Highvoltage steps down as admin

UK SUBS

It's been a good ride bud. Wish you the best in life. We both were around the same age when we joined and have grown here. Very sad to see you go and can say nothing but positive things about what you have done here.

Take it easy Chris :)

I remember we joined around the same time, and even at 15 years old (I can't believe you were only 15!) you have always been an asset to this place.

I loved your post, P4A. So spot on, and given that I often consider you to be part of the 'old crew' from back in the day, reading your post gave me feels.

I think part of the reason I've always felt such a kinship with HV is because our lives parallel quite a lot in this way. I started posting here when I was around 14 years old or so, registering originally right around the same time as him. I always liked his posts, and I think looking back now he and I always displayed a bit more maturity than is common for our age. I know people were always surprised by how young he was, and I would often get the same reaction. In fact, for years I purposely avoided divulging my age because I felt like it gave people an easy route to dismiss people's arguments. Part of the appeal of message boards is the anonymity in that way, in which you can really all be approached for the content of your posts rather than other factors, which is why it bugs me when I do see people targeting posters for age.

HV and I are both 25 now and I've sort of grown up on this forum with him, which sounds weird, but it's true, it was a big part of my teen years and I know that's how it was for him as well, and no doubt that's a huge part of the reason he spent countless hours here behind-the-scenes even when it came at the sacrifice of his personal life and some various forum dramas at times. It can be a very frustrating and thankless task but he always did it without complaining and I'm looking forward to seeing him posting around here again as a member. I could write a lot more, about how HV always went to bat for me in the old days, how he was the one who initially recommended me for the mod job, how he and Subsy kind of stuck by me (and vice versa) when shit went down a few years back and Eric unceremoniously dumped me from the staff. When he and Subs came back to take over the forum and invited me on board, I knew my interest in GN'R was no longer at its peak (not that I'm not a fan, I just wasn't as obsessed as I had been during the ChiDem era), but for the sake of the forum and what it meant to me, as well a their friendships, I never even considered saying no. Since then I've had even more opportunities to chat with HV over the direction of the site and feel like I'm even closer to him now than back in the old days. It's weird but I'd say he's one of the closer friends I have despite never having met him, although I do send him shirtless Snapchats quite often. :wow: Anyway, I'm sad to see him go but I'm also happy for him as I know it will be a bit of a relief given all the stuff on his plate IRL at the moment. He was an invaluable asset to MyGNR and its history.

In thirty-five years HV will return to MyGNR for a championship bout of moderating and it will mirror this scene (wish I could edit his face onto Rourke's for the LOLZ):

http://youtu.be/EFq5YC23vzY?t=1m22s

• Like 1

This sucks. I liked you HV, you are an honest guy and you did well. The good thing is, now you are able to post like a normal member again and can't wait to see Mags tear your ass to shreds :lol:

HV is as good as it gets when it comes to being an Admin.

Chris, you better still be around! You will be missed as admin for sure! ER has big shoes to fill but he's a very capable replacement.

That being said, I totally understand how life can get in the way of modding/admining....the same thing happened to me a few years back. I wish you the best in your endeavors..... and like I said, I better see you around the forum....especially in Anything Goes!