Mötley Crüe

Poison

L.A. Guns

Warrant

Cinderella

Whitesnake

Kingdom Come

Quiet Riot

Skid Row (not technically glam rock but I consider early Skid Row hair metal/hard rock)

Enuff Z'Nuff

Twisted Sister

Faster Pussycat

rock3

**by request, 80s van halen was removed**

Edited by usemyillusions
  • Like 1

I like most of the acts you mentioned there. I cannot stand Enuff Z Nuff though. They've just never done even one song I like at all.

For me, so called Hair Metal falls under the category of "There's a time and a place for that". I can usually find time for it more often than not though.

illusions- you forgot RATT and WASP!!!! They're fuckin' deadly man...and what about Bullet Boys???!??

W.A.S.P. is a cool band before Blackie Lawless turned into a weird jesus freak who refuses to play Fuck Like A Beast. Ratt is pretty cool too. I like Bullet Boys somewhat, not a huge fan. I hit post on accident and forgot to add Faster Pussycat to the list as well :lol:

• Like 1

here's what i said on a different forum:

I have been hard at work at an ultimate glam rock/hair metal bands list, and after hours of listening to this music, both on the CDs i own and on the glam rock Pandora station, I believe this to be the list of the most epic bands ever, ordered top to bottom, with the top being the best, and the bottom being awesome, but not GNR/MC/Poison awesome.
Guns N' Roses (like it or not they have roots in the glam rock/hair metal scene)
Mötley Crüe
Poison
Faster Pussycat
L.A. Guns
Warrant
Cinderella
Whitesnake
Kingdom Come
Quiet Riot
Skid Row (not technically glam rock, however Skid Row existed in the 80's as a hair rock to hair metal band)
Enuff Z'Nuff
Twisted Sister
80's Van Halen
Ratt
W.A.S.P. before Blackie Lawless went weird and turned into a jesus freak who refuses to play Animal
i am open to suggestions on re-ordering/adding bands.

Putting Van Halen on this list is incorrect, unless you add Kiss and AC/DC. All three bands are from the 70's and their combined influences resulted in the whole "hair band era." I personally don't consider VH a hair/glam band, but they did influence ALL OF THEM, as did Kiss and AC/DC. So I demand either VH being removed or AC/DC and KISS being added.

A great band from this era that often gets over looked is Krokus, if you haven't heard them, check em' out!!!

GNR (if they count), Skid Row's first album and Sebastian Bach's Angel Down album encompass all good hair metal music ever.

inb4 this thread derailed by the hipsters

Quit your whining for fuck sake.

lol i don't even mentioned you

On topic: the new Swedish glam/sleaze metal bands are good: Hardcore Superstar, CrashDiet etc.

lol should still be playin' fuck like a beast. you know of any other bands i can get into? I literally just bought a Kingdom Come cd after listening to one of their songs.

Say what you will about hair metal, but for me, there's something to be said for cranking the fuck out of this tune:

GNR (if they count), Skid Row's first album and Sebastian Bach's Angel Down album encompass all good hair metal music ever.

inb4 this thread derailed by the hipsters

Quit your whining for fuck sake.

lol i don't even mentioned you

On topic: the new Swedish glam/sleaze metal bands are good: Hardcore Superstar, CrashDiet etc.

You didn't have to mention me. I'm just sick of your incessant whining about hipsters and rap music.

Going to see Alice Cooper and Motley Crue tomorrow night. Can't wait.

I'm sorry I missed the Kiss show. The review was good and they actually performed "Hide your heart" which is one of my all time favorite Kiss songs and Love Gun. Damn!

Anyway, have always loved all the metal/hair bands from the 80's. I think it was a fun time for music and some really good bands came out of that time and are still rockin today.

WASP's most recent two albums are terrific, not hair metally, just hard rock.

Whitesnake was blues based rock until 1987 when Coverdale decided to go glam for no good reason. Then when WS resurfaced in the late 2000's it was hard rock again - the last two WS albums have been great hard rock music.

I like a song by XYZ, I'm sure they have other good stuff.

Tangier was great, but I wouldn't consider most of their stuff to be hair metal - Tora Tora's in that same category too.

All of the bands mentioned are great and some are amongst my favourite bands :)

One awesome band missed off that should be on that list... Love/Hate :)

Hmm trying to think of some more bands of that ilk...

Danger Danger

Tesla

Kixx

White Lion