Duff talks Kurt Cobain: "i didn't have a sense he was going to kill himself"

KeyserSoze

It's kind of like 9/11 conspirators. They find evidence because they want it to be evidence.

Like 2 buildings collapsing at free-fall speed as if it had no resistance whatsoever. Yeh... Didn't look like a controlled demolition or anything... Or how WTC7 collapsed(also at free-fall speed) without being hit by anything at all. Yeh....

See? This is what I'm talking about.

I bet this guy thinks the Sandy Hook shootings or The Holocaust didn't happen either.

I really can't believe that people actually think he didn't kill himself.

If you were around and followed the band back then you would know that everyones response was "He finally did it."

He shot himself, in the head, while high on heroin. He may have had a lot of heroin in his system, but he also was know to to DO A LOT OF HEROIN. You tend to build up a tolerance when you do that.

It's kind of like 9/11 conspirators. They find evidence because they want it to be evidence.

Well what about evidence from a man who was there himself? Yes I'm talking about Tom Grant and his investigations. Now people can say what they say and say Tom is jealous because he's not credited with anything related to Kurt cobain so he's obsessed with cracking this case, but if that's the case, and as Tom repeatedly asks to the general concencious that knows about his work, why hasn't Love sued the all mighty butt fuck out of him? Maybe it's because he has to much evidence to prove she's a piece of shit, or maybe it's because Courtney turned the other cheek and was the better man.... Phahahaha like we're support to believe that? The same women who just last week said her husband was a liar. Right. And look, I'm not saying he was murdered even though I'm making it out to be that way. I'm just looking at it from the outside in.

Great evidence.

She's not suing him? He MUST have been murdered.

put it this way. if you yourself had a huge history with using the media as an outlet to whore yourself for attention, would you sue a person who's been living his life believing you were the reason your loved one was dead?

The police actually spent way more time on the investigation than any other case like this (where with the autopsy analysis its obvious it was a suicide). Due to the increase in public interest due to the 20 anniversary of the sucide, the Seattle police department released more photos of the scene, and a policeman that was involved on the investigation repeated this fact.

And dont look that much into the Broomfield documentary. Yes, it is interesting, but when you're dealing with Courtney Love things are never what they appear to be. Plus, the whole point of that movie is to portray Courtney as someone who hides the truth from the media and threatens journalist, but (as mentioned briefly in the film) both Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl made threats to a journalist who was supposed to release a "tell all" Nirvana book (without reading an advance first).

and btw this is what TG had to say about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8NTb2Prd28

i did a quick point by point review of that tom gran video, just to make sure a few facts get straight here:

About the thumb - TG makes a whole case about the officer reviewing the polaroids so carelessly he can't remember which part of kurt's hand was marked by the gun going off, yet its clear the abrasion was near the palm and the officer is just trying to explain it.

Then he calls him a psychic when the officer says the polaroids helped him figure out what happened in the green room, as if the same polaroids Grant is defending as evidence were now considered useless to make a point. Then, when the officer gives his opinion (that it was obvious kurt went over there to killhimself - which it was) he calls him irresponsable and saying there's no forensic evidence of it. (THE GUY WAS CARRYING A GUN AND A SUICIDE NOTE) .

Then he makes fun of the recount of kurt's last moments, which were obvious. (walking from the area where the potting soil was to the center of the room where he killed himself).

The officer (as Grant says) admits that kurt would have only been alive (conscious) for a few minutes, yet Grant says Kurt would have been immediately "too weak" to shoot the gun. Calls the suicide "virtually impossible", yet there have been a few studies that prove that not only people have taken as much heroin as that "fatal" dose, it would have been relatively easy for someone to have time enough to kill themselves after the heroin injection. I'm talking about extreme cases of heroin use (as kurts).

Criticizes the "classic case of suicide" (related to the heroin quantity), yet in a lot of ways it is. There was a body with rigus mortis still holding the damn gun!, there were no signs of forced entry or a fight (which would have been if somebody forced kurt to shoot himself). There was 2 suicide letters (written by kurt, obviously written in a weird way because the guy was high as fuck and about to kill himself) and the person had previous and recent suicide attempts.

Goes in a long rant about the gunshot wound that really goes nowhere because he ends up backing up the officers claims.

the 3 shells thing is indeed interesting, but for me (taking a guess from countless books, interviews, videos) etc (and this is purely an opinion) its just a typical thing that Cobain would have done, thinking that if one shot wouldn't fully kill him he would have shot himself 2 more times (same reason he did the OD +shotgun combo). Unfounded fears were common to him (like fearing his daughter would born a "flipper baby").

lastly, saying that revealing the photos was just a public relations move, well, IT WAS. As the officer stated, they already had other photos of the same scene, there wasn't nothing specific that was only photographed for the 35mm roll, and honestly even photos don't matter much compared to the autopsy report, which stated very clearly that it was a suicide.

