Gene Simmons is being a dick again...

Crash Diet

Kiss star Gene Simmons says he's proud to be among the One Percent of the world's richest people – and insists everyone else owes him a debt of gratitude.

The bassist believes the world would descend into "chaos" if it wasn't for him and fellow millionaires.

Simmons tells UTSanDiego.com: "The one percent pays 80 percent of all taxes. 50 percent of the population of the US pays no taxes. The one percent provides all the jobs for everybody else. If the one percent didn't exist there would be chaos and the economy would drop dead."

He adds: "Try being nice to rich people. I don't remember the last poor person who gave me a job."

Describing his 30 years of extreme financial security as "fantastic" he continues: "You know how I spell 'shameless?' P-r-o-u-d."

And he explains: "People often confuse my pride and self-confidence with arrogance. I'm like an animal in the jungle that pisses on the ground and doesn't ask permission. That's full disclosure before the facts – others hold their opinions to themselves and never say who they are. You will always know who I am. You don't have to like it."

Kiss – whose induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame set off an explosion of controversy this year – are touring the US with Def Leppard.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-07-21/kiss-gene-simmons-poor-people-owe-me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fucking arrogant prick. I wish the 1% percent guys and gals like him die in an agonizing death (obv. joking, but c'mon... what an asshole)

The poor people owes him... yeah

I wonder where his stupid dick got now if his poor 99% percent fans doesn't buy his over produced shit and stopped going to the vegas act shows...

Did you really expect anything different? Gene's always been a first class cunt.

I know i know, but this statement is blood boilingly arrogant from a rock star's mouth who done LITERALLY nothing to talk like that (hell NOBODY should talk like that)

I wonder what the Kiss fans thoughts about this

His daughter is hot.

That's not an excuse

Did you really expect anything different? Gene's always been a first class cunt.

I know i know, but this statement is blood boilingly arrogant from a rock star's mouth who done LITERALLY nothing to talk like that (hell NOBODY should talk like that)

I wonder what the Kiss fans thoughts about this

His daughter is hot.

That's not an excuse

I think all KISS fans acknowledge that the band are a bunch of assholes.

• Like 1

What did he say that was wrong?

Not talking about his reputation or what you think about him, not talking about the jungle part or any of that. I'm not defending him as a person as he seems like a total douche and I can't stand Kiss music.

But in terms of the richest 1% of the people paying 80% of the taxes and 50% of American citizens not paying anything, and that rich people supply more jobs to people than poor people.............(maybe the 80% and 50% aren't exact stats?)..............but that actual part of what he said is pretty true.

And, the headline wasn't written by Gene, so you can't blame him for that.

There's people in the one percent that are there because they're trust kids or moved money around but that's not the norm and they're not all business owners, a lot of business owners aren't in the 1 percent either because they run small businesses and put money back into the business, eating ramen and peanut butter sandwiches, getting it off the ground.

I get that Gene was poor, "man of the house" and made his way through college, but every road that points to how KISS became famous and made money goes to Bill Aucoin and Doc McGhee, and the licensing and marketing crew that work with KISS. He might have approval authority but so does Paul.

Gene doesn't turn down an interview, so he says a lot of the same things over and over. I'm sure it's as rehearsed as when he "bleeds" during God of Thunder.

Some of the ideas are good - LA doesn't have a football team but I don't know how that's fared, and the "gastropub" isn't heavily KISS, more like Cooperstown so I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Not talking about his reputation or what you think about him, not talking about the jungle part or any of that. I'm not defending him as a person as he seems like a total douche and I can't stand Kiss music.

But in terms of the richest 1% of the people paying 80% of the taxes and 50% of American citizens not paying anything, and that rich people supply more jobs to people than poor people.............(maybe the 80% and 50% aren't exact stats?)..............but that actual part of what he said is pretty true.

Nope. The wealthiest 1% doesn't provide so many jobs. That's a myth.

Plus he talks in general (USA is not the world Groghan)

No but the reason they pay 80% of the is they the only ones getting paid.

The 1% get 10 mil and above.

90% get 30k a year. These are people he's talking down to.

Ghadaffi when he was final caught in Libya was raped with a knife by a gang of rebels. Gene should just quite quiet about his good fortune.

Ghadaffi when he was final caught in Libya was raped with a knife by a gang of rebels. Gene should just quite quiet about his good fortune.

not to mention these "poor people" are the ones that work their asses off and save to go to a kiss concert and to buy their albums. these poor people have given this piece of shit a job for 3 or 4 decades.

not to mention these "poor people" are the ones that work their asses off and save to go to a kiss concert and to buy their albums. these poor people have given this piece of shit a job for 3 or 4 decades.
That unfortunately is our fault.

I think problem lies somewhere in that yes they do create jobs. But those jobs pay dick. So he's rich because he doesn't pay his employees. That maybe their right. That's how it is I guess.

But it seems like its going too far that way. Across the board.

I think Gene should feel more lucky than proud. Especially as music isn't really of any use to anyone. But it's not like the rest of the world makes much sense either.

I guess if he wants to feel proud then good for him. The money won't make him happy anyway.