Slipknot - NEW ALBUM - .5: The Gray Chapter - Fall Tour "Prepare for Hell Tour" with Korn and KING 810

KeyserSoze

Am I the only one that thinks the negative one sounds kinda forced aggro and The Devil In I sounds like a continuation of All Hope Is Gone? I like the latter, the first song was decent but redundant, I actually found the second song interesting... Gematria? / Pulse of the Maggots / Butcher's Hook / The Blister Exists are all 'aggressive' knot songs I like from the last albums, I'd throw People = Shit, Wait and Bleed, SIC or Left Behind on if I wanted example of old slipknot rants, The Negative One is decent as it stands but just a repeat of the old angry angry stuff, TDII is definitely stone sour-like but no less than summat like Sulphur was, it sounds unique but a blend... suppose you could make the same case for the negative one sounding slightly different than the old angry stuff then again lol.

I actually quite liked "The Devil In I." "The Negative One" was okay but not something that stuck with me personally.

The new masks are pretty cool. I seem to be in the minority, but I like Corey's. It reminds me of this old man mask Peter Gabriel would wear when singing the last part of "The Musical Box" during his days in Genesis. I thought the new members were going to be wearing the same masks because them donning unique ones was "disrespectful" or something? Not that I'm complaining of course. Combined with the actually performing onstage, looks like these guys are official now. Whoever they may be. Any word on that front yet?

You know, I just got to thinking of something. What if they don't reveal who the new guys are for sure? I mean, the bassist looks to be pretty much confirmed, and the drummer is most definitely one of the more popular guesses. But what if they never 100% confirm it? That would be such a bitch thing to do. Although I would find it very funny.

• 3 weeks later...

The album was alright. Not the best, but overall pretty good.

I'm kind of amazed at the spectacle they've made with the new members though. They're not gonna tell us who the drummer is for one. Then they make him visit Paul's grave before the sessions. Then Corey says they're official, then some other member says they are just session guys. Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Full show from Knotfest day 2

The sound is terrible i hope they change their soundman in the foreseable future... Corey's death growls are back, but he ran out of breath sometimes... also i start to like his new mask. The new drummer guy is ok, new album has some cool agresiveness that the prev. record doesn't have... of corse it's not better than iowa, but still better than anything Stone Sour did since their second record, lol

Edited by Motivation

So yeah Slipknot..Had never listened to these guys before and just wrote them off as crappy numetal garbage but seen their concert advertised so decided to give them a shot and man im digging their new album and Will be seeing them live in January, how would you guys rank them as a live act compared to say Guns N Roses?

I saw them in 2009 and they were fucking awesome, the 'crazy test' during Spit It Out is one of the most fun things I've experienced at a show.

I watched a few songs from both Knotfest streams and I was right to write them off. Coreys voice sucks and his new mask is awful (he also re-adjusts it throughout one of the shows), I dunno if it's just the sound guy or what but he doesn't sound good. The new album, I haven't even listened to it all but I don't like any of the songs I've heard.

I saw the new video. those masks just keep getting weirder and weirfer.

The one guy with all those pointy stick thingies coming out of his mask is going to take out someone's eye! lol

The clown looks meaner now. He probably really is mean.

The new video shows all the members of Slipknot dying horrible deaths. Not a happy video by any means. lol

I saw one of the Knotfest videos. The sound guy needs to do a better job, that's for sure, but regardless of that, Corey doesn't sound very good. Both because it seems like his voice is really weak at some points, and that bottom rubber part kept coming up and blocking his mouth. The Devil In I performance was a total let down. But on the more humorous side, I'm pretty sure I saw Corey pat the bassist on the ass. Not my way of welcoming a new member into the band, but I can respect it, I suppose.

Speaking of, is there any word on whether or not the bassist is the same dude from The Devil in I video? I didn't notice the tattoo on his left hand any. Probably just the lighting though, because I saw the right hand tattoo pretty frequently.

I saw the new video. those masks just keep getting weirder and weirfer.

The one guy with all those pointy stick thingies coming out of his mask is going to take out someone's eye! lol

The clown looks meaner now. He probably really is mean.

The new video shows all the members of Slipknot dying horrible deaths. Not a happy video by any means. lol

Actually this happened in their early days (before Corey was even in the band), he stage dive and take out some girls eye...

Chris even considered to give up his musical career, but he chooses to continue...

Edited by Motivation