In my opinion, Seattle's police is pretty open about the investigation and (at least i) don't see anything that makes me believe this was a staged murder. Grant saying "i would probably like you outside of this case - i have been 20 years , etc etc" to the police guy totally contradicts the whole point of his reviewing of the interview, because he had earlier criticized the officer for giving his personal opinion instead of just talking about factual evidence.

i did a quick point by point review of that tom gran video, just to make sure a few facts get straight here:

About the thumb - TG makes a whole case about the officer reviewing the polaroids so carelessly he can't remember which part of kurt's hand was marked by the gun going off, yet its clear the abrasion was near the palm and the officer is just trying to explain it.

Then he calls him a psychic when the officer says the polaroids helped him figure out what happened in the green room, as if the same polaroids Grant is defending as evidence were now considered useless to make a point. Then, when the officer gives his opinion (that it was obvious kurt went over there to killhimself - which it was) he calls him irresponsable and saying there's no forensic evidence of it. (THE GUY WAS CARRYING A GUN AND A SUICIDE NOTE) .

Then he makes fun of the recount of kurt's last moments, which were obvious. (walking from the area where the potting soil was to the center of the room where he killed himself).

The officer (as Grant says) admits that kurt would have only been alive (conscious) for a few minutes, yet Grant says Kurt would have been immediately "too weak" to shoot the gun. Calls the suicide "virtually impossible", yet there have been a few studies that prove that not only people have taken as much heroin as that "fatal" dose, it would have been relatively easy for someone to have time enough to kill themselves after the heroin injection. I'm talking about extreme cases of heroin use (as kurts).

Criticizes the "classic case of suicide" (related to the heroin quantity), yet in a lot of ways it is. There was a body with rigus mortis still holding the damn gun!, there were no signs of forced entry or a fight (which would have been if somebody forced kurt to shoot himself). There was 2 suicide letters (written by kurt, obviously written in a weird way because the guy was high as fuck and about to kill himself) and the person had previous and recent suicide attempts.

Goes in a long rant about the gunshot wound that really goes nowhere because he ends up backing up the officers claims.

the 3 shells thing is indeed interesting, but for me (taking a guess from countless books, interviews, videos) etc (and this is purely an opinion) its just a typical thing that Cobain would have done, thinking that if one shot wouldn't fully kill him he would have shot himself 2 more times (same reason he did the OD +shotgun combo). Unfounded fears were common to him (like fearing his daughter would born a "flipper baby").

lastly, saying that revealing the photos was just a public relations move, well, IT WAS. As the officer stated, they already had other photos of the same scene, there wasn't nothing specific that was only photographed for the 35mm roll, and honestly even photos don't matter much compared to the autopsy report, which stated very clearly that it was a suicide.

In my opinion, Seattle's police is pretty open about the investigation and (at least i) don't see anything that makes me believe this was a staged murder. Grant saying "i would probably like you outside of this case - i have been 20 years , etc etc" to the police guy totally contradicts the whole point of his reviewing of the interview, because he had earlier criticized the officer for giving his personal opinion instead of just talking about factual evidence.

i see your points here, the only thing that i see wrong is what you said about the hand writing. the letter was pre-written, and courtney loves manager (i think i t was) found a practice sheet that was in courtneys possession that showed her tracing and practicing his handwriting. i just wanna know what you think about that and the fact that courtney acted so crazy about it after the fact

i see your points here, the only thing that i see wrong is what you said about the hand writing. the letter was pre-written, and courtney loves manager (i think i t was) found a practice sheet that was in courtneys possession that showed her tracing and practicing his handwriting. i just wanna know what you think about that and the fact that courtney acted so crazy about it after the fact

Honestly, and as a fan of hers, Courtney was crazy and there's not much to look into her supposedly practicing kurt's handwritting in this situation. She sent a couple of fax letters to kurts friends and ex's pretending to be Kurt, so she has already pretened to be him before. Plus, Kurt and Courtney's handwritting are / were already pretty similar. In fact, if courtney wanted to have an authentic looking suicide note there would be no need to write one since she already had the one he wrote in his Rome sucide attempt. Acting crazy afterwards its just the same type of behavior she always had, and, again, Kurt did the same with Lynn Hirschberg (threating phone calls saying he had the means to kill her).

In all honestly, kurt could have died overdosed at dealers house any day of his last week, as he was doing massive ammounts of heroin all over seattle. The fact that he escaped rehab, finished his band (punched krist in the airport the last time they saw each other), was already planning a divorce, etc, etc everything leads to this guy hating life and truly wanting to die. Courtney had no reason to want to kill this guy, specially knowing that his death would totally overshadow the release of his new album and forever mark her as Cobains widow, which it did. AND HE WAS THE FATHER OF HIS DAUGHTER.