Fucking mess of a performance from Slash/Myles.... how comes only Axl gets called up on his shitty performances and no-one else?

Towelie

Utterly dreadful performance. Not only does Myles sound like a dying cat on the choruses, he cocks up the lyrics half way through as well.

Axl's bad performances become legendary around these parts and yet nobody bats an eye when Slash and Myles perform like shit.

• Like 1

Axl has a far higher ceiling thus expectations are colossal, he decided to carry GNR on his own shoulders, refuses to progress for years on end and relies on old material so when he can't even perform it adequately in his off-colour periods, the acidic reunionists revel in glory at a secondary victory, Slash is a usually competent live performer and made quite a few classics and does not have the desperate clamouring and debatable lack of talent that Ashba draped himself in, thus does not inspire colossal baying mob attitudes if he has a screw up.

Kennedy can sing of course but he sounds grating on GNR material, then again most singers would.

Axl has a far higher ceiling thus expectations are colossal, he decided to carry GNR on his own shoulders, refuses to progress for years on end and relies on old material so when he can't even perform it adequately in his off-colour periods, the acidic reunionists revel in glory at a secondary victory, Slash is a usually competent live performer and made quite a few classics and does not have the desperate clamouring and debatable lack of talent that Ashba draped himself in, thus does not inspire colossal baying mob attitudes if he has a screw up.

Aaaaand close thread. Seriously, Axl kept the name and took it down the drain. He will always get more attention.

Axl fucks up songs he's performed for a good 30 years now. This performance by Myles and Slash was one of the first, if not the first time, they actually performed Civil War on just 1 acoustic guitar.

Imagine Axl sitting there with Ashba doing an acoustic version of Better. Unrehearsed, because, you know, Axl's too good for that.

• Like 4

People put magnifying glasses on Axls performances because it's GnR and what he's done with the band. Myles and Slash's shit go under the radar a lot of times because it isn't GnR, and really, people don't care as much.

Also you have a lot of people who wanna bag on Axl just for the hell of it.

• Like 3

One pretends to be GnR, the other does not.

This is all that needs to be said in this thread.

If Slash was running around calling himself GNR as the only remaining member people would be much harder on the product he puts out.

• Like 1

Utterly dreadful performance. Not only does Myles sound like a dying cat on the choruses, he cocks up the lyrics half way through as well.

Axl's bad performances become legendary around these parts and yet nobody bats an eye when Slash and Myles perform like shit.

They make a mistake, laugh about it and go on like professionals. I don't get the big deal?

I don't care for Myles' voice either, but there's no denying he does his best with what he has.

The problem with Axl is he settles for underachieving by not rehearsing, not keeping his voice up to par and not working out to increase stamina.

• Like 1

Dreadful? Not even close. Amazing? Not even close.

Now that Welcome to the Jungle clip.... THAT is dreadful.

I think this performance is tolerable

PS. I don't like Myles at all

PS 2. Slash and co. even on his worse days is better than 2011 Axl's worst days

/thread for me

Still think there's a double standard on this board. The acoustic performance of Civil War is just as bad as any of Axl's shockers I've seen over the years.

Oh geez
The double negative standard towards Slash on ALL of the GNR boards is significantly higher...

Remember before 2011 most of the posters praised Axl mostly

After 2011 when Axl becomes his self caricature totally (with a few exceptional perfomances and shows) most of the hardcore Axl fans started to criticise Axl (at least the sane ones)

Edited by Crash Diet

I hate Myles' high register with passion. I truly do. Possibly the worst sounding vocal performance of the last decade. Slash fucks up as well, not to mention that the solo sounds horrible w/o a rhythm guitar.

Myles should step up and use his chest/head register much more, less falsetto/mixed/whatever.