What are other bands' equivalent of 'Ritz 1988'?

GivenToFly

Bruce Springsteen's Passaic Night (1978 show in Passaic, NJ) - a nearly 4 hour magnum opus, containing all of his biggest hits and a few deep cuts from his early career, and the definitive live performances of many setlist centerpieces

The Who's Live at Leeds (obviously)

Sorry for going off topic but the Ritz wasn't a very good show for that era of GNR or in general. It just happens to be the only decent proshot from back then. There's nothing "magical" or "historic" about it. Just being real.

I'm talking more about perception, otherwise I would've asked what are the best shows by different acts. Essential listening, that's what I was going for.

'That haven't been released officially''. Hmm? Thing is, so much of this stuff has been officially released now, on the Kissologies (containing most of those classic Kiss video boots: SF, Cobo Hall, Houston), The Brussels Affair, etc etc. Guns are of course notoriously shit at releasing stuff, but many of the old acts have done this. Here are two that I can think of...

I said I was going mostly for unofficial stuff because being officially released is like cheating. Of course the official stuff will be the most famous, and of course it's essential listening. And another thing: for official stuff I can just go to wikipedia, go to an artist's discography and find it there, but there is no list of great shows by different people anywhere. Maybe go to bootleg sites, search for a name and see which bootleg gives the most results.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for going off topic but the Ritz wasn't a very good show for that era of GNR or in general. It just happens to be the only decent proshot from back then. There's nothing "magical" or "historic" about it. Just being real.

What makes it historical and magical is the fact it was recorded and is available in such high quality. All bands have their great moments but if it's not documented in a way people can look back on then it's irrelevant. Band's great historic moments are just that because of the manner in which they were documented. Because of this YES the Ritz performance is magical and it is historic. It's the best quality account that we have of GnR at arguably their best. Nobody is gonna call a non recorded concert a historic moment. It may have been magical in the moment but those are dime a dozen when concerning great bands. Something needs to be documented for it to be a pivotal moment in terms of public perception and recognition. U2's Live Aid for example. Not nearly their best performance but because it was captured on film for the world to see it's a massive moment for them and is widely considered a magical and historic performance.