random question - i want honest answers

Broskirose

Have you ever liked a post and then unliked it once you realized you dislike the poster?

I don't know why I just thought of this now, but I like the "like" system and all the little amusing forum culture stuff that goes with it.

I know I did this once. And I know people have done it to me.

• Like 1

No, I've never taken a like back and I don't care who the author of the post is- if it's a good comment or post it gets one from me, when I have one...I'm not a little bitch.

I'd like one of your posts (if you ever made a good one) for example, Broski :P

I'm pretty sure I have liked a post of yours at some point though, in all seriousness.

You can't agree with everyone all the time, and in reverse you find yourself agreeing with those you usually disagree with too.

No, I don't think I've done that. (?) If I don't like a poster it's because I don't usually agree with their posts. So mistakenly "liking" one of their posts wouldn't normally happen. I was never a fan of the whole "like" thing anyway and opposed it in the beginning. If someone agrees with a post I'd rather hear their thoughts why. But it has seemed to cut down on a lot of the +1 posts which became a very annoying trend here at some point, so I guess it's not all bad.

No. The poster doesn't matter, only the post. There is no one I dislike here. I think I have once liked a post instead of quoting it and then unliked it.

I like the like system, because I like to give likes. (A lot of likes, I know.) Sometimes I like a post because it's funny and sometimes because I agree and don't have anything to add.

Never, and the notion that people do things just for "likes" is ridiculous too.

Not to be argumentative, but wasn't the whole purpose of instituting the "like" system to give an added incentive for improving the quality and quantity of posts?

I mean, if likes didn't have any value or weren't important to people then why did the daily limit increase to 25 for supporters after many people complained about wanting a higher limit?

This came out wrong, what I meant was certain posters posting things that are trollworthy that know will get likes with certain people if posted.

Quality posts deserve likes most definitely and that's why it was implemented, but not to be abused for like-whoring.

Never because I disliked the poster. I don't hold grudges, therefore I pretty much like everyone around here....and I certainly don't dislike anyone enough not to like one of their posts, if in fact, I really do like it.

I have gone back and unliked a post after re-reading it and realizing I really didn't like what the person said. (Misread it or liked it by accident) :shrugs: (And it's only happened maybe two or three times ever).

Edited by Kasanova King