Britney Spears Without Auto-Tune

RussTCB

In her defense, this song was probably made for autotune so the way she sang does indeed sound half assed. She hasn't always sounded this way, I remember the days before autotune.

It's in style now. Just have to wait it out like they did with disco.

What is the appeal of autotune? It is well hated yet if most of the chart topping pop songs have autotune, why are people listening to them?

Auto-tune isn't hated by the people that auto-tuned songs are made for/marketed to. I don't abhor autotune in and of itself. It can be fun and add an interesting element to a song. I've always thought Kanye uses it well. It's just annoying when people pretend not to use it. 90% of the time when people complain about a song having autotune, they weren't going to like the song regardless.

Now I do have an aversion to autotune in rock music, like the robot sort of autotune. Just sounds bad. I don't see a problem with autotune to clean up some vox however and make recording go a bit faster.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can clearly hear the autotune in the supposed "auto-tuneless" version. They made it sound bad. You can hear it clearly at 0:52 at "but the stars in the sky look like home", you can hear her vocals jump from keys.

Edited by The Black

I've seen Britney Spears a few times and I think most of her singing is auto tuned, but she does perform one song that you can tell she's singing and she sounds pretty good.

But doesn't Beyoncé do this too? Most of the pop people's stage shows outshine their singing anyway.

Lady GaGa is one performer who does her own singing. You can tell. She doesn't always sound perfect, but she's good.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can clearly hear the autotune in the supposed "auto-tuneless" version. They made it sound bad. You can hear it clearly at 0:52 at "but the stars in the sky look like home", you can hear her vocals jump from keys.

It's legit. The producer addressed it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/britney-spears-alien-without-auto-tune_n_5567640.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

I've seen Britney Spears a few times and I think most of her singing is auto tuned, but she does perform one song that you can tell she's singing and she sounds pretty good.

But doesn't Beyoncé do this too? Most of the pop people's stage shows outshine their singing anyway.

Lady GaGa is one performer who does her own singing. You can tell. She doesn't always sound perfect, but she's good.

Elton would take her godmother status away, and I think Axl also feels that he could never let Elton down either- I guess no one wants to let Elton down *L*. He could just as easily have had Caram punch things in to make his voice sound flawless.

So what if Axl had tapes like this come out? He didn't do all the songs live in one take either. We already know she isn't a great singer, but there is a laziness to letting producers fix it.

What is the appeal of autotune? It is well hated yet if most of the chart topping pop songs have autotune, why are people listening to them?

Auto-tune isn't hated by the people that auto-tuned songs are made for/marketed to. I don't abhor autotune in and of itself. It can be fun and add an interesting element to a song. I've always thought Kanye uses it well. It's just annoying when people pretend not to use it. 90% of the time when people complain about a song having autotune, they weren't going to like the song regardless.

Now I do have an aversion to autotune in rock music, like the robot sort of autotune. Just sounds bad. I don't see a problem with autotune to clean up some vox however and make recording go a bit faster.

For fucks sake TeeJay. You are a fan of LeBron James and Kanye West?

How douche-er can you possibly be?

• Like 1

For fucks sake TeeJay. You are a fan of LeBron James and Kanye West?

How douche-er can you possibly be?

How dare he like the things that the American media tries to condition everyone to hate?

Gaga's the best singer around...I just hope her next album is better than Artpop was.

Guest Gunns

Gaga was shit the second she released her first song. Little do people realize, but it wasn't until the multitracks of hers were released publicly, that it was found out a lot of the instrumentation in one of her early songs, were instruments/samples used straight from Apple's Garageband.

Gaga has gone to complete shit. She's more focused on promoting her oh so eccentric image and her music is suffering as a result. Comparably normal Gaga made decent pop music. Crazy Gaga makes shit.

I wouldn't say complete shit. Artpop does have some great tunes... but I definitely agree with the gist of your post.