MyGNR's "Top 10 GN'R Songs" Voting Thread

8/1/2014 EDIT: Keeping this open for a week longer (through 8/6) -- it seems most regulars have gotten their votes in and I don't think it needs to stay open for a month. Tentative outline is to start opening polls within a few days after that, to help start the 'showdown' between the top 10 titles that were voted for. Stay tuned!

-------

Hey guys,

In celebration of the 27th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction (!!!), we decided to do our first-ever official community-wide poll to determine MyGNRForum users' favourite GN'R songs of all time!

Sure, we've had plenty of polls over the years, but never have we made a concerted effort to gather everyone's opinions all at once.

Of course, not everyone will agree with the final outcomes. But that's part of what will make this fun, and hopefully inspire some interesting discourse among the fans.

So here's how it's going to work -- everybody replies to this topic with a list of their Top 10 GN'R songs ever. They don't have to be rank-ordered, just post your top ten. We'll determine the ranks via subsequent polls (more info below).

To save us time in counting votes, I'm going to ask that ONLY lists be posted here... any off-topic comments will be deleted. Why? Simply to save us a lot of effort when wading through responses later on and trying to tally up the votes. However, obviously I realize that people will want to discuss lists as they're being posted (surely magisme will want an opportunity to bash Gunns when he ranks Scraped in his top ten, right?), so I'm starting an alternate discussion thread which can be found here. So please do me a favor and keep this thread solely dedicated to posting your lists, and use the other topic for all relevant discussion! :)

The poll will be open for exactly one month (August 25th is the deadline to get your vote in). After that point, I will lock this thread, tally up all the votes, and try to get them done by August 31st. Then the first week of September I will start a new poll listing the results of the ten song that were included in users' lists the most (not in rank order, just a list of the top ten most-voted-for songs) -- and, from there, users will have a chance to vote for nine out of the ten songs. Each poll, whichever song gets the least votes is knocked off the list, and you will be able to vote for one less title each poll (so, for example, when it comes down to a list of the top five, you can only vote for four tracks), until finally we have a showdown between the top two. I'm still figuring out how long each poll will be open for (I'm thinking two polls a week to keep things moving along quickly), but we'll cross that bridge when the times comes or however the saying goes.

So, I hope you guys like this idea and I think it will be a lot of fun. Again, please post all discussion in the alternate thread, and feel free to post your top ten lists here. I'll share mine soon, too! And if you have any suggestions or criticism of the way this poll is being conducted, feel free to shoot me a PM and/or post comments in the discussion thread.

Thanks everyone.

EDIT #1: Any count towards a specific version of a track (e.g. a live rendition, a b-side, demo, etc.) will count towards the final studio version. Why? Simply so that votes don't get split up. If someone votes for the live acoustic version of November Rain from Argentina, they're still really voting for November Rain, but I don't want that vote to get lost. So feel free to specify if there's a specific alternate take of a song that you like (and if you want to, even post a link to the clip in the discussion thread), but be aware that your vote will ultimately count towards the overall tally for that song. EDIT 2: I guess the only song this may be different for would be You're Crazy, since two distinctly different studio versions were released. Votes for the original will be tallied separately from the Lies acoustic rendition.

The lists:

useyourillusion

BreakDown2014

DieselDaisy

underhardy

Crash Diet

LuanVictor

bacardimayne

MansinHumanity

Forsaken

ManetsBR

dando