Chinese Democracy on vinyl

Went to a record store today and to my complete surprise I found Chinese Democracy on vinyl. Took me aback for a bit, as I guess I knew it was made for vinyl, but I had never seen it in any stores probably since the day I bought the CD at that very abandoned display in Best Buy all those years ago. Also pretty surprised by the price, which I thought was pretty reasonable, seeing as LPs like Zeppelin and Aerosmith were going for $12 (way more than they should really be sold for).

Chinesevinyl_zps7d75dce4.jpeg

Ended up passing on it, as $25 was just too much for me for an album I didn't really care that much for. Probably would have bought Appetite for that price had I seen it. Considered buying it in case someone on here was interested in it, or if it was worth way more than the $25 (I actually thought vinyls on this album went for quite a bit, but maybe I'm making that up), but didn't want to take a chance on that it wasn't valuable or that no one wanted it. Anyway, thats my funny Guns N Roses anecdote for the day.

Worth anything? Should I have bought it? Did anyone here want it?

Went to a record store today and to my complete surprise I found Chinese Democracy on vinyl. Took me aback for a bit, as I guess I knew it was made for vinyl, but I had never seen it in any stores probably since the day I bought the CD at that very abandoned display in Best Buy all those years ago. Also pretty surprised by the price, which I thought was pretty reasonable, seeing as LPs like Zeppelin and Aerosmith were going for $12 (way more than they should really be sold for).

Chinesevinyl_zps7d75dce4.jpeg

Ended up passing on it, as $25 was just too much for me for an album I didn't really care that much for. Probably would have bought Appetite for that price had I seen it. Considered buying it in case someone on here was interested in it, or if it was worth way more than the $25 (I actually thought vinyls on this album went for quite a bit, but maybe I'm making that up), but didn't want to take a chance on that it wasn't valuable or that no one wanted it. Anyway, thats my funny Guns N Roses anecdote for the day.

Worth anything? Should I have bought it? Did anyone here want it?

I own AFD on Vinyl, Cassette and CD and I would rather smash all of them if it meant that I didn't have to do the same to my CD Vinyl.

• 5 months later...

the European vinyl sounds a tad bit better.

still hoping for them to release ChiDem on HDTracks in 24/96

Yes please. But there's still the possibility that it was digitally recorded at a lower bitrate than at least 24/96, sadly.

Edit: oops, didn't see Mendez's post :D

Edited by EvH