Aerosmith - Let Rock Rule - Summer Tour, 2014

Zint

So I had the chance to see this tour last night.
I hadn't seen Aerosmith since 1994, and basically, it was the same show (or so it seemed).
I'm mainly an old school fan, that shit is amazing.
I can take or leave everything from the mid 80's on.

That being said, the radio friendly hits setlist was loaded with the Ragdoll doesn't want to miss a thing while crying to forget you stuff, which was quite popular (and I understand why it has to be in the setlist), but it kind of puts me on snooze alert.

Having said that, when they break into the classic shit, that just lights a fuse for me.These guys can still fuckin kick it.
I saw these guys twice in the 70's and, wow, god damn, ya know??
But when I see a performance of something like Rats In The Cellar that I saw last night, it just transcends me back to the first time I saw them.
Really.fucking.cool.

Here's my video of Rats In The Cellar, not great to look at, but the audio is ok.
I thought this was pretty damn cool. :devilshades:

• Like 3

I'm going to see them (for the 2nd time) in September at DTE in the Detroit area. I'm pretty excited about it tbh. I also prefer the older stuff, but I do like their PV through Nine Lives run, with Get a grip being my fav of that era. I really enjoyed their Japan documentary they did a couple of years ago, they really seemed to be bringing back more classic tunes for a while. Out of curiosity how many pre 1980 songs did they play at the show you went to?

I'm going to see them (for the 2nd time) in September at DTE in the Detroit area. I'm pretty excited about it tbh. I also prefer the older stuff, but I do like their PV through Nine Lives run, with Get a grip being my fav of that era. I really enjoyed their Japan documentary they did a couple of years ago, they really seemed to be bringing back more classic tunes for a while. Out of curiosity how many pre 1980 songs did they play at the show you went to?

Nine pre 80's songs:

Back In The Saddle

Kings and Queens

Toys In The Attic

Same Old Song And Dance

Rats In The Cellar

No More No More

Walk This Way

Dream On

Sweet Emotion

I saw them last Thursday, posted this in the Slash thread but will paste it here since it's more appropriate here:

This was my third Aero show, and maybe my favorite; though they've really been comparably good each time so it's hard to pick. Kings and Queens right into Toys in the Attic was fucking awesome, I hadn't heard them do either of those before, and unfortunately they don't pull out the early stuff too often. Opening with Back In The Saddle is smart, but Joe really needs to use one of his Les Pauls or Strats for it, whatever guitar he used sounded like absolute garbage - Brad's tone throughout the night (even when Joe was using a LP) was much better IMO, I also think he's a better lead player but that's neither here nor there; and their respective styles do mesh well together. Steven Tyler sounds unbelievably good, I can't get over it. Tom looks like he's a ghost (no Slash pun intended), and Joey looked like he was really working hard on the drums, but I didn't notice any slip ups. Other than the two songs I mentioned earlier, No More No More, Eat The Rich, and an unexpected Chip Away the Stone were highlights for me. The biggest surprise of the Aero set though: no Slash. Like everyone else, I assumed we were guaranteed at least Train Kept-A or Mama Kin (or both), but whatever, not a huge deal.

I also am a much bigger 70s Aero fan, but unfortunately the 80s/90s seems to be more popular with crowds.

I will say though, of the "newer" tunes, they did a rippin' version of Monkey On My Back!

!!!

Damn, I'd really like to hear that. I do like some 80's and 90's Asmith, they just wouldn't ever play any of it (Walk On Down, Line Up, Can't Stop Messin', Ain't That A Bitch, Something's Gotta Give, Young Lust, FINE), basically the late Aerosmith that's still traceable to being written by a 70's rock n' roll band.

And while I'm at it, I liked that song they released with that greatest hits, Devil's Got A New Disguise I think it was.

Edited by OmarBradley

Here's another..

I going to mention the Pump material yesterday and forgot to. One of my favorite things they do from time to time is Draw The Line but they throw F.I.N.E. in the middle of it. The first time I heard of them doing that was at Woodstock, but they do it on tour a lot too. Here's the Woodstock one:

Nine pre 80's songs:

Back In The Saddle

Kings and Queens

Toys In The Attic

Same Old Song And Dance

Rats In The Cellar

No More No More

Walk This Way

Dream On

Sweet Emotion

These are the ones I'd pretty much lexpect them to do, except for No More No More. I'm a little suprised no Train or Last Child. I myself would like to hear Season of Wither, Big Ten Inch, plus all the ones mentioned. Have they ever played whole albums like Toys or Rocks all the way through? That would be awesome!!!

