Young vacationers in Spain.

November_rain

I guess that most of you have seen or read in the news about these young people who go on vacation to the Spanish coast and their scandals, right?.

Most of them come from UK, Germany and the Nordic countries and every summer we hear the same stories and witness the same erratical behaviours. I´m not saying Spanish people are perfect and quiet but man, those people seem to transform when they come to Spain.

They behave like animals, they are noisy, they shit and pee on the streets, they drink untill they lose their minds, they start fights, they annoy the neighbours, they beat people for no reason, they even have sex in the middle of the street without giving a shit about the people who might see the scene (children included). Some are so desperate for a drink that they do whatever they are asked to, like blow jobs in some bars. Some are so drunk that they jump from the balconies and die or are severely injured.

People think that these things only happen in Majorca and Salou but the truth is that they happen in most of the touristic places around the Mediterranean coast. Some hotels even have lists with the names of the problematic guests and don´t allow them to stay. I live in one of those places and it never ceases to amaze me that they turn so irrational, bad mannered, violent and annoying. They brag of their good manners when they are in their countries but when they come to Spain they transform into beasts. What the fuck is so wrong with them? Don´t they have any alcohol in their countries? Or are they oppressed and censored that they free themselves when they come here?.

This is not new to us, it´s a hot topic right now in the news but this has been happening for years and nobody seemed to care.

What do you guys think about the matter?

I have been on a few of those vacations when I was 16-21. Had a great time, did really stupid things and have no regrets whatsoever.

But to be honest, I don't really act much different when I go out in my own country.

When I was 18, I went to Salou with my friends :lol:

I am not British though. I know how to behave.

Also the it was in the '90s we were still too afraid in those days. Can't imagine girls doing such a thing, where is there self respect? Anyway, I had a lot of fun, good memories.

Edited by MB.

I can't find the video anywhere.

Link?

The link above will take you to an article with a link to the video.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to post the video link directly. :lol:

She was from Northern Ireland as well, I know quite a few people who know her :lol:

The girl in the video?

Good chance a few doctors will soon know her too. ;)

Yeah I gather she's from a town called Banbridge, about twenty minutes from me. I could try to get a MyGNR exclusive, or pass her onto NGOG. Wasn't her first incident from what I heard, unsurprisingly. For all I know that could've been people just trying to get another girl in shit though, but I don't see why my friend would've lied. Those kind of holidays are really popular here, but as I said, most people would go once after they finish school as their first summer holiday away from their parents. Most people leave it at that, and you can rest assured that anyone going back for seconds is a bit of an arsehole. As far as an experience I guess it's fine, but I'd question people going back year after year. I preferred travelling around Europe myself, that at least gave us the option of seeing touristy things during the day and getting blootered at night.

Born in Italy? :P

I was actually born in the U.S. My parents were both born in Italy, therefore according to Italian law, I qualify as an Italian citizen. (It wasn't automatic, I had to apply for it when I was younger).

Well you may or not know the language but you have all these Italian-Americans talk about how they are Italian when they are actually American. They think properly pronouncing the cuisine and know some Italian makes them Italian.

I was actually born in the U.S. My parents were both born in Italy, therefore according to Italian law, I qualify as an Italian citizen. (It wasn't automatic, I had to apply for it when I was younger).

Well you may or not know the language but you have all these Italian-Americans talk about how they are Italian when they are actually American. They think properly pronouncing the cuisine and know some Italian makes them Italian.

I find it funny when you see some Latinos affecting the full on accent and wotnot without speaking a word of Spanish. :lol: Edited by Dazey

I see what you're getting at. Italian was actually my first language...that's all my parents spoke to me until I was 3.....I didn't learn English until pre-school. So I'm fluent in both now....and I have no accent when speaking in either Italian or English. It's all one vocabulary to me.

Edited by Kasanova King

I see what you're getting at. Italian was actually my first language...that's all my parents spoke to me until I was 3.....I didn't learn English until pre-school. So I'm fluent in both now....and I have no accent when speaking in either Italian or English. It's all one vocabulary to me.

I'm guessing he's assuming you're one of those "Jersey Shore" fake Italians like Snooki (Chilean), JWoww (Irish & Spanish), Ronnie (half Puerto Rican), etc.

When Americans are asked by people in America what ethnicity they are, it's redundant to say "Italian American" or "Irish American" or whatever. The person asking wants to know where your ancestors come from, that's why they ask. It's all about your roots, not where you were born or which country you are a citizen of. But when Americans are overseas, they should definitely answer either "Italian American" or simply "American".

Pretty much this. (And I'm definitely not Jersey Shore material).

When I'm in Italy, my friends call me "L'Americano". (The American) ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

Well yeah but that doesn't stop anyone from being ethnically Italian.

Pretty much this. (And I'm definitely not Jersey Shore material).

When I'm in Italy, my friends call me "L'Americano". (The American) ;)

L'American, eh? That's probably because you remind them of the guy called "L'Americano" on the Italian TV series "Civitavecchia Shore". It's about Americans who come to Italy on vacation and behave as if they are Italians - adopting a pseudo-Italian language and fondness for artificially exaggerated and cliché Italian cultural components - just because their parents or grandparents were Italian.

• Like 1

So you are bilingual, that´s pretty cool you can speak both languages with native level.

My friend was born in Paris but when she was like 3 she and her parents moved to Spain to live with her father´s family. Her mom didn´t speak Spanish so my friend used to act as a translator. Althought she is half spanish half french she considers herself spanish and unless she tells , you would never know she´s french. Actually, she speaks spanish with her mom and she only speaks french when she talks on the phone with her french relatives or when she goes to France.

Anyone else reminded of that episode of The Sopranos when Paulie was going on how great it is to be "Italian" after sleeping with an Italian hooker? She was like "eh."

I took Italian for a year in school, so I happened to help out this Italian family that was visiting from overseas. They barely spoke English but if I attempted Italian with them, they look at me like I just exposed myself.

Then I met this obnoxious woman from New Jersey at a pizza place trying to educate the Hispanic staff on Italian words. I had a couple customers who try to act like they are Mafia hitmen when I tell them their prescription isn't ready.

Just speak English. Don't even attempt the language because unless you are fluent, you will fail.