Guns N' Roses in Arena da Amazônia, Brazil - November 5th

According to this: http://acritica.uol.com.br/vida/Confirmado-Ivete-Sangalo-Arena-Amazonia_0_1176482370.html

Em outubro, é a vez do tradicional Samba Manaus aportar no estádio, conforme solicitação enviada à FVO. Mas a primeira atração internacional da Arena deve ficar por conta de uma das maiores bandas de rock: um show do Guns n' Roses está com a data de 5 de novembro reservada no local.

:shrugs:

Edited by mauromamut

No hablo portugues. Je peux avoir une traduction?

Google traductor:

In October, it is the turn of the traditional Samba Manaus dock at the stadium as request sent to the FVO. But the first international attraction Arena should be in charge of one of the greatest rock bands: a show of Guns n 'Roses is with the date of November 5 reserved on site.

Mas a primeira atração internacional da Arena deve ficar por conta de uma das maiores bandas de rock: um show do Guns n' Roses está com a data de 5 de novembro reservada no local.

"but the first international show at the Arena should be one of the greatest rock bands: Guns n 'Roses. They had a date on November 5 reserved on the schedule."

Maybe, just maybe this means they're planning on releasing a new album before then :awesomeface:

There's still time for 2-3 new songs!

Ooh, yes, that's right, we still haven't got the new songs :) Still, I don't think it's true. Returning to Brazil so early would make absolutely no sense, would it ?

God, i just wait till Axl's band only played in South America and nothing more...

Maybe, just maybe this means they're planning on releasing a new album before then :awesomeface:

Ooh, yes, that's right, we still haven't got the new songs :) Still, I don't think it's true. Returning to Brazil so early would make absolutely no sense, would it ?

The band managed by brazilians, what do you expect, lol
This is the only market that could be profitable at this point

My guess is it's an opportunity that's presented itself because of the rescheduled Heaven and Hell show in Mexico which I think is around that time, and Team Brazil's greater connections in South America than in North America (i.e. easier for them to book concerts in Brazil than in USA). Looking at the attendance figures for the last tour, though, I don't see how they can play similar sized venues in markets they played already this year, which is why I guess they're playing somewhere new.

I was hoping for some European dates. I wanna hear Prostitute.

TWAT first, then Prostitute. Both in one show would be out of this world.

And then new songs! :P

Agreed. Please come to Europe with your TWAT and your Prostitute! And new songs!!!

• Like 2

That stadium's a 40,000+ seater. I guess they'd tape off seats behind where the stage'd be, but then there's standing capacity to take into account, I'm guessing that'd take it over 50,000. Unless Slash is back in the band they're not gonna sell out a venue that size even in Brazil.

Guns N' Roses
Arena Anhembi Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 28, 2014
$2,090,395
18,000 / 35,000
$266.06, $123.85
Mercury Concerts
$1,404,427
16,342 /25,000
$183.49, $50.46
Mercury Concerts
$1,271,180
11,180 / 20,000
$275.23, $100.92
Mercury Concerts
$1,264,417
14,570 / 15,000
$458.72, $41.28
Mercury Concerts
$1,198,083
12,197 / 12,197
$220.18, $59.63
Mercury Concerts
$1,180,640
10,630 / 12,000
$642.20, $55.05
Mercury Concerts
$1,021,262
9,902 / 11,100
$146.79, $100.92
Mercury Concerts
$963,193
10,425 / 12,928
$238.53, $87.16
Mercury Concerts
$848,744
10,843 / 12,000
$128.44, $45.87
Mercury Concerts

Just looked it up, it's one of those new WC stadiums. Quite a venue to fill... I just don't get it. The last SA tour was no failure, but there were venues that were like half full. Thanks for posting the attendance, Amir, I was just about to do that :P

The attendance was great in Recife and Fortaleza where they barely get any acts, and Rio and Porto Alegre were pretty much sold out. Sao Paolo, Curitiba and Belo Horizonte numbers aren't so hot percentage-wise, but they're also the highest attendance per show.

Only way I can see this gig selling well is if it's used as a platform to launch the new album. New album + huge venue + livestream + crazed South American fans = good publicity for new album.

I was hoping for some European dates. I wanna hear Prostitute.

TWAT first, then Prostitute. Both in one show would be out of this world.

And then new songs! :P

I like TWAT, but if I had to chose I'd chose Prostitute. I'm still not over the video of it from the Las Vegas show.

I would also like some IRS and then some new songs would be more than welcome.

But seriously, I'm dying to hear Prostitute.

• Like 1