A MyGNR Novella

AdriftatSea

• 2 weeks later...

She held tight to the children as the blast threw them high into the night air. They splashed down deep into the dark, onyx waters of the River Styx just outside the city. The little ones thought this was great fun and began to laugh like little ones do. Shea pulled them close to her and swam ashore. As she rose from the banks of the river with her little ones she looked to the night sky. It appeared as though it were raining fire from the explosion.

Hopefully the blast got them all. All those crazy women. Doubt it though. Time to go find Roi. Where was he? Wait, where was she? This place wasn't familiar to her. There was some sort of purple sludge all over the streets and buildings. There were dead birds everywhere? Dead purple birds at that! What a sight! Fire falling from the sky, purple sludge glistening in the streets and dead birds covered in the purple substance.

She stood there thinking, "Well, I can't stand here thinking long, or is it long thinking? I always get that mixed up? I know I'm not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition but does it matter if I'm talking to myself? Things like this never go well in movies, and this isn't even a movie." That's when she heard him. It was a familiar voice. She looked behind her just as he said...

• 3 weeks later...

..at which point the attention of all in the room turned to Cilla Black, who sauntered in, a martini in one hand and a Romeo and Julliette in the other, clearly inebriated, knocking over furniture and bellowing 'Beatles?!?! I fuckin' shit em! I made them what they were!'. Later the ghost of John Lennon shat in her pillowcase and as he was wiping his arse on her mustard coloured curtains, he heard the doorknob turning behind him..

Shea opened the door of the church, walked in and saw the ghost of John Lennon wiping his ass on the mustard colored curtains. God he smelled bad. He always smelled bad in life, more like body odor from not bathing for years but now his ghost smelled like actual shit. She noticed he had four balls too. How awkward. Then she turned and saw Cilia Black. She ran to Cilia and wrapped her arms around her, knocking her drink out of her hand and all over her chiffon dress. How she loved Cilia. She was the children's Godmother. The little ones adored her too. They squealed with delight at the site of her!

Cilia said, "Now Dearie, we must get these babies to Grandmother Ella's. They're tired and hungry. I'll take them. I know you're looking for Roi. Keep up your search and meet me there." Shea wasn't so sure about this because she knew Cilia was always drunk, plus Shea despised Roi's mother Ella. Ella never thought Shea was good enough for her son. Still, the little ones were tired and hungry. She agreed to let Cilia take them. Shea kissed them on the cheeks, told them to keep Cilia on track to Grandmere Ella's and go straight there. She watched as Cilia stumbled out the door with her babies. She knew they would be fine.

Then she turned to the ghost of John Lennon and asked, "Just exactly what are you doing here?" The ghost of John Lennon said, "I hear there is a concert that has a roller coaster that a drummer rides while he plays, tell me about this, I must see it! Where is it! Take me to this concert! I know where Roi is! If you take me, I will take you to Roi!"

Shea rolled her eyes and said...

Lets get Glen out of the closet, see what he thinks, so they opened the closet door when Guru Glenn Hoddle sat crossed legged, waiting for the door to open so he can offer his sage-like advice. However on this occasion when they opened the door they found Glenn balls deep in Michael Barrymore, who was stark naked saved for the swimming aid inflatable armbands he had on. Disgusted, Shea moved to close the door, just as Glen uttered the following '4-4-2 formation is outdated and redunda....'

nt... redundant? Shea slammed the door shut. She couldn't believe Guru Glenn was in the closet again. She realized she needed him though. She opened the door, pushed Michael Barrymore and his pool floats to the side, grabbed Guru Glenn, pulled him out of the closet and slammed the door on Barrymore.

"Guru Glenn, I need your help. I've got to find the Crue concert. Ghost John Lennon will tell me where Roi is if I take him." Guru Glenn said, "Hold up Missy Shea, what's all this and what is that awful smell?"

"I'll explain on the way. Can you take me? Wait, first, what's all this purple stuff and the dead birds?"

Guru Glenn said, "Oh Missy Shea, Prince had a concert. And the strangest groupies enticed the sound and lighting crew. They looked like that scary child from The Ring movie. Word is they had blotter acid and gave it to the boys. Well, the boys let the doves go at the same time as the lasers went off during the finale, same time as the smoke and purple mist blew, same time as the wind machines were turned on, same time as the huge par lights were pointed to the sky. Blinded the birds, sprayed them with purple mist, the wind put them in a spiral, sent them in all directions... well, you can just imagine. It was a big mess."

Ghost John Lennon said, "Prince Charles has a band now? Finally the bloke found something useful to do!"

Shea looked at Guru Glenn and begged, "You have to help me!"

Guru Glenn said, "I'll help you if ...