Fucking mess of a performance from Slash/Myles.... how comes only Axl gets called up on his shitty performances and no-one else?

Towelie

Who the fuck is a GnR fan and then says they hate Slash?

Right? But you can always find one or two local bar guitar players and complete losers 'hating' on Slash. It's funny, 'cause saying that you 'hate' someone you don't know and someone who has no idea you exist is the ultimate proof of having a shit life.

I hate lots of people...

And at least I know HOW to play guitar.

I'm sure you've lots of time to practice your mixolydian scales alone in your basement flat in between welfare checks.

When you're not hating on various people you've never met of course..

I bet you're another one of those boring asshole musicians who think that just because they can read music and know all the theory they are better or more deserving than the guy who can't read, taught himself and made a massive career delighting millions of fans with his mastery of the craft of guitar playing.

You should head on over to a place like Yngwie Malmsteen (aka Whingey Cuntstain's) Fret-WankFest website with all the other muso shut-ins and complain about how there is no justice for guys like you.

Holy crap.

I haven't seen a beatdown like that since Rodney King.

Classy...

I know. I feel a bit dirty just getting into a conversation that pertains to you.

Now tell us again about all the people you "hate" and how great of a guitar player you are.

Perfect example of what I was talking about in my previous post.

Edited by Evil Ernie

So Ernie, has your hatred for Slash allowed you to sleep tonight? How does it feel to hate someone that doesn't even know you exist?

Show some class dude, come on.

We all need to strive to be as morally righteous as good-guy Ernie!

Ernie - tell us some more about all these random people you hate. And how classy it is.

So Ernie, has your hatred for Slash allowed you to sleep tonight? How does it feel to hate someone that doesn't even know you exist?

Show some class dude, come on.

We all need to strive to be as morally righteous as good-guy Ernie!

Glad I have your support.

Can't believe he played the solo's unaccompanied... a player like Bumblefoot can pull that role off as he plays the chord melody version.... that however was blah! and a great example of how plain old lead guitar out of context is not very musical and a little too self indulgent.

Can't believe he played the solo's unaccompanied... a player like Bumblefoot can pull that role off as he plays the chord melody version.... that however was blah! and a great example of how plain old lead guitar out of context is not very musical and a little too self indulgent.

As I said in my original post, as much as I dislike him, he did really good in this clip.

I like both Axl and Slash as musicians, and I don't like bashing either one of them. However, I happened to be at the Aerosmith show last night in LA, and Slash was the opening act. HE sounded great and I loved his guitar work. The act, however, was pretty terrible. Myles seemed like a nice guy but he just didn'tseem to have any energy. And on the Guns N' Roses songs, it sounded as though he was trying too hard to imitate someone else's vocal style instead of using his talents to his best advantage and singing it his own way.

I actually ended up walking out and hanging out by the doorway. I could hear Slash's guitars there, but I didn't have to watch what was going on onstage. And as I was standing there, I overheard someone say "who is the cover band up there?" Ouch. And it didn't sound like a sarcastic remark, either.

That's too bad. I'm kind of on the fence regarding GNR songs. I would love to hear Slash play them, but Myles singing them is just not the same (obviously). I like Myles' singing though, most of the time, but not on GNR songs. There's a difference when he's the opening act, of course. Most people are there for Aerosmith, so odds are they haven't been following Slash so closely. I don't know if it's always so, but a setlist I saw on here when he was opening, almost half of it were GNR songs. That's probably because he knows most people in the audience will know these songs, but not his own.

The person asking about the cover band, was probably not really watching, and heard and knew it wasn't GNR, so obviously thought it was a cover band. More proof that the audience was there for Aerosmith. In my experience, opening acts rarely get a lot of attention.

I'm seeing them headlining later this year, so I bet that'll be totally different experience.

It was a shame, yes. A LOT of the songs were GnR - I remember hearing "You Could Be Mine," "Nighttrain," "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child" among others. I can get why Slash wants to play those songs, he co-wrote them and his guitar work on some of them is great (YCBM!). However it really doesn't work and I think it doesn't give Myles a chance to shine. And when the audience hears it, and they don't like how Myles sounds, they just do what I did and write it all off. I almost wonder how those songs would work if they did them as instrumentals; just Slash noodling through them. I'd actually be interested in hearing some of those without vocals at all.

I've seen a lot of YouTube clips of Myles singing and he has a great voice; it's infinitely better when he's not trying to imitate Axl. If they'd let him do more of his own stuff I actually think he would have stood a far better chance of winning over the crowd.

