RIP Thomas Erdelyi (Tommy Ramone)

luciusfunk

He was the last of the original lineup and produced a lot of their albums, co-wrote the first 3 albums (even though it's debatable how much he wrote compared to Dee Dee and Joey) He also had a connection to Tommy Stinson for producing The Replacements "Tim" and "Pleased to Meet Me" albums. One of his first jobs was doing a mix for Hendrix.

I think more people are familiar with Marky being The Ramones' drummer but he was important in how it came together.

He was a Ramone and he's alive and enjoying life, whatever that may bring, including playing live and or recording.

This cd has been in my deck for a while now, it goes in every summer since its release, I love it.

9lh6v7.jpg

• Like 4

Sad sad news. All of them went way too soon. The Ramones is one of the very bed when it comes to RnR. Live em. Simple, witty, catchy and genious. Forever one of the best, thank you Tommy.

btw do catch Marky live show if you can, its superb especially with Andrew WK

Yeah I think that's 1999, they also met up in 1997 to promote Were outta here. The last gig was really good, as Joey said they went out on a high note. Played better than in the latter part of the eighties and early nineties and the speed was insane, actually way too much for some songs.

Gabba gabba hey. I'm gonna cranck up Its alive and buy me a new ramones shirt.

• 2 weeks later...