Fucking mess of a performance from Slash/Myles.... how comes only Axl gets called up on his shitty performances and no-one else?

Towelie

I never liked Myles so it's not fair for me to say I hate this performance. But I really hate it. It's awful. Slash could work with any artist but he chooses the one that will do whatever Slash wants. Not saying Axl is any better in his decision making, but my god...who listens to Myles and enjoys it? Every song sounds like he's mocking a bad singing voice. Just terrible in my opinion.

• Like 1

Because YOU..... ME!

I can see this being another MYGNR catchphrase.

I'm still laughing that Axl turns the first verse of Jungle into You're Crazy for about seven seconds :lol:

Timestamp? Haven't actually watched this in a while. Don't want to rewatch the whole thing ever again.

Just watch the video on the other page, it happens in the first verse, I'd never picked it up before (probably cause I only watched the show once and once was enough) and I had to do a double take, I thought it was a mash up of the performance then he attempts to pass it off as part of Jungle and then revs up panicking thinking he's on the last chorus, it was a strange day.

Myles voice is a "love it or hate it" kind of voice. Even on some songs, he sound like a woman. lol. Esp in Alter Bridge. But it is what it is.

Axl's current Mickey voice though is really really cringe worthy. Its something I dont wanna let anyone catch me watching/listening to it. Esp. when I have to tell them its Axl Rose.

Meh, could have been better but not nearly on the same scale of cringe worthy as some of Axl's trainwreck performances IMHO......and Axl's bad performances out number Myles/ Slash considerably so that is part of the reason fans don't get as worked up over a subpar performance I think......

Utterly dreadful performance. Not only does Myles sound like a dying cat on the choruses, he cocks up the lyrics half way through as well.

Axl's bad performances become legendary around these parts and yet nobody bats an eye when Slash and Myles perform like shit.

well, we are only comparing axl to the axl from the 80s and 90s, where he was outstandingly good at nearly every concert. myles kennedy doesn't sound right on gnr tracks. he is ok on alter bridge stuff.

No, he sounds like a women...period. Too feminine for hard rock or anything that requires masculinity and/or anger.

Edited by combos

I haven't clicked on that video because i can already imagine the disaster Civil War must be. Myles Kennedy should be forbidden from covering GNR songs.

The idiots comparing his bad singing to Axl's mistakes are just haters who have no fucking clue, and using only one retarded video, to prove Axl sucks is as lame as their own existence. Because Axl has played hundreds of concerts and in his prime he was perfect. Myles K. is like 10 years younger than Axl and sings like crap, always sang like crap, always will and he will never be the rock frontman Axl was.

• Like 2

Slash isn't nearly as intriguing as, Axl thus the the reason nobody gives a shit. I don't look up Slash youtube videos, I look up GN'R. It's all about the brand name for me.

To be fair Slash wasn't the one who fucked up the performance, but it did strike me a little weird that he included all of his solo's in a single guitar performance. Any other artist would've chopped it up a little bit to keep the flow going and keep it simple.

AXL ROSE WAS THE BEST SINGER IN THE WORLD.

When people (me included) pick on Axl, they are not comparing him to an ordinary singer like Myles Kennedy.

They are comparing Axl to the best singer ever:

Mr. W Axl Rose;

That seems fair, cause he is 52, and should be able to sing at his optimum level like when he was in his twenties. You people fucking baffle me. How the fuck can you compare him to when he was young? Just cause some other singers have not blown out their voices, doesn't mean that he didn't have the right to, you know, age. Miles is 44 and hasn't put nearly the miles on his voice Axl has (no pun intended). That is an 8 year difference. 8 years ago was 2006, Axl didn't sound good then?

But he looks less bloated and in a better mod than Axl....

I have no idea what shows you are going to but since 2006 Axl has been in a great mood on stage. Dope.

Edited by Gunzen

Myles hasn't been a super famous inconic singer that has been huge since the 80's, Axl has. Therefore when Axl gives subar performances people notice it more and care more. It is more dissapointing when the "real deal" is the one that is not delivering

That seems fair, cause he is 52, and should be able to sing at his optimum level like when he was in his twenties. You people fucking baffle me. How the fuck can you compare him to when he was young?

For me I don't compare him at 52 to when he was in his twenties and expect him to match that. However 2010, a mere four years ago, is another story

Edited by WhazUp

Guest Gunns

I've always said it, the recent Slash solo albums would be better if they were just instrumentals. Myles voice turns everything to shit, he's like the opposite of the midas touch. :lol:

• Like 1

Not that I'm a big fan of Slash and Myles but all I see here is one vocal mistake, easily done too. Slash needed a second guitarist and Myles just doesn't suit the song because of his nasally way of hitting the high notes.

And Axl had strep throat so isn't a fair comparison.

Yeah, Axl having strep throat caused him to sing You're Crazy in the middle of Welcome to the Jungle.

With the exception if that slip up I really like that WTTJ clip. Just the right amount of rasp. And all the guys seem to be having a good time!

LOL.

AXL ROSE WAS THE BEST SINGER IN THE WORLD.

When people (me included) pick on Axl, they are not comparing him to an ordinary singer like Myles Kennedy.

They are comparing Axl to the best singer ever:

Mr. W Axl Rose;

That seems fair, cause he is 52, and should be able to sing at his optimum level like when he was in his twenties. You people fucking baffle me. How the fuck can you compare him to when he was young? Just cause some other singers have not blown out their voices, doesn't mean that he didn't have the right to, you know, age. Miles is 44 and hasn't put nearly the miles on his voice Axl has (no pun intended). That is an 8 year difference. 8 years ago was 2006, Axl didn't sound good then?

But he looks less bloated and in a better mod than Axl....

I have no idea what shows you are going to but since 2006 Axl has been in a great mood on stage. Dope.

Maybe because there are a good number of older singers who can still do a decent job singing their own songs who are much older than Axl like Tyler, Jagger, Springsteen etc.........it is not only that Axl can't hit the high notes most of the time but he sounds weak and is gasping for breath at times..........I applaud your blind support of Axl but you need to come to the realization that the man is coasting now milking the Guns brand name to the last drop...........IMHO of course...........