236 Palestinians killed to 1 Israeli

Georgy Zhukov

What's happening is truly fucked up, both sides have blood on their hands of course but the force the Israeli army is unleashing is disturbing.

Who's going to stop them though?

At the end of the day, it's hard not to overlook the fact that there are those who are sworn to wipe Israel of the map...not that I condone the brutality they subject on the Palestinians.

Who did you expect to pay for the holocaust, Nacho? Europeans? Can't have that. :lol:

Well, in fact, all those nazi people got punished in some way or another, but giving the jews a state is a bit too much, they had their share of land (which was more than what was given to the palestinians) but they started ocupying and doing nasty stuff.

Ironically, they didnt learn shit from the holocaust.

Who did you expect to pay for the holocaust, Nacho? Europeans? Can't have that. :lol:

Well, in fact, all those nazi people got punished in some way or another, but giving the jews a state is a bit too much, they had their share of land (which was more than what was given to the palestinians) but they started ocupying and doing nasty stuff.

Weren't most of them are from Russia anyway? A lot of Jews who weren't killed by Nazis were deported by the Soviets.

http://youtu.be/M_-76H-YRjs

They've killed one fucking person. Launching far more accurate and more powerful missiles doesn't help. Send in special forces. That is what they are trained to do. Not indiscriminately kill civilians.

Exactly this! Why dont send specially trained forces to kill the exact targets?

Aren't they so military advanced that they cant difference a child in the beach from a terrorist launching missiles?

Edited by NachoLZ

1. Palestinians were given the West Bank and Gaza and the opportunity to have a Palestinian state. They refused because they wanted it all.

2. Israel may have gotten more land but a huge bulk of that was the Negev Desert.

• Like 1

1. Palestinians were given the West Bank and Gaza and the opportunity to have a Palestinian state. They refused because they wanted it all.

2. Israel may have gotten more land but a huge bulk of that was the Negev Desert.

And The West Bank. Wasn't that supposed to be Palestine anyway?

i tend to agree with this. these two sides hate each other and no amount of land given back will satisfy hamas. hamas wants israel gone from the face of the earth. debating if israel should have been given the land can be debated all day long. i think both of these people should have the land, so if they cant live together, then a two state solution would be preferable, but i doubt hamas would stop attacking israel if they were given their own land, since like you said they want it all.

so the only real option is to let them fight, the problem is someone will be shipping in weapons and supplies to each side in hope of tipping the balance in their favor. so really every option seems hopeless or impossible, which is why it will drag on forever without any chance at peace.

• Like 1

Like I've said before, common sense given the history of the area and genetic studies, both are really the same people. One has a small admixture of European blood, one has a small admixture of Arabian blood given the introduction of Islam. Everyone used to consider each other the same originally within the land originally, differentiation was only made on religion. Even most of the Palestinians in the West Bank have Samaritan roots.

I don't really understand anyone who's sympathies don't lie with the ordinary Palestinian civilians in this one. They're the ones who have had everything taken from them over the last several decades, who now live hemmed in, in densely populated, claustrophobic urban squalor and who are now dying in their hundreds at the hands of a vastly superior military. Where the fuck are they supposed to go/what are they supposed to do? Accept being second-class citizens in the Israeli state and having their self-determination and nationality robbed through no fault of their own?

I pity any child with the misfortune to be born to Palestinian parents in Gaza or the West Bank, because the rest of the world seems to feel it's acceptable that the act of being born there is sufficient to warrant them a lifetime of suffering worse than that which we bestow upon murderers and rapists in prison.

• Like 1

I don't really understand anyone who's sympathies don't lie with the ordinary Palestinian civilians in this one. They're the ones who have had everything taken from them over the last several decades, who now live hemmed in, in densely populated, claustrophobic urban squalor and who are now dying in their hundreds at the hands of a vastly superior military. Where the fuck are they supposed to go/what are they supposed to do? Accept being second-class citizens in the Israeli state and having their self-determination and nationality robbed through no fault of their own?

I pity any child with the misfortune to be born to Palestinian parents in Gaza or the West Bank, because the rest of the world seems to feel it's acceptable that the act of being born there is sufficient to warrant them a lifetime of suffering worse than that which we bestow upon murderers and rapists in prison.

my sympathies lie with both sides both the everyday israel civilians and the palestinian civilians, who are at the mercy of their crazy governments who cannot sit down and fix something that should be a relatively easy fix. they believe in the same religion, they are basically the same people and the land is home to both people.

Edited by bran

my sympathies lie with both sides both the everyday israel civilians and the palestinian civilians, who are at the mercy of their crazy governments who cannot sit down and fix something that should be a relatively easy fix. they believe in the same religion, they are basically the same people and the land is home to both people.

You seriously think the misfortune is distributed evenly?

What bran said.

No fortunes aren't distributed evenly but the bottom line is no matter what questionable actions the Israeli government may carry out, they aren't even in the same neighbourhood of arrogance and hatred of the Palestinian leadership. Palestinians need to revolt against the donkeys that supposedly have their interests at heart if they are to have any chance of coming to legitimate negotiations with Israel.

a jewish kid seeing his brother blown to pieces by a hamas rocket hurts the same as a palestinian seeing his brother blown apart by an israeli rocket or bomb. both sides are at the mercy of their governments. this whole flare up could have been stopped, but hamas rejected the cease fire after israel accepted. hamas doesnt give too shits about its people, it only cares about their agenda, which is the total destruction of israel. you could split the land 50/50 and hamas would still not be satisfied.

• Like 2

a jewish kid seeing his brother blown to pieces by a hamas rocket hurts the same as a palestinian seeing his brother blown apart by an israeli rocket or bomb. both sides are at the mercy of their governments. this whole flare up could have been stopped, but hamas rejected the cease fire after israel accepted. hamas doesnt give too shits about its people, it only cares about their agenda, which is the total destruction of israel. you could split the land 50/50 and hamas would still not be satisfied.

But look at the contrast in death tolls in the title of this thread? Does that not say anything to you? Examine your average quality of life indexes for ordinary Israeli and Palestinian civilians, who has the greater cause for grievance on balance? I think too much is being focussed on Israel vs Hamas in this dialogue rather than looking at what's really important, which is the suffering of ordinary (and in an overwhelming majority of cases, Palestinian) people... It's easy to critique Hamas because you can totally go for the "crazy terrorists" angle; I knew a guy from Palestine who was raised in a settlement with 32,000 people in one square kilometre, that shit just isn't right, but no-one is even really mentioning that as a contributing factor here when arguing that Israel are "just defending their territory and people."

If a concession is given then it's "oh, both sides are as bad as each other..." Are they fuck.

• Like 2