Glam Rock and Hair Metal appreciation

WFA

More old school glam.

Slade

Slade has an old tune called Run, Run Away that I fucking love. No one I know has heard it though.

That's a great tune!

There's a Canadian band called Great Big Sea that put their spin on a cover of it and had some success (in these parts) with it.

Not a patch on Slade's version though. :shades:

lol should still be playin' fuck like a beast. you know of any other bands i can get into? I literally just bought a Kingdom Come cd after listening to one of their songs.

Say what you will about hair metal, but for me, there's something to be said for cranking the fuck out of this tune:

That's why I mentioned them dude! They fuckin' rock!

Love it still to this day.

Fun music. Lots of power ballads. Lots of singers screaming their lungs out, hitting high notes, guitar solos and shredding......back when music was fun.

Put some Poison on or crank up Cherry Pie at a party and you'd have girls dancing, making out and flashing..............what happens at a party when you crank up the Muse or Coldplay?

But the greatest thing about music? If you don't like a certain genre, you don't have to listen to it. I'm just glad there is so much variety of music out there for people to enjoy. Pick what you like and have fun!!!

The cream of the crop, imo:

GnR

Tesla

Skid Row

Cinderella

Dangerous Toys

Warrant

Tora Tora

Motely Crue

Def Leppard

Second tier you have bands like Whitesnake, Lita Ford, Slaughter, Poison, Dokken, Ratt, Great White, Steelheart, White Lion, LA Guns, Winger, Kix, Enuff Z Nuff, Europe

The greatest thing about the hair/glam metal era? Those bands would put out an album every year or every other year. Between 1986 and 1993ish I'd probably buy 25 cds a year. WHEN is the last time you bought 25 cds in a single year? Much less for 6-7 years straight.

And for today..........Hardcore Superstar is just a phenomenal rock band. Probably my second favorite band right now after Guns n Roses. Anybody who loves old school GnR should love HS. They are that good.

Can't take much time to write a Nobody puts baby in a corner album. I'm surprised those bands didn't put out an album a month.

Just like it doesn't take much talent to record autotune vocals.....

See two can play that game ;)

Isn't it funny how a small group of posters on here constantly rip apart genres of music they don't like and they constantly make posts about it.......but they are also the same ones who lose their minds if anybody dare criticizes the music they like? I don't like rap that much, so I rarely go post in rap topics.

I think Kayne is a joke - but you won't find 893 posts from me bashing all things Kayne and people who like him. I don't go into rap topics specifically just to make fun of people.

LOL, hair metal has cheesy lyrics? Have you heard some of GnR's lyrics? Have you listened to Kayne's lyrics? Let's see how many times I can say f*ck, n*gga, and talk about how rich I am and how many women I can have sex with.

It really is OK for people to like different types of music. Never understood why people feel the need to insult those who like different types of music than they do.

Lithium does it in a funny way, with great pictures. But a couple of the other guys seem to take great offense for some reason. Weird.

Every music topic doesn't have to be a mean-spirited fight between people.

Why people care about what OTHER people's music choices is beyond me.

• Like 2

Can't take much time to write a Nobody puts baby in a corner album. I'm surprised those bands didn't put out an album a month.

Just like it doesn't take much talent to record autotune vocals.....

See two can play that game ;)

Isn't it funny how a small group of posters on here constantly rip apart genres of music they don't like and they constantly make posts about it.......but they are also the same ones who lose their minds if anybody dare criticizes the music they like? I don't like rap that much, so I rarely go post in rap topics.

I think Kayne is a joke - but you won't find 893 posts from me bashing all things Kayne and people who like him. I don't go into rap topics specifically just to make fun of people.

LOL, hair metal has cheesy lyrics? Have you heard some of GnR's lyrics? Have you listened to Kayne's lyrics? Let's see how many times I can say f*ck, n*gga, and talk about how rich I am and how many women I can have sex with.

It really is OK for people to like different types of music. Never understood why people feel the need to insult those who like different types of music than they do.

Lithium does it in a funny way, with great pictures. But a couple of the other guys seem to take great offense for some reason. Weird.

Every music topic doesn't have to be a mean-spirited fight between people.

Why people care about what OTHER people's music choices is beyond me.

Agreed.

Obviously we all have strong thoughts and opinions or we wouldn't be here in the first place, but when people say the same negative things over and over again I lose respect for that poster. I even begin to feel sorry for them. Anyone on this forum with at least 1,000 posts probably knows that Bacardi doesn't like 80's rock. Which is fine, he is entitled to that opinion, but to constantly dwell on that point makes me question his mental health. To constantly go into threads about topics you dislike in order to express how much you dislike it really makes me pitty you. Because why would a person spend so much time discussing things they don't like, unless they are just an unhappy individual. Negative people like to express negativity. I don't like plenty of things, but I choose to ignore those threads and topics, because I don't want to spend my time dwelling on things I don't like. I'm not a big soccer fan, you don't see me going into the "football" threads trashing soccer. Because I respect other peoples opinions enough to just leave it alone, also why waste my time on that topic if I clearly don't like it? It begs the question.....

• Like 1

Fun music. Lots of power ballads. Lots of singers screaming their lungs out, hitting high notes, guitar solos and shredding......back when music was fun.

Put some Poison on or crank up Cherry Pie at a party and you'd have girls dancing, making out and flashing..............what happens at a party when you crank up the Muse or Coldplay?

But the greatest thing about music? If you don't like a certain genre, you don't have to listen to it. I'm just glad there is so much variety of music out there for people to enjoy. Pick what you like and have fun!!!

GnR

Tesla

Skid Row

Cinderella

Dangerous Toys

Warrant

Tora Tora

Motely Crue

Def Leppard

Second tier you have bands like Whitesnake, Lita Ford, Slaughter, Poison, Dokken, Ratt, Great White, Steelheart, White Lion, LA Guns, Winger, Kix, Enuff Z Nuff, Europe

The greatest thing about the hair/glam metal era? Those bands would put out an album every year or every other year. Between 1986 and 1993ish I'd probably buy 25 cds a year. WHEN is the last time you bought 25 cds in a single year? Much less for 6-7 years straight.

And for today..........Hardcore Superstar is just a phenomenal rock band. Probably my second favorite band right now after Guns n Roses. Anybody who loves old school GnR should love HS. They are that good.

I'd probably stick Poison in the top tier....but anyways...

Where's Vain?? Granted, they weren't in the other bands lyrics in terms of sales or recognition but they did put out some killer albums on par with the biggest bands..in my opinion, of course

Bang Tango would be another to maybe be in the second tier

Edited by Sixes

GnR

Tesla

Skid Row

Cinderella

Dangerous Toys

Warrant

Tora Tora

Motely Crue

Def Leppard

I'd probably stick Poison in the top tier....but anyways...

Where's Vain?? Granted, they weren't in the other bands lyrics in terms of sales or recognition but they did put out some killer albums on par with the biggest bands..in my opinion, of course

Bang Tango would be another to maybe be in the second tier

I played their debut album to death. I got that and the Wolfsbane CD at the same time and listened to them both non-stop for a couple months. My only downgrade on Vain is that I could never get into their later work. About a year ago I went back and listened to everything of theirs and I couldn't get into any of it past the No Respect album. Davy Vain's voice starts to grate on you after about thirty minutes!

But I used to listen to that first album on a daily basis.

Have You Seen Her - off of Bang Tango's last album - Pistol Whipped in the Bible Belt is on my IPOD's top 25 most played current songs list. From all reports they are a great live band too.

And you are correct. Poison should be in the upper list, I just can't stand them. Whenever I hear radio or media talk about Brett Michaels they always say that his "niceness" is a huge act and that the guy is a complete arrogant jerk who treats people like crap......unless you are a hot chick or somebody who can make him money. I like some of their lesser known stuff like Ride the Wind and Miles Away and She's All Gone.