I don't know if they've ever done Toys or Rocks all the way through, but that would be amazing.

I was thinking during the show, particularly during Rats, that it would be bloody amazing if they did a tour with only material up to Night in the Ruts.

That would just be insane!

I don't know if they've ever done Toys or Rocks all the way through, but that would be amazing.

I was thinking during the show, particularly during Rats, that it would be bloody amazing if they did a tour with only material up to Night in the Ruts.

That would just be insane!

I'm pretty sure when they played Jones Beach a few years ago they did all of Toys.... sadly I was not there.

Yeah....http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2009/nikon-at-jones-beach-theater-wantagh-ny-23d79497.html

Damn.

This was the setlist of my first Aerosmith show. ^_^

Back In The Saddle
S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Big Ten Inch Record
I Wanna Know Why
Lord of the Thighs
Lick and a Promise
Get It Up

Sweet Emotion
Walkin' The Dog
Mama Kin
Draw The Line
Same Old Song And Dance

Train Kept-A-Rollin'
Milk Cow Blues
Toys In The Attic

• Like 1

Back In The Saddle

S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Big Ten Inch Record

I Wanna Know Why

Lord of the Thighs

Lick and a Promise

Get It Up

Sweet Emotion

Walkin' The Dog

Mama Kin

Draw The Line

Same Old Song And Dance

Train Kept-A-Rollin'

Milk Cow Blues

Toys In The Attic

I'd love to hear I Wanna Know Why. The only thing that could make that set better would be Somebody or One Way Street... or Make It.... or Home Tonight... they really have too many great 70's songs to choose from. Shame they barely scratch the surface with that stuff.

^That's a sweet fucking set list!

Missed them this summer when they played in Sweden, found out a day later reading a review about how great it had been.

Saw them back in 2010 I think it was, at Sweden Rock Festival, they were co-headlining with GNR, Fantastic show, shit I almost cried! First time seeing GNR but they weren't close to Aerosmith. Everything was great except Joe Perry playing against his Guitar Hero self.

That said I've always been more of a casual fan, until I read that review from the show I missed out on. Since then I've bought and almost exlusively listened to the first 5 albums. They're so fucking good! Not digging the 80s/90s material as much but I'll give them more chances.

Back In The Saddle

S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Big Ten Inch Record

I Wanna Know Why

Lord of the Thighs

Lick and a Promise

Get It Up

Sweet Emotion

Walkin' The Dog

Mama Kin

Draw The Line

Same Old Song And Dance

Train Kept-A-Rollin'

Milk Cow Blues

Toys In The Attic

That's a pretty good set list, but no Dream on or Walk this way? Really??? I would take out Milk cow blues and Get it up, and replace them with dream on and walk this way for sure, that would be a set. I would also take I wanna know why and replace it with Last Child.

I know that it was a Draw the Line tour, so some DTL tunes need to be in there, but I wouldn't cut Dream on or Walk this way...

Edited by Mike420

Here's the setlist from the second time I saw them in '79

Train Kept A-Rollin'
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Mama Kin
Reefer Head Woman
Lick and a Promise
Think About It (Yardbirds cover)
Seasons of Wither

Bone To Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy)

Lord of the Thighs
Sweet Emotion

Get The Lead Out
Walk This Way

Draw The Line

Same Old Song and Dance

Rats In The Cellar

Milk Cow Blues

Toys In The Attic

Here's the setlist from the second time I saw them in '79

Train Kept A-Rollin'

S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Mama Kin

Reefer Head Woman

Lick and a Promise

Think About It (Yardbirds cover)

Seasons of Wither

Bone To Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy)

Lord of the Thighs

Sweet Emotion

Get The Lead Out

Walk This Way

Draw The Line

Same Old Song and Dance

Rats In The Cellar

Milk Cow Blues

Toys In The Attic

Was this with Jimmy Crespo?