open arms by the employer. 2 of the jobs I took full advantage of that going back to one job 6 times and another one 4 times. Needless to say I never stay at one job for too long but I've always done my job well and have never burnt any bridges.

No, I've never been fired. It happened very frequently in advertising though. Clients would cut a budget, a few heads would roll. A client would fire the agency and the agency would then fire half a dozen people. I guess I must have earned less than some of the others and perhaps offered value for what I did. I can hear it now from the MD's office: "nah, keep her she's cheap as chips". Perhaps they also appreciated my skirts and high heels. :lol:

Yeah got fired last year. Apparently I wasn't the right person for the position and they needed someone more experienced. This was achieved by hiring someone who had zero fuckin clue what he was doing half the time and getting me to train him full time for a whole month. Also told I didn't understand concepts when they were told to me via my immediate supervisor who obviously misinterpreted them and told I was missing from my second work site a lot of the time. Bit fuckin rich coming from a manager who you'd never see for days and he'd never tell you where he was gonna be.

Blessing in disguise. New jobs amazing, plenty of room for growth, company is soaring, managers are fantastic down to earth blokes, it feels like I'm working in a real team for the first time and I earn 25K more per year. Suck my balls old work.

Once when I lived at Crown Point and worked in High Barnet.

I phoned Transport For London for the best/quickest route for a commute and the guy asked me if I was pulling his leg/taking the piss.

I had a 3 or 4 hour commute and was fired for always being late, and it was a commission incentivised basic pay job - I would be paid to cold call people with a head set, a script and a computer that just rang people at random, and pulled up their name and address and try and successfully sell them a kitchen - that didn't happen.

.. The successfully part.

• Like 1

Yeah got fired last year. Apparently I wasn't the right person for the position and they needed someone more experienced. This was achieved by hiring someone who had zero fuckin clue what he was doing half the time and getting me to train him full time for a whole month. Also told I didn't understand concepts when they were told to me via my immediate supervisor who obviously misinterpreted them and told I was missing from my second work site a lot of the time. Bit fuckin rich coming from a manager who you'd never see for days and he'd never tell you where he was gonna be.

Blessing in disguise. New jobs amazing, plenty of room for growth, company is soaring, managers are fantastic down to earth blokes, it feels like I'm working in a real team for the first time and I earn 25K more per year. Suck my balls old work.

I'm glad your new company is more accepting of your sexual orientation.