And I definitely think that's what was going on - people weren't in the auditorium, they heard "Nighttrain," knew it wasn't Axl's voice, and shrugged it off as a cover band. It's too bad. Most opening acts are ignored. I've sat through so many bad opening acts that these days, I just find out the set times and show up when the headliner's about to go on. Since this was Slash, I actually showed up for the full opening act. I'm sorry I did.

Who the fuck is a GnR fan and then says they hate Slash?

Right? But you can always find one or two local bar guitar players and complete losers 'hating' on Slash. It's funny, 'cause saying that you 'hate' someone you don't know and someone who has no idea you exist is the ultimate proof of having a shit life.
at least I know HOW to play guitar.
cupcake fail :lol:

How many multiplatinum albums do you have? Diamond albums? How many Grammys? Inducted into the RNRHOF first year of eligibility? How many times have you been ranked in the top 10 in lists of best guitar players ever? How many times had TIME put you as second best guitarist ever behind only Hendrix? How many signature model guitars do you have? How many signature model Marshall amps do you have? How many signature Wah pedals do you have?

Slash doesn't know how to play guitar :rofl-lol:

Wfa, logic doesn't work with frustrated local bar guitar players.

I'm not sure where you got this bar band thing. Really funny because GNR was a bar band.

Even if I was playing in bar band, how is that an insult?, it's better THAN being a 450 pound neck beard who has enough time on his hands to get 14,000 posts in 3 years.

Whatever. At least I know HOW to play guitar (unlike you) and at least I don't pretend that I'm Asian.

Hey, if you wanna make insults out of preconceived notions I can do the same thing.

:rofl-lol:

See, the difference between my statement and yours is that yours *clearly* shows that you're mad, upset and hurt over the fact that you're indeed a frustrated local bar guitar player. I'm sorry if you're offended, I hope one day you get a gig and show the world your incredible guitar skills!

And yeah, Guns N' Roses was a bar band that hit it big because they were not supposed to be a bar band only. Were you trying to make a point with that comment?

Glad to see what you're educating yourself and can finally see and understand the difference between 'than' and 'then'. Good job!

Lol you hate Slash. What an idiot.

Explain how?

Just shut up now.

u mad bro?

There's only one person in the Gn'R forums that is dumb enough to use "u mad bro?" these days and that's volcano62. Luckily, that loser is banned or... not? :lol:

I like both Axl and Slash as musicians, and I don't like bashing either one of them. However, I happened to be at the Aerosmith show last night in LA, and Slash was the opening act. HE sounded great and I loved his guitar work. The act, however, was pretty terrible. Myles seemed like a nice guy but he just didn'tseem to have any energy. And on the Guns N' Roses songs, it sounded as though he was trying too hard to imitate someone else's vocal style instead of using his talents to his best advantage and singing it his own way.

I actually ended up walking out and hanging out by the doorway. I could hear Slash's guitars there, but I didn't have to watch what was going on onstage. And as I was standing there, I overheard someone say "who is the cover band up there?" Ouch. And it didn't sound like a sarcastic remark, either.

That's too bad. I'm kind of on the fence regarding GNR songs. I would love to hear Slash play them, but Myles singing them is just not the same (obviously). I like Myles' singing though, most of the time, but not on GNR songs. There's a difference when he's the opening act, of course. Most people are there for Aerosmith, so odds are they haven't been following Slash so closely. I don't know if it's always so, but a setlist I saw on here when he was opening, almost half of it were GNR songs. That's probably because he knows most people in the audience will know these songs, but not his own.

The person asking about the cover band, was probably not really watching, and heard and knew it wasn't GNR, so obviously thought it was a cover band. More proof that the audience was there for Aerosmith. In my experience, opening acts rarely get a lot of attention.

I'm seeing them headlining later this year, so I bet that'll be totally different experience.

It was a shame, yes. A LOT of the songs were GnR - I remember hearing "You Could Be Mine," "Nighttrain," "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child" among others. I can get why Slash wants to play those songs, he co-wrote them and his guitar work on some of them is great (YCBM!). However it really doesn't work and I think it doesn't give Myles a chance to shine. And when the audience hears it, and they don't like how Myles sounds, they just do what I did and write it all off. I almost wonder how those songs would work if they did them as instrumentals; just Slash noodling through them. I'd actually be interested in hearing some of those without vocals at all.

I've seen a lot of YouTube clips of Myles singing and he has a great voice; it's infinitely better when he's not trying to imitate Axl. If they'd let him do more of his own stuff I actually think he would have stood a far better chance of winning over the crowd.

