Billy Joel

dalsh327

Absolutely could not stand this guy back in the day.

But in recent years I've grown to appreciate his songwriting skills, not enough to buy any albums, but I can listen on the radio now without reaching for the dial.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/billy-joel-alexis-roderick-pregnant_n_7065360.html

Billy Joel is going to be a dad for the second time.
Joel's girlfriend, Alexis Roderick, is pregnant. The baby is due this summer, a rep for the 65-year-old star said in a statement to The Huffington Post, adding that the couple is opting "to keep any further details of her pregnancy under wraps until their new addition makes an official debut."
The two have been dating since 2009 after his split from ex-wife Katie Lee. Roderick is from Long Island and worked as a senior risk officer for Morgan Stanley in Garden City. They met at a restaurant in Huntington, New York and were friends before their romance began, the New York Daily News previously reported.
In October, the New York Post reported that the couple lives together in Oyster Bay. At that time, the "Piano Man" musician had no immediate plans to remarry.
Joel is already father to Alexa Ray, 29, his daughter with ex-wife Christie Brinkley.

Love a lot of his hits. Piano Man obviously. But She's Always A Woman, New York State Of Mind, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant and We Didn't Start The Fire are really brilliant too. I kind of ruined Goodnight Saigon for myself by overplaying it, but it's still a great song. I love Billy Joel's way of describing everything in a way that sparks your imagination and paints a picture.

• Like 1

I'm the opposite of a lot of people here. I can't stomach his '70s stuff for the most part ("Piano Man" and "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" are two of the worst songs that I've ever heard in my life), but I like most of his poppier '80s material.

You're kidding..

I'm the opposite of a lot of people here. I can't stomach his '70s stuff for the most part ("Piano Man" and "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" are two of the worst songs that I've ever heard in my life), but I like most of his poppier '80s material.

You're kidding..

Nope. Totally serious. I just don't like his '70s stuff at all, except for maybe "Allentown", since I grew up near there and have been through there many times. I just don't like his "classic" material. Personal taste and all that.