Good Bumblefoot songs.

Saying how there is one about Ashba what are good Bumblefoot songs?

Jenny B, Simple days, Turn around, overloaded, Green, Spaghetti, Some other guy, Real, Shadow... to name but a few. He has some really great stuff, I've only bought Normal and Abnormal as well as a handful from the 2011 singles and snippets from some of the older albums. I recommend Abnormal as a good album to start on, but normal has some great stuff. The further back you go the weirder it gets... it's not for the faint of heart, very artsy shred probably the side of his playing most people hate when he adds it in to GnR stuff so don't start there if you want to convert.

:heart:

Judging from what he's saying and the small live clips avaliable, the next album will be his most "normal" album to date. The one he's reaching what he wanted since the very beginning, so I'd wait a few months as it'll be out this year.

But Dash is probably my favorite right now for a few reasons. He explained the meaning of the song which made me like it much more.

"Dash" I missed a close family member's funeral while on tour. Not the first time. I was told of the meaningful words that were said. One thing that struck me was how the headstone will have the date of birth, and the date of death... but it's the little 'dash' in-between the two dates that really matters. That dash represents everything that happens in-between those two dates, a person's entire life. In the end, everything we are, everything we care about, is just a 'dash'. We should respect that little line between the numbers, and make it a good one. Like Lennon said about life happening while we're off making plans, I think life is what passes by pointlessly when we concern ourselves with the wrong things. The little battles we wage against each other, those are the markers that life passes by in-between. I don't want to die and have that dash consist of wasted moments, bad choices and regrets. I'm making the effort to keep the poison out. This is the only chance.
  • Like 2

BBF: I think people don't realize especially once you join a high-profile band, it takes everything else that previously defined you and you become redefined. So I went from being a singer/guitar player fronting a band called Bumblefoot to the new guy in the new version of Guns that plays guitar. And no one even knows I do anything else. So they think I'm just the silent guitar player that plays the "Sweet Child O' Mine" solo as best he can and hopes the audience likes it.

Certainly you want to do more than that musically?

Over the last year, I've been going out and doing a lot more solo shows and letting people get to know me for who I really am and not just the one side of me that you see with Guns. Definitely in Guns I don't get to really show all that I am. I'm just one-eighth of what's going on onstage and not even writing unless we're just making up some jam on the spot onstage. If I had to say who I am it's like,"Look at my solo music" and then say, "It's that guy playing guitar in Guns."

I've honestly listened to these songs for arguments sake and have to say they're not good at all. They're practically everything about a guitar player you don't want. You don't want your guitar player to write songs. You want him to play the guitar.

I've honestly listened to these songs for arguments sake and have to say they're not good at all. They're practically everything about a guitar player you don't want. You don't want your guitar player to write songs. You want him to play the guitar.

Isn't a good thing when the guitar player could also write a song?

Isn't a good thing when the guitar player could also write a song?
Yes but I don't call them guitar players. I call them musicians. I recognize Izzy as a musician before I would a guitar player and I love his guitar playing. Edited by iftheworld

:heart:

That was excellent.

Listened to a few tracks off Hermit, it's great too... Gonna have to buy some albums now.. My poor bank account :(

I love his tone here. Much better than his live tone. Oh, and get his new album, it'll be out this year :)

Hermit - http://goo.gl/UrFMvG I love the solo. One of my favorites, just like quite a few of his solos in this album. The album is great, and really song-oriented, unlike his first album. The album is grunge with refined guitar soloing. :lol:

Download Hermit off the web, the album is out of print and the record label doesn't seem to be too interested in re-release it, so...

If you can't find it let me know and I'll upload for you.

Edited by Bruno P.
  • Like 1

I think other thing. i want a guitar player who writes good hard rock songs with Axl Rose :)

I hear Bumblefoot songs, are OK but its not my style, i preffer other member to compose.

Let's compare this to the defense case for Ashba in his thread lol.

Im a rare man! haha i prefer Ashba songs !

I think other thing. i want a guitar player who writes good hard rock songs with Axl Rose :)

I hear Bumblefoot songs, are OK but its not my style, i preffer other member to compose.

Let's compare this to the defense case for Ashba in his thread lol.

Im a rare man! haha i prefer Ashba songs !

No problem you're entitled to your own opinion, BBF could probably write radio rock and he'll need to adapt his songwriting for GNR if he ever gets a chance, I wouldn't mind if Ashba was part of the whole process and not the sole songwriter working with Axl.