Anyone still buy CD's?

Georgy Zhukov

i buy a lot of cd's, cassettes and vinyl. i love collecting music and i have been doing it since i was a kid. i have to have the physical copy.

Where do you get cassettes?

ebay or sometimes through a bands website. also i go looking at yard sales or flea markets.

i buy a lot of cd's, cassettes and vinyl. i love collecting music and i have been doing it since i was a kid. i have to have the physical copy.

ebay or sometimes through a bands website. also i go looking at yard sales or flea markets.

What do you look for when you buy cassettes? Do they sound any better on some releases?

What do you look for when you buy cassettes? Do they sound any better on some releases?

sometimes it is a crap shoot when it comes to buying used cassettes at a flea market or a yard sale. usually if you find a cassette in a case that is a good sign, since it was most likely taken care of. i like the analog sound of a cassette, they have a unique sound to them. so it is hard to say if they sound "better" or not but some albums to me the analog sound of a cassette just sounds better than the CD version. like to me back in black sounds better on cassette than CD.

sometimes it just comes down to a cost motive as to why i buy a cassette. i was looking for black sabbath's headless cross album on ebay. the album has been out of print for a little while and on ebay the album was going from 30-50 dollars for the CD. i ended up getting the cassette for 6 or 7 dollars in case all most brand new. a couple of years ago i went to a flea market and found judas priest- painkiller, ac/dc- high voltage, boston-boston, and deep purple- perfect strangers. i got all those for 1 dollar in case and almost new condition.

sometimes it is a crap shoot when it comes to buying used cassettes at a flea market or a yard sale. usually if you find a cassette in a case that is a good sign, since it was most likely taken care of. i like the analog sound of a cassette, they have a unique sound to them. so it is hard to say if they sound "better" or not but some albums to me the analog sound of a cassette just sounds better than the CD version. like to me back in black sounds better on cassette than CD.

sometimes it just comes down to a cost motive as to why i buy a cassette. i was looking for black sabbath's headless cross album on ebay. the album has been out of print for a little while and on ebay the album was going from 30-50 dollars for the CD. i ended up getting the cassette for 6 or 7 dollars in case all most brand new. a couple of years ago i went to a flea market and found judas priest- painkiller, ac/dc- high voltage, boston-boston, and deep purple- perfect strangers. i got all those for 1 dollar in case and almost new condition.

Boston must sound interesting. I only have two cassette players. This record player I have that plays vinyl, CD's and cassettes and my car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...