Requesting evidence of Richard Fortus being an exceptional guitarist

Better chorus riff was his. So that was cool, but I don't think he's exceptional. Slash is exceptional, Bucket too. Even Bumble, at least technically. I think he does have value to Axl though.

Edited by Rovim

This isn't meant to be a troll thread. I just figured since the other two guitarists have threads for showcasing their best work, I'd make one for the one I'm clueless about.

That's how I took it. As for me, I've heard only a very few 4tus tracks outside of GN'R and I wasn't all that impressed. I have a CD by Honky Toast somewhere that I liked but found pretty forgettable. Inside of GN'R, I think his playing is pretty amazing.

I'd be open to checking out other out-of-GNR-work of his though if anyone has any suggestions.

I couldn't tell you one song he's written on his own but as a long time fellow guitar player I can tell you that Richard is one nasty guitar player.

He might not be able to write a song worth a fuck but you wouldn't want to get into a technical ability battle with him cause he'll make you look dumb

• Like 2

Richard is just an extremely steady and versatile guitar player.

This! I wouldn't call him exceptional, that's more for the guys like Slash or Bucket, but he's a really skilled guy and knows what he's doing.

lol at someone calling slash exceptional. i

This! I wouldn't call him exceptional, that's more for the guys like Slash or Bucket, but he's a really skilled guy and knows what he's doing.

. I never understood that either. Slash was constantly drunk and making mistakes live. He's amazing but not exceptional. Now Bucket, oh my goodness. I always thought if the two were to go head to head on stage Bucket would ruin Slash's image. People wouldn't look at Slash the same. Bucket is truly exceptional both in guitar and creating music.

Back to Fortus. I think he's under utilized as a rhythm guitarist. But as a guitarist I'd say he's solid. I haven't really invested in him outside Guns but I will say his James Bond jam was amazing.

Edited by iftheworld
  • Like 3

I love his work on the dead daisies Helter Skelter. Its coming out on the EP so that should be good.

The EP apart from that track is original material written by the band unlike the previous album. So you will have Richards own solos on there.

The Beautiful duet with robin is a master peice.

Richards madagascar and Heavens doors solos are pretty sweet too.

Edited by Axl_morris

But he is.