Chinese Democracy with an Appetite feel?

What do you guys think?

Would you like to hear more takes on Chi Dem songs?

Perfect cover, i really enjoy it.

In order to achieve the AFD feel you need to change those drums, put more groove into them. The guitar work is perfect.

You're absolutely right on the drums, the Adler sound really gives the Appetite vibe, but unfortunately I'm only a guitarist.

I suppose in absolute desperation I could get the multi track Welcome to the Jungle drums and mix them in.

Cheers!

The guitar work is good but it doesn't have an Appetite feel... Someone mentioned the drums, and that's part of it, but CD just isn't a song the AFD line-up would've written. It doesn't translate, unless you re-work the whole song, if you get what I mean. The only song from Chinese that I think could maybe work like that might be I.R.S.

The guitar work is good but it doesn't have an Appetite feel... Someone mentioned the drums, and that's part of it, but CD just isn't a song the AFD line-up would've written. It doesn't translate, unless you re-work the whole song, if you get what I mean. The only song from Chinese that I think could maybe work like that might be I.R.S.

I think "Better" too, at least the verses.

I think the drums really need the Adler groove to give it a true AfD feel but you did a fine job on this cover either way.

Edited by GnR Chris

What I think:

#1 - Congratulations man!, You sound better than Buckethead, Robin Finck, and whoever else plays guitar on that track;

#2 - Hey, calm down, man! Any decent rock guitarrist sounds better than Buckethead, Robin Finck or whoever plays guitar on that track;

#3 - You wanna sound like Appetite? 1) Add some more groove on the rhythm guitar parts, they already sound good, but they can sound even more Izzy-like; 2) Erase the "shred" and inject some "bluesy feel" into those solos, so they should sound more like Slash's; yeah, change those mechanic drums, put some groove on them!

I'll be waiting for your next take!

The tone isn't working for me. Playing is good however. Rhythm (left channel) should have a little more groove, and a different tone than lead (right channel) to distinguish them better. imo of course :headbang:

You make it sound a lot better in the verses, the original needed more energy in them but the chorus and ending represents a legit rocker, probably the only real rocker on the record.

IRS is very good but lacking proper bite and direction in the guitars, again, until toward the end. I love the record and every track has its moments but the riffs and aggression are lacking, which wasn't Axl's intention anyway but a few more acidic tracks would've rounded the record out.