236 Palestinians killed to 1 Israeli

Georgy Zhukov

the only reason more israeli's are not dead in the current conflict is because most of the missiles hamas are shooting are getting shot down by the iron dome. a lot of bloodshed could have been stopped if hamas didnt reject the cease fire. israel is not blameless either. i think the 1967 borders like president obama said a couple of years ago should be the beginning of negotiations. the problem is among young palestinians the support for a two state solution is pretty low.

hamas is easy to go after because of their track record. they kill and target civilians and hide among the civilians so the civilians end up the statistic and not some hamas soldier.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Guest Gunns

It's Hamas we're talking about here, not Fatah. Fuck em. They're the cowards hiding amongst civilians.

Yeah but falafel and tabbouleh just ain't the same without 'em. :shrugs:

I think hummus might have something to do with it too, I don't know - all of this is just hard to swallow.

Like I've said before, common sense given the history of the area and genetic studies, both are really the same people. One has a small admixture of European blood, one has a small admixture of Arabian blood given the introduction of Islam. Everyone used to consider each other the same originally within the land originally, differentiation was only made on religion. Even most of the Palestinians in the West Bank have Samaritan roots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism_of_small_differences

I don't see any peace being brokered when you've got Netanyahu in power in Israel and Hamas in power in Palestine. I don't believe either party will ever agree to a two-state solution.

Also the problem of the nutjob settlers who believe they own that region by birthright, and the equally nutjob Islamists who believe Allah gave them that land.

• Like 1

Haha of course. Just look at India and Pakistan.

Don't think I could put it any better than you did.

Pretty much every stereotype about Jews applies to Iranians as well.

Jewish friend of mine was telling me how he fancied all these Iranian Jewish girls at his synagogue, but his dad would say, "Oh, I don't trust those Iranians, cheap bastards..." :lol:

Also the problem of the nutjob settlers who believe they own that region by birthright, and the equally nutjob Islamists who believe Allah gave them that land.

Religion's I wonderful thing I always say. :lol:

• Like 1

I agree we shouldn't be backing them, but Israel is there, defending itself, and it's winning. Sorry Palestine, move on.

The worlds fourth largest military is "defending itself" against one of its most deprived and densely populated territories by launching a full scale armed assault. For the third time in five years. This is not a defence operation. Do you honestly think Israelis cower in fear every time the air raid sirens go off? No. They sleep safely at night and joke about it in the morning. The idea that Israel is responding in such merciless, devastating fashion because they're being crippled by a hail or rockets is pure fantasy.

This current situation would be like if, after the IRA terrorist campaign in England in the 70's, the British Army retaliated by carpet bombing West Belfast.

• Like 2

I agree we shouldn't be backing them, but Israel is there, defending itself, and it's winning. Sorry Palestine, move on.

The worlds fourth largest military is "defending itself" against one of its most deprived and densely populated territories by launching a full scale armed assault. For the third time in five years. This is not a defence operation. Do you honestly think Israelis cower in fear every time the air raid sirens go off? No. They sleep safely at night and joke about it in the morning. The idea that Israel is responding in such merciless, devastating fashion because they're being crippled by a hail or rockets is pure fantasy.

This current situation would be like if, after the IRA terrorist campaign in England in the 70's, the British Army retaliated by carpet bombing West Belfast.

That's the best analogy I've seen tbh.

Israeli official says 14 Hamas operatives spared in bid to minimize civilian casualties

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/18/israeli-official-says-14-hamas-operatives-spared-in-bid-to-minimize-civilian/

Yes, ignore the story, bitch that it's foxnews.

I would have to agree with some of the pro-Israel side here. Granted, Hamas is a terrorist organization, but to say that Palestine has nothing to do with them is almost laughable. If Palestine doesn't want them there, they could purge them out. But instead, they let them stay and support them behind the scenes. So yes, when Hamas attacks Israel, no one should be surprised when Israel strikes back.

Israeli official says 14 Hamas operatives spared in bid to minimize civilian casualties

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/18/israeli-official-says-14-hamas-operatives-spared-in-bid-to-minimize-civilian/

I would have to agree with some of the pro-Israel side here. Granted, Hamas is a terrorist organization, but to say that Palestine has nothing to do with them is almost laughable. If Palestine doesn't want them there, they could purge them out. But instead, they let them stay and support them behind the scenes. So yes, when Hamas attacks Israel, no one should be surprised when Israel strikes back.

Support them behind the scenes? They've been voted in.

It's like what what crazy dictators do to show how powerful we are. Some piss ant force is sending rockets at us that can't even hit the target or can be easily taken out by our defenses. We must kill over 200 times more just to show how bad ass they are. That is like the US "War on Terror" on the surface it seems like a great and noble cause but in the end, it is all pointless.

They all need to sit down and watch Munich, Spielberg had it right all along. This conflict will go on until the killing stops.

On that note I leave you all this

Just replace "Bush" with Obama or any future president.

Support them behind the scenes? They've been voted in.

I wasn't even aware of that. I guess I need to keep up on world events a little better.

Well, if that's the case, then what's the problem?

Edited by Kasanova King

Hmm, but not really though.

The IRA were not firing rockets from streets and civilian populated areas of Belfast during the attacks. That said, I understand the anology.

It's really interesting to me that when this issue comes up, people feel very strongly on either one side or another of the fence; its a rare that anyone takes the middle ground and see's it from opposing positions.

Still, carry on :)

• Like 1

Hmm, but not really though.

The IRA were not firing rockets from streets and civilian populated areas of Belfast during the attacks. That said, I understand the anology.

It's really interesting to me that when this issue comes up, people feel very strongly on either one side or another of the fence; its a rare that anyone takes the middle ground and see's it from opposing positions.

Still, carry on :)

The way I think of it is that a wealthy and well equipped country probably shouldn't be shelling kids on a beach. :shrugs:

Isreal is the Wests stepping stone to the Middle East. The US won't allow Isreal to unload because it will start a huge conflict/war that would be extremely ugly for everyone. The state of Isreal should have never been created, the whole area there is nothing more then a ticking time bomb for a global war.