And I definitely think that's what was going on - people weren't in the auditorium, they heard "Nighttrain," knew it wasn't Axl's voice, and shrugged it off as a cover band. It's too bad. Most opening acts are ignored. I've sat through so many bad opening acts that these days, I just find out the set times and show up when the headliner's about to go on. Since this was Slash, I actually showed up for the full opening act. I'm sorry I did.

But all that is just your own personal preference. I happen to agree with you - I think he sounds horrible on the GnR songs.

But go to a Myles forum, or really, most other music forums, and you'll see the exact opposite reaction from lots of people. Comments about how he sings it better than Axl currently does. And, of course, you have the people who don't like it specifically because it is Slash.

I think it's a little unfair of you to act like your experience is the same one that thousands of other concert goers felt.

Aerosmith wouldn't have brought him on tour with them if they thought he wasn't going to be a draw for them.

But all that is just your own personal preference. I happen to agree with you - I think he sounds horrible on the GnR songs.

But go to a Myles forum, or really, most other music forums, and you'll see the exact opposite reaction from lots of people. Comments about how he sings it better than Axl currently does. And, of course, you have the people who don't like it specifically because it is Slash.

I think it's a little unfair of you to act like your experience is the same one that thousands of other concert goers felt.

Aerosmith wouldn't have brought him on tour with them if they thought he wasn't going to be a draw for them.

Please show me where I ever said it was anything other than my own opinion. I don't recall ever saying that I was somehow the authority on this issue. I said I went outside and I overheard another negative comment about it -and judging by how many folks were outside with me, and how many I saw leaving the auditorium in the middle of the set, I don't think I was alone in my thoughts there.

Edited by stella

Please show me where I ever said it was anything other than my own opinion. I don't recall ever saying that I was somehow the authority on this issue. I said I went outside and I overheard another negative comment about it -and judging by how many folks were outside with me, and how many I saw leaving the auditorium in the middle of the set, I don't think I was alone in my thoughts there.

I'll repeat what I said: show me where I ever said that any of those points were somehow anything other than a personal opinion and observation. They were my own observations, and I'm entitled to them, just as we all are. I have the right to share my viewpoints here. Anyway, "I think" is a pretty big qualifier that it's a personal observation. Seems as though you're just trying to start an argument here for some reason. Perhaps you'd be better off going after all the psuedo-guitar experts that seem to think they have the final authority on whether Slash is a good musician or not.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

I'll repeat what I said: show me where I ever said that any of those points were somehow anything other than a personal opinion and observation. They were my own observations, and I'm entitled to them, just as we all are. I have the right to share my viewpoints here. Anyway, "I think" is a pretty big qualifier that it's a personal observation. Seems as though you're just trying to start an argument here for some reason. Perhaps you'd be better off going after all the psuedo-guitar experts that seem to think they have the final authority on whether Slash is a good musician or not.

Jeez. People are really on edge today.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I was very respectful in my response to you. I clearly pointed something out something I thought you were doing. I agreed with you on most of your actual point.

I won't bring up other topics you are posting in. That seems a bit childish. But whatever floats your boat. Maybe you agree with a guy who calls himself Evil Ernie that says he hates lots of people, including a guitar player that he has never met, and then tells other people that they need to make classier posts. :shrugs:

Maybe try not to take people disagreeing with you as a personal attack. People have different opinions, sometimes it happens. It's OK to disagree with people and not go on a rampage of negativity. This is just a rock n roll forum.

You have a fantastic rest of your day.

Jeez. People are really on edge today.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I was very respectful in my response to you. I clearly pointed something out something I thought you were doing. I agreed with you on most of your actual point.

I won't bring up other topics you are posting in. That seems a bit childish. But whatever floats your boat. Maybe you agree with a guy who calls himself Evil Ernie that says he hates lots of people, including a guitar player that he has never met, and then tells other people that they need to make classier posts. :shrugs:

Maybe try not to take people disagreeing with you as a personal attack. People have different opinions, sometimes it happens. It's OK to disagree with people and not go on a rampage of negativity. This is just a rock n roll forum.

You have a fantastic rest of your day.

You too. Sorry if I bit your head off there.

I don't hate either Axl or Slash. Whatever happened between them, it's none of my concern, IMHO, and the business that some people seem to have, of insisiting that fans have to be either "team Axl" or "team Slash," is kinda silly, IMHO. If either of them does something I don't like I'll say it, but if they're playing in my area I'll go to see them.

• Like 1

It was a shame, yes. A LOT of the songs were GnR - I remember hearing "You Could Be Mine," "Nighttrain," "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child" among others.

What other songs? He's played those 4 Guns songs when opening for Aerosmith in an 11 song set on this tour. I don't really consider less than half as A LOT.