Glam Rock and Hair Metal appreciation

WFA

Fail to see how anything involving a hot chick can be considered on topic in a hair metal thread in this decade.

Sweaty old guys and gross cougars with leather jackets maybe, but no hot chicks.

Someday you and your partner will be in your 40s......

But there are a lot of women in their 40s that are very much still considered hot and beautiful. But I find women of all ages beautiful - maybe you have an age limit though. And rock n roll is all about sweaty guys on stage - regardless of their age.

Though, there was just as many young people as old people at the last GnR show I went to........so your theory might be a little off.

Of course there are attractive people in their 40s. I'm not denying that. I just find the groupie and as they get older, "cougar" type to be repulsive. Made up near half the crowd at the most recent Slash show I went to and was about the only bad thing about it.

• Like 1

As much as I love bands from this era still, I gotta say the people watching at their shows is really something else. Tom Keifer, Tesla, Skid Row and/or Bach, etc... everyone at those shows seems to think it's still 1985-1990. :confused:

Says the guy who goes to Bach, Skid Row, Tesla and Tom Keifer (who?) shows. :lol:

As much as I love bands from this era still, I gotta say the people watching at their shows is really something else. Tom Keifer, Tesla, Skid Row and/or Bach, etc... everyone at those shows seems to think it's still 1985-1990. :confused:

Says the guy who goes to Bach, Skid Row, Tesla and Tom Keifer (who?) shows. :lol:

That's what I'm saying though! It's almost one of the things that's a hinderance to going. I love those tunes and a lot of those performers, but I always think "Oh man. The crowd is gonna be a shit-show".

edit-

Tom Keifer is the singer of Cinderella. He put out a solo album a year ago or so that's pretty bad ass. Take a listen to these tracks and let me know what you think:

Glam rock and hair metal mainly focused on shallow elements of rock and pop, and left out a lot of what was cool about rock and blues.

Not that interesting to me, but there are a lot of guilty pleasures in those genres, and also not guilty.

I had a housemate who liked Cinderella, I had for years up until that time assumed that Cinderella were basically an even gayer Poison but he put on one of their early (first?) albums and it was like Brian Johnson ACDC, just not as good.

He had a later album that was fully hairspray though...but that early album surprised me.

I had a housemate who liked Cinderella, I had for years up until that time assumed that Cinderella were basically an even gayer Poison but he put on one of their early (first?) albums and it was like Brian Johnson ACDC, just not as good.

He had a later album that was fully hairspray though...but that early album surprised me.

I think you might have that backwards. Their first album was full on glam/make up on the cover and what not. I'm on mobile so I can't post the cover right now.

From the second album on, they changed their look quite a bit. All of it is that blues based rock though.

I think you might have that backwards. Their first album was full on glam/make up on the cover and what not. I'm on mobile so I can't post the cover right now.

From the second album on, they changed their look quite a bit. All of it is that blues based rock though.

Aha, I probably do- I seem to remember the good album being purple with perhaps them on bikes?

Aha, I probably do- I seem to remember the good album being purple with perhaps them on bikes?

Yeah, that is the first album: Night Songs. They have as much or more make up on as Poison on that cover though haha

Fail to see how anything involving a hot chick can be considered on topic in a hair metal thread in this decade.

Sweaty old guys and gross cougars with leather jackets maybe, but no hot chicks.

Someday you and your partner will be in your 40s......

But there are a lot of women in their 40s that are very much still considered hot and beautiful. But I find women of all ages beautiful - maybe you have an age limit though. And rock n roll is all about sweaty guys on stage - regardless of their age.

Though, there was just as many young people as old people at the last GnR show I went to........so your theory might be a little off.

Of course there are attractive people in their 40s. I'm not denying that. I just find the groupie and as they get older, "cougar" type to be repulsive. Made up near half the crowd at the most recent Slash show I went to and was about the only bad thing about it.

Wow, is the Slash crowd really like that? I thought it would mostly be young people there like at the GN'R shows.

When I saw Motley Crue there were some older people stuck in the 80's but mostly young fans.

I guess it depends on where in the world you see these bands I guess.

I listened to so much hair metal in high school that I just can't listen to it anymore with very few exceptions, mainly the bluesier based stuff like Cinderella and Tesla, and even listening to them is rare for me anymore.

I guess that I've just gone country and never came back. :shrug:

I got my copy of Crazy, Crazy Nights compilation.

Alone by Heart and Sleeping My Day Away by D:A:D are new to me. As are Modern Day Cowboy and Breaking the Chains.

Four classic songs!!!

Music was much simpler and more fun back in the day.

I listened to so much hair metal in high school that I just can't listen to it anymore with very few exceptions, mainly the bluesier based stuff like Cinderella and Tesla, and even listening to them is rare for me anymore.

I guess that I've just gone country and never came back. :shrug:

Two of my favorite bands from the era.

I preferred those types of bands - Cinderella, Tora Tora, Dangerous Toys, Tora Tora over the Wingers and Poisons.

• Like 1

Swear to god a woman had teased hair at one of the Crüefest gigs