Malaysian passenger plane crashes in Ukraine

Russel Nash

Awful. 295 dead. Shot down too, by pro-Russian separatists or the Ukrain government ? Both are blaming each other.

Someone posted a pic of the plane on FB just before the plane took off: 'In case it disappears, this is what it looks like...'

Awful. 295 dead. Shot down too, by pro-Russian separatists or the Ukrain government ? Both are blaming each other.

Someone posted a pic of the plane on FB just before the plane took off: 'In case it disappears, this is what it looks like...'

link?

Ratbrain we need you.

• Like 1

link?

Ratbrain we need you.

2389303759.jpg

80 children on board, horrible

US officials are expected to make a statement on the basis of their radar data. i don't think it was Ukrainian government. i hope they are smart enough to not dig their own grave.

but sure, let's wait for Ratbrain to explain us that was US - Ukraine conspiracy aimed to set up innocent Putin

and for the record Ukrainians don't get along NOT with one another, they don't get along with Russian terrorists and local criminal gangs sponsored by Russia, that now hold everyone hostage in two large Ukrainian cities near Russian boarder.

80 children on board, horrible

US officials are expected to make a statement on the basis of their radar data. i don't think it was Ukrainian government. i hope they are smart enough to not dig their own grave.

but sure, let's wait for Ratbrain to explain us that was US - Ukraine conspiracy aimed to set up innocent Putin

and for the record Ukrainians don't get along NOT with one another, they don't get along with Russian terrorists and local criminal gangs sponsored by Russia, that now hold everyone hostage in two large Ukrainian cities near Russian boarder.

So, what do you think, Netcat ? Russian separatists ? I believe they said that didn't have the means to shoot a plane from the sky, but apparently they acquired one at the end of June, according to a Russian press agency ? They call it a SA6, or a Kub or Buk, I've heard both, not sure which of the two is correct.

according to a Russian press agency

and according to North Korea press agency, their team made it to the World Cup final

all i know we need an international investigation and Ukraine already initiated one

• Like 2

and according to North Korea press agency, their team made it to the World Cup final

all i know we need an international investigation and Ukraine already initiated one

But wouldn't the Russians support the Russian separatist rebels ? This is not really in favor of the Russians, is it ?

According to the media in Russia, the presidential plane was the target. They pretty much confirmed that it was an attack from Ukraine.

President Putin's plane might have been the target for Ukrainian missile - sources
Published time: July 17, 2014 18:13
Edited time: July 17, 2014 18:52
18.si.jpg

AFP Photo / liu Jin

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 295, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.

LIVE UPDATES:Malaysia Airlines MH17 plane crash in Ukraine

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

"The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.

20.jpg

AFP Photo / liu Jin / Tomas Noack

Flight MH17 crashed in Ukraine on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpar, and was carrying 295 people.

The passenger plane was expected to enter Russian airspace at 5:20pm local time, but never did, a Russian aviation industry source was cited by Reuters.

“The plane crashed 60km away from the border, the plane had an emergency beacon,” ITAR-TASS cited its source.

Edited by Russel Nash

But wouldn't the Russians support the Russian separatist rebels ? This is not really in favor of the Russians, is it ?

im sorry Lio, i didn't quite get the question

but i've just heard Russian TV reported that Ukrainian government shot down the plane by mistake, as they thought it was actually Russian plane with Putin on board... true story

Rebels supposedly found the black box and as the area is controlled by rebels, chances are we'll never know who is responsible.

A black box is not going to tell you anything.

No, probably not. But it may be difficult to conduct an independent research in the area.

im sorry Lio, i didn't quite get the question

but i've just heard Russian TV reported that Ukrainian government shot down the plane by mistake, as they thought it was actually Russian plane with Putin on board... true story

The Russian press agency said that the separatists had acquired a Buk or Kub at the end of June, while now separatists say they don't have the means. So basically they contradict each other.

Who's the idiot who approved of the flight plan? Never fly over warzones.

This! Can't believe they'd fly over a warzone. But rest assured, KLM has now promised they won't fly over the east of Ukrain anymore.

The Russian press agency said that the separatists had acquired a Buk or Kub at the end of June, while now separatists say they don't have the means. So basically they contradict each other.

apparently, terrorists initially thought they shot down Ukrainian passenger plane. one of their leaders Igor Strelkov (Russian FSB agent) bragged about it on twitter and he mentioned Buk. then it turned out it was Malaysian plane, so he changed his mind and removed his tweet (but lots of people still have printscreens of it). that's why all the confusion