New Fortus Interview: "I’m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"

If the new material isnt hard rock, i dont care CD II

I wouldn't go that far. But new material does pose a problem for me. I genuinely despise DJ Ashba, his music and especially everything he stands for and represents. I really, REALLY dislike that talentless tool. I really don't want music that involves him. Especially when it's material written by proper guitarists (like Finck, Bucket, Paul, Rich or Ron) dumbed down to suit his (lack of) abilities. So by that standard - fuck CD2.

But then, I have always been and will always be interested in Axl's music. And therefor, I will want CD2.

This is one of those "what if an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" things for me. :huh::(

• Like 1

Here's the thing - unless Frank says that he is finishing up the new record then I'm not going to hold my breath because Brain has been out of the picture for what 6 years now? That means all of his drum parts have to be re-recorded by Frank now, right?

Here's the thing - unless Frank says that he is finishing up the new record then I'm not going to hold my breath because Brain has been out of the picture for what 6 years now? That means all of his drum parts have to be re-recorded by Frank now, right?

That would all be up to Axl. We still have Bucket on CD even though he was out of the band for several years before its release.

I suppose a more apples to apples comparison would be Josh Freese; are any of his drum tracks on CD?

I think things had been left open with Brain & Robin as far as anything they had worked on and coming back if needed. I doubt Josh would come back or would expect a call from Axl but he'd be there if he had some free time to do it.

There's probably enough to put an EP out there.

Axl called the new record "already done", Bumble has said that he didn't think any of the songs were really finished, and that they hadn't written anything new since 2009... seems to me like there's a failure to communicate.

I read a interview with axl from 91' he said how people want the new record now, but he doesn't care, he wants to release something that he's proud of that he thinks is a great record, instead of just picking 10 songs and hoping for the best.... leopard doesn't change its spots. I reckon we'll get a new album... soon ;)

I honestly wouldn't mind so much if they approached the new album like UYI and CD, where they played a couple of the songs live before the albums were released... that would actually hold me over for a while, and you know what I'm sure they would learn something, just like they did on on the UYI tour - oh that part is really working live, oh that part has to be changed etc.

Are you guys hoping for some of the older songs to be released or some recently written material? I would prefer hearing the older stuff

Half and half, definite curiosity to hear the CD era material but I also want this band to be legitimized by writing and recording their very own songs.

Are you guys hoping for some of the older songs to be released or some recently written material? I would prefer hearing the older stuff

Half and half, definite curiosity to hear the CD era material but I also want this band to be legitimized by writing and recording their very own songs.

bumbleface.jpg

bumbleface.jpg

How old is this, exactly?

Both. Any of it.

With only one album of original material in the last 23 years hopefully we'll get a ton of both.

bumbleface.jpg

How old is this, exactly?

4 years old. Seems like forever, and a day.

Axl probably looks at his career from the year 3000.

2008 or 2018 what's the difference?

It's just whether its a good 90s meets 00s record. I think CD was but people wanted 70s, 80s, 90s GNR. Like a franchise.

I bet they still haven't got in a room despite being on tour constantly, again, the burning question is what the blue fuck does Axl do if he isn't making music apart from screwing models, drinking champagne and being very polite to any fans he sees around the hotel?

Also, how will the solos be divided between 4TUS, BBF, DJ, BH, FINCK?