Anyone still buy CD's?

Georgy Zhukov

I don't think I'll ever buy a CD again. If I'm getting a physical product it'll be vinyl.

Maybe if GNR puts out a new album I'll buy one just so I can listen to it in the parking lot of Best Buy again but back then I didn't listen to the leaks or anything so it was all new to me. The album will have already leaked by then so it will be pointless.

I started out buying cds, then went vinyl (did the turntable thing), after the 90s tired of it and got rid of my vinyl collection and now mostly have my small CD collection. I have all of it ripped in itunes and more, and for new releases tend to go the download route. As there are no more record stores here in Belgium and shipping costs for a CD are insane, the downloadable alternative is far easier and cheaper. The albums that matter to me I will hang on to in CD format, but anything new usually ends up on the shelve after I've ripped it in itunes.

I basically only buy CD's for bands and artists I like. Vinyl I am not too crazy about. My wife has some old records she got from her grandmother. It is nice listening to The Beatles or Buddy Holly on vinyl. But CD's are cheaper for the most part.

That's all I buy. Still buy about 3 per month. I've never bought anything off itune or any other type of file. I download random covers and stuff by random people off youtube but that's about it for downloading. I have about 2500 cd's and have sold about 3000 over the years at second hand shops.

I still buy cds. I listen to my cds in my car most of the time. The sound is better.

I know most people have I pods, but I still like buying the cds. I figure bands are still making them so until something else comes out, I will buy them.

• Like 1