Chinese Democracy with an Appetite feel?

Great job dude.

I'd ditch the dumb bloated intro as it is on the album; song, your version, AFD feel and children in Africa have always suffered from it. Song has 25 seconds of dead air to it at start. Ditto on what was said about drums. I'd like to believe I can def hear what you were going for and I think you got there. Great job rly.

I don't get why people make this stuff. Same with the fan-made "remixes". Compete bullcrap. Yes, GnR fucked it up. But that's the way it was released. Deal with it. Today every kid with Adobe Audition is convinced he can do a better job on a professionally mixed album. And with CD, they're probably right. But I still strongly dislike the attitude. Take it the way the artist put it out. End of story.

I don't get why people make this stuff. Same with the fan-made "remixes". Compete bullcrap. Yes, GnR fucked it up. But that's the way it was released. Deal with it. Today every kid with Adobe Audition is convinced he can do a better job on a professionally mixed album. And with CD, they're probably right. But I still strongly dislike the attitude. Take it the way the artist put it out. End of story.

Why do you need so many words for saying "I am a gigantic cunt"?

Take it the way the artist put it out.

Nah, fuck it, because the artist is not always right. Especially in cases like this, where the artist changed it so many times from start to finish, that they clearly had no clue what they were doing by the end.

Why can't you voice your opinion respectfully, like I did?

Take it the way the artist put it out.

Nah, fuck it, because the artist is not always right. Especially in cases like this, where the artist changed it so many times from start to finish, that they clearly had no clue what they were doing by the end.
I'm not saying Axl did it right. Hell, I've been claiming the opposite since 2008. He massively cocked up. But this whole mess of people tweaking it from behind their computers isn't making it better really. It bombed. They got it wrong. But we have to accept that. I can't imagine looking on my iPod and trying to decide between the Adobe Alan Acoustic Remix version and the Preteen Geek Squad Dubstep techno remix. They (GnR) messed it up. Fine. But I don't believe in all sorts of kids on their computers trying to correct Axl's wrongs. I'm sure there are even people who feel Dark Side Of The Moon could sound better and tweak it. They're wrong, but some think so anyway.

Point in case - I don't like these things because they lack authenticity.

Perhaps chill out a bit.

They guy isn't auditioning for a spot in GNR. He just enjoys playing guitar and he's sharing his work with us, because we're GNR enthusiasts.

Whatever, it's all good.

• Like 2

Perhaps chill out a bit.

They guy isn't auditioning for a spot in GNR. He just enjoys playing guitar and he's sharing his work with us, because we're GNR enthusiasts.

Whatever, it's all good.

this.

The guitar work is good but it doesn't have an Appetite feel... Someone mentioned the drums, and that's part of it, but CD just isn't a song the AFD line-up would've written. It doesn't translate, unless you re-work the whole song, if you get what I mean. The only song from Chinese that I think could maybe work like that might be I.R.S.

I feel like CD could be turned into a ISE type song to get that appetite feel.

The guitar work is good but it doesn't have an Appetite feel... Someone mentioned the drums, and that's part of it, but CD just isn't a song the AFD line-up would've written. It doesn't translate, unless you re-work the whole song, if you get what I mean. The only song from Chinese that I think could maybe work like that might be I.R.S.

I feel like CD could be turned into a ISE type song to get that appetite feel.

ISE?

Literally just spat my drink out reading this, wasn't expecting that hahahaha

I enjoyed the cover, very well done! Good job. But like others have said, i didn't really get any appetite vibes

Edited by OJones90

The problem is ChiDem and Appetite are two totally different albums, in terms of style, structure and technique. The title track especially gets away from the generic hard rock song formula with an ambient opening, layers of experimental guitar solos and progression. Bastardizing a track with Slash-style sloppy licks only takes away the artistic vision and intent just to appeal to a rockist audience.

Sorry! :(:(:(

Sorry! :(:( :(

Oh shush, it's just my opinion. It's your God-given right not to give a crap about it